Thread: The dreaded "P" word

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar

The dreaded "P" word

I am new to this site, however by no means am I new to the transgender world. I do happen to be post-op TS and I actually make my living working for the state in HIV prevention targeting the transgender population.

This means that in my work I find myself entrenched in the tg community. I go to support groups (even Tri-Ess) and I know many of the girls where I live.

Most of the girls where I live have been trained (perhaps by myself) to not use that dreaded "P" word, for these days I hardly ever hear it. On the other hand I come to this site and I see it popping up a lot, so I will give you my take and rationalle for suggesting you not use it.

The "P" word has many definitions and the one that really hits home is that it {Implies something is not really what it appears to be}.

I dont know about you but if you are a CD or a woman or a man you are what you are!!!!! If you are dressed as a woman then you are dressed as a woman and its as simple as that. IT IS WHAT YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME HERE??????? DO YOU SEE WHERE USING THAT WORD IS SELF DEFEATING?? Do you see where using the P word sets the stage for inability to fit in??? It should be VERY clear that by using that word you VOLUNTARILY are saying I am FAKE!! That I am not real. That I am not to be respected as I appear!!!!!

Ok so you ask me "Katie what is a better way to put it?"

How about your presentation? They way you present yourself to the world is the absolute key as to wether you will FIT in!!!!!!!!!!! If you stand tall and have pride in who you are (as a CD or whatever), if you appear as the average woman your age in the correct settings, I guarantee you will fit in.

The real secret to being a woman is 90% in your head. The biggest roadblock to figureing out that part is using (along with the mindset) that dreaded "P" word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs:
    Katie

Absolutely excellent take on this issue, one that has been stated many times. I don't know about the "guarantee you will fit in" part -- the world isn't exactly the same for a CD as it is for a post-op TS, which isn't to say the TS doesn't have her own battles -- but yeah, presentation and attitude are key in getting people to interact with you appropriately. And, hopefully, actually accepting you for who and what you are.

Today's letter is P.... I love Sesame street... Personally I think "P" is over rated.. If you are what you are then who cares what anyone else thinks...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well in less than two weeks I am going for major FFS surgery to change my face. I really do look quite good today but there are people that can tell and after FFS that is likely to be nobody.

What I will say is that I have been the average girl for a good while now. I fit into society quite well and I live a normal life. Even though some people can tell the fact is that I have the correct presentation and with that I fit in.

You might be surprised to know that I personally know some CDs that REALLY do fit in well. Some fit in better than a lot of TS girls. I guarantee its not because of looks as much as the attitude, confidence, and the way they carry themselves.

Katie

Petulent?
    Purple?
    Petuna?
    Pioneer?
    Piano?

Don't know which 'P' word you mean.

The TG forums are further down the main page. This is a crossdressers forum

All the Best,

Ann / No-op CD not TG

Sorry. I know I did not use the word and I refuse to use it no matter what. Perhaps someone will tell ya.

TG is not confirming to norms, and disregard what other think we should do. We do what we do.

If an entire TG community can be "taught" to avoid using a particular word, I really don't know what to say.

By the way, I agree there are truth in what you said in your post. It is just that why care about using one word or the other. After all, presentation is a "P" word too, isn't it?

Just too funny..... Someone hold her down till she says the word!! Say it!! Say it! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Kate DON"T read this post

Quote Originally Posted by skirtsuit View Post
    Petulent?
    Purple?
    Petuna?
    Pioneer?
    Piano?

Don't know which 'P' word you mean.

The TG forums are further down the main page. This is a crossdressers forum

All the Best,

Ann / No-op CD not TG
    The "p" word in question is "pass"

kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

And todays other words are 'thread closed'... please don't post threads like these that will cause a flame war kthx!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn