Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser Day 2009

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    I am still not able to be fully dressed at work, but I can and will wear something like a pink rubber friendship bracelet.
    I am wearing my pink bracelets on my left wrist, no sign of any others so far today
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    I have to say, that I am surprised that a nervous bunch like us would do this on Friday the 13th!

I`m wearing a pink rubber bracelet.

Have mine on!
    "Evon"

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I have to say, that I am surprised that a nervous bunch like us would do this on Friday the 13th!
    I'm wearing a purple one. I'm not worried about Friday the 13th, as far as the rubber band is concerned, but I am waiting for my plumbing inspection, and the electrician just drilled a hole in one of my pipes!

Got mine on and am ready to take on the world ! I have to work today at store level so I'll get to see a lot of people. Maybe i'll find one.
    removed

Spent a couple of hours in the food court at Walden Galleria mall in Buffalo today at noon and the closest thing to spotting anyone was the girl ahead of me at the gas station I am kind of let down
    I had such high hopes

Cat

I almost didn't take part in Crossdresser Day today. I'm a total chicken.

But then I happened to be the last one out the door this morning, and a light-green rubber band happened to be sitting there on the counter as I was rinsing off my breakfast plate, and the next thing I knew I was slipping it on.

I haven't noticed anyone else wearing one, but I wasn't really expecting to. I know that statistically, there's probably at least one other crossdresser at work, but the chance that there actually is one who also happens to be a member here and is participating in Crossdresser Day is far too remote.

I'm in!

ive had mine on all day and havent seen anyone else here with 1 on
    <3 Jenny

CD Day

Disappointed! Didn't run into anyone with their rubbers. Maybe we should do this every Friday.

Francine
    [SIZE="3"]Francine[/SIZE]

I had my rubber band on today but the only place I went was to take my car to be serviced. I didn't see many people, so now I entend to wear my rubber band all weekend.

I was around Laguna Beach, walking around, and I saw several with rubber wrist bands, but nothing that gave me a clue that they were doing the same thing I was...

But then again...

Just a thought - there are probably a lot of crossdressers that don't know about this site. Do you know if much is done to promote it? I will add a link on my facebook page for those that are interested. That way more people can learn about Crossdresser Day!

I love the idea of doing something like this that always helps us identify other girls.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

CD Day

Maybe we could like pick out certain stores...Starbucks...TJ Max...Staples...Walmart on certain days of the week and plan to shop or at least stop in and see if anyone is wearing the bands. What does everyone think.

Francine
    [SIZE="3"]Francine[/SIZE]

What do you mean;"aren't supposed to be". I only have panties to wear! I did not have a chance to go anywhere to wear an elastic band.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think like all holidays.... Hallmark came up with the idea... Pick up your elastic band at the card store... By next year they will have Happy Dressing Day cards for sale... Bumper stickers... "Honk if your wearing panties.... And aren't supposed to be".

I had my rubber band on plus pink panties underneath but no sightings of other left wristed rubber band wearers during my errands today. We really didn't have a long time to get the word out...maybe next time we should plan further in advance to give time for the information to spread. I enjoyed it anyway and hope we have another one soon.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    No luck here either. Went out for a 3 mile walk (passed and passed by numerous people), then went to both an indoor mall, including food court, then to a huge outlet mall south of Austin (dark by then). Even added a "touch" of eye shadow, lipstick and mascara to my normal drab look to add some mystique....

No sightings by me yesterday. I even went shopping at Ulta, Pennys, Old Navy, TJ Max and Kohls.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Weather was really bad here, but whilst I was out I didn't see anyone else wearing a band.

everyday

i wear one everyday...guess its sort of a bracelet...maybe carry over from last year. My paper comes wrapped in one daily and it usually goes on for the day.
    lovin to dress...

Sadly, no sightings by me either. I did a walk through the big mall, and only saw women and old husbands waiting for their wives.
    Hopefully some more sightings will be reported here today.

What I'd like to suggest is doing this a few times a year and in the warmer months. ( Up north here in November is typically colder than we experienced yesterday (62 degrees), so wearing short sleeves was no problem. Had the weather been more typical, us northerners would have been wearing jackets thus hiding our rubber bands.
    Also, as Sandygal and others suggested we should include other forums to spread the word further.....
    Some of the ones I'm with are:
    http://crossdressers-forum.com/forums/

http://crossdresserclub.com

http://velvetboudoir.proboards106.com/index.cgi

To be honest I haven't been to them in a while, as this is home to me
    I think those things could help, thanks for listening,
    Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Well... As I said, I work in an occupation which puts me in contact with a fairly large number of people on a daily basis... on my 8 hour shift yesterday, (3-11PM) if my numbers are correct, I dealt with 1481 people and noticed 7 wearing rubber bands. Of those, 3 seemed to take notice of mine although no words were said. Maybe a coincidence? I don't know, but interesting....
    Last edited by Secret Sis; 11-14-2009 at 11:09 AM.

I wore mine all day...I even doodled on it at lunch with a sharpie to make it look a bit snazzier.

Alas, I didn't see anyone else...

I still agree that doing this maybe the second Friday of every month might be nice. Who knows...seeing the same person with a rubber band on every second Friday for a few months may be just the thing we need to approach them and start a conversation!

- Aeval

I even made a point in the last few days to shop where the rainbow flags are present, and stil have had no luck. I am so burnt out on caffeine as a result of all the cofeee shops in these areas.
    I now proclaim everyday as rubber band day., and maybe the sightings will increase exponetionally.