Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers and Science Fiction

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    I both read and write sci-fi--but since I've only ever published under my male name, and since I'm not yet ready to link that name with Dianna, I'm afraid I shall withhold the details, for now. But trust me, I'm pretty a good writer.

My sci-fi is Christian-based but not necessarily Christian-themed, and I hope to one day start publishing stories under Dianna's name as well. We'll see. I've started a blog penned by Dianna (see my siggy below), so hopefully I can expand on and add to that.

But yes, I grew up on science fiction and still love it to this day. All kinds. Sometimes drives my wife a little nuts, but then she must be a little nuts anyway to have married me.

Any other writers out there? PM or Friend me and we can talk clothes AND writing!
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Raise your hands who here would have stayed as Dr Lester?:??
    Oh, you know it, girl! I actually fantasized about it when I first saw that episode.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaRose View Post
    I both read and write sci-fi--but since I've only ever published under my male name, and since I'm not yet ready to link that name with Dianna, I'm afraid I shall withhold the details, for now. But trust me, I'm pretty a good writer.
    OMG! You aren't H.G Wells are you!?!?!~
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Emily01 View Post
    i'm an avid sci-fi fan too and i wish this theme were explored further and more often than it is. i suppose it would take one of us to have the passion to do that though.

it's an awfully common thing in sci-fi but it almost always lacks the wonder and contrast that i would experience. big sigh!!
    Emily, surely there are other writers besides myself here in the family...I, for one, have always loved the "switching sex" theme (naturally!), and have always wanted to pen a story around it, ever since I was a teen. Perhaps, now that Dianna is coming into her own as a person (slowly, admittedly), I can find some time and inspiration to write up a story or two under her name!

-Dianna

OMG! You aren't H.G Wells are you!?!?!~
    If I am, I'm unaware of it. Though, come to think of it, Wells *is* one of my favorite influences, and I love everything I've ever read of his. Perhaps there *is* something to this reincarnation thing!
    -Dianna

. . . Raise your hands who here would have stayed as Dr Lester?:??
    Umm . . . are you forgetting that she was dying of something or other. Capt Kirk would have enjoyed the instant gender change for only a very brief time . . .

Hi All i am too a si fi girl just love it star trek, (all of them) well most off them

hugs to all............

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    Sci-Fi fan here also!

Grew up watching Star Trek (all generations) and Starwars.

I am a big fan of all the Stargate series to include the movie. Now watching SG-U. I loved watching Battlestar Galactica.

I will usually watch most Sci-Fi movies! I'm very interested in how the new V series will turn out compared to the original campy early 80's tv series. Bottom line, anything Sci-Fi, I'll usually want to watch it!

Not only do I love Sci-Fi, but am deeply interested in the "space" documentaries shown on the Science, Discovery, and National Geographic channels.

You can call me a Cross Dressing Sci-Fi Geek!!!
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    Another Sci-Fi fan here!

In terms of TV - Star Trek (all*), Stargate SG1/Atlantis, Dollhouse, Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Sarah Connor Chronicles and have just discovered Battlestar Galactica (a little late I know...).

*Though I have only seen the Original crew in the films. I do now have the series on DVD though.

In terms of books, I absolutely love Day of the Triffids (Wyndham), Clockwork Orange (Burgess), War of the Worlds/Time Machine (Wells), I Am Legend (Matheson) and (Fantasy) The Hobbit (Tolkein).

I am looking to read at some point The Chysalids (Wynham), Islan of Dr Moreau (Wells) and 1984 (Orwell)and from there Tolkeins Lord of the Rings.

Sci-Fi is the perfect way to escape for a little while and explores many themes in the process.
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

i love the what if and why not of sci fi, discovery ,nova ,star trek just about all of it cant wait for the 2012 movie

Another sci fi fan here, and I also read a lot of fantasy. I especially like multi volume epics, the thicker the books the better.

Another fan here

I have loved scifi since I first found out it existed when I was in 4th or 5th grade. Also I am now a retired chemist so I fit the tech vocation too. Hugs, Kathy

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Yep another sci-fi here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiFL
    So who else likes sci-fi out there, Let us all know.................
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, I read science fiction, but not so much the past few months, ever since I got active on this site. I’m not a great lover of fiction, but I like a decent space story. Since the U.S. and other nations are trying their utmost to grow tomatoes in space (thanks to Carl Sagan for that line ), I’ll be stuck with fictitious descriptions of EXPLORATION…

I’ve read many of Arthur C. Clarke’s novels, and several by Jack McDevitt, plus a few others here and there. I like descriptions over character development, a sense of wonder vs. space opera. I also like imaginative takes on aliens and “first contact,” but these are hard to come by. I’d write one myself, but I’m a visual artist, not a writer. How many have seen the paintings of Chesley Bonestell? Now, that’s an active imagination! I think Mr. Bonestell got me interested in space way back when, and I’m still fascinated by what might be out there. The book Expedition by Wayne Barlowe (along with the TV version Alien Planet) is close to what tickles my fancy. I tend to avoid Earth-based science fiction, but I may get into it at a later date -- deep space is my "thing." [/SIZE]

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Yup. A serious sci-fi geek here (less emphasis on the serious part, but a heapin' helping of geek!). I used to go to conventions in the 70's, have first editions of every Star Trek book - some even signed, have the original Enterprise blueprints, tech manual, etc.

I cut my teeth on authors such as Asimov, Bradbury and Clarke, and moved on to Heinlein, and many others. I prefer "hard" sci-fi to fantasy. For instance, C.J. Cherryh is a favorite, but the only books of hers I've read are the Cyteen series and the station-type books.

Anyway, here's a couple of obscure books with sex-change themes;

Hopscotch - where people have the ability to move their consciousness back and forth between bodies. There are some great scenes where a girl is now in her friend's male body while he is in hers and she lets him know just how and where girls are different.

The Identity Matrix - Another Jack Chalker book where changing sexes is a prevalent theme. A man is trapped in various bodies - most of them female, it seems.

The Procrustean Petard - a short story from the Star Trek Log series based on the animated series - the Enterprise is trapped on a planet where everyone is beamed down and their sex is changed genetically. To escape, one pair of the crew who were already engaged volunteer to stay swapped. What a sacrifice, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Umm . . . are you forgetting that she was dying of something or other. Capt Kirk would have enjoyed the instant gender change for only a very brief time . . .
    Dang Kim, why must this be so hard? Can't we get a break? and why haven't those cute little uniforms caught on in the US military yet?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Sci-fi / outer space is my favorite movie and television. Unfortunately I don't have the time or attention span to read a book. Rod Serling is my favorite followed by a close second Gene Roddenberry's original Star Trek. My favorite miniseries from the Sci-fi channel is The Lost Room. I also liked the original V, Interested in how the new series will turn out.

Well of Souls

[SIZE="3"]with respect to the notes about the Well of Souls series by Chalker.....in the last book Nathan Brazil lives his new life on earth as a female while his last female consort is the male.

i recall reading those pages and being so disappointed in Chalker because he did so darn little with that!

as for going to the Well World and passing through it's important to remember you can't pick which species you will be only it wouldn't be the one you arrived as.....so one could easily end up a female arachnid ~ YUK!! lol[/SIZE]

I found the Heinlein book to be rather mysoginist in it's treatment of the subject. I didn't mind that, since I enjoy his brand of misogyny as being informed by the 40s and 50s of his generation and not truly as being against women.

He just has a very specific view of love/sex that we are still not ready for. I didn't really get it on the first read through. Then I read Stranger in a Strange Land, and all his other writing suddenly made sense.

Tia

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Hopscotch - where people have the ability to move their consciousness back and forth between bodies. There are some great scenes where a girl is now in her friend's male body while he is in hers and she lets him know just how and where girls are different.
    Kevin J. Anderson?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

" What do you mean Science Fiction "
    It is all real to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    But this was Star Trek. Had Kirk been stuck in her body, Bones would have found a cure.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

"Shambleau and Others".

Was a collection of shorts sci-fi stories I read when I was young. Don't remember the author. There was one VERY GRAFFIC story of a man suddenly changed into a fat, older woman! I've obviously never forgotten it!

Quote Originally Posted by abigailf View Post
    Does anyone remember the move Switch? It came out in the 90’s by Blake Edwards. A man who womanized blondes was murdered and god sent him back to earth as a blonde woman.
    Was that Ellen Barkin? I remember she did a GREAT ACTING JOB! And I saw it BEFORE I started dressing!

Always been a big sci-fi fan! Saw 2001 in theaters MANY times! Including a couple at the Hollywood Cinerama dome!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by abigailf View Post
    But this was Star Trek. Had Kirk been stuck in her body, Bones would have found a cure.
    Oh yeah!

"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a...oh! I'm a doctor, hand me that transistor radio thingy and some one make an electronic sound while I wave this salt shaker over Jim. There good as new AND I made you a virgin again! Oh oh I left his learing libido intact! Step Back JIM! I'm your doctor dammit!!! Go talk to Sulu."

I know...time out Lori.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

I love Sci-Fi but I'm very picky about authors.

Asimov is one of the most popular but I don't really like it. I've read him and enjoyed some of his works but I usually stay away from him.
    I love Arthur Clarke, it's kind of heavy as a writer but their stories make a lot of sense for being Sci-Fi. It's one of the most scientifically accurate Sci-Fi authors.
    Curiously, I like Farmer a LOT. I've read the River World saga many times in English and in Spanish. And, scientifically, it makes no sense at all.
    Almost all authors have their own "theory of the Universe". Farmer with the River World, Clarke have many like Rama and 2001/10/30 (I didn't like the last one), Asimov has one whose name eludes me.
    It's like watching many different religions.

Other's that I like a lot are Bradbury, although I like more his not Sci-Fi works like The country of October, and Verne, I read almost all his works before I got 15.

Are you saying that there's a link between CDing and Sci-Fi?

It could be a link Sci-Fi --> Nerd --> Basement --> Closet --> CD

Or because in the future everyone dress exactly the same, those full body things, all same color. We're just trying to accelerate the process by eliminating the use of half of the current diverse clothing universe. Maybe less than that, the female "half" is more diverse than the male "half". So, we're not doing it the right way...