Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do women regard us as creepy?

Why do women regard us as creepy?

I know I am generalizing big time, but, honestly, it seems that most women have more discomfort with men wearing their 'unmentionables' (as they were once termed) than many other sorts of abberations,if I may use that term.
    This isn't meant as a huge put down,though I know it sounds very negative, but I am wondering if the 'creepy factor' is what is subconsciously viewed by women. I have seen talk shows when it seems that a guy could be there with two women-both pregnant by him-that is not so great, but sort of viewed as OK-ie he is straight, if careless.
    Have a transgendered or just plain crossdresser and it seems the reaction is more negative, not sympathetic.almost mockery.
    I don't mean this as a huge self put down, as I have been a crossdresser for over 50 years. now more transgendered feeling and no sexual eroticism left at 62, but just something I have struggled to comprehend forever.thoughts?

I think the negative image in the subconscious goes something like this.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I think it's because gentiec females are hard wired to see men as sweating,grunting,slobish and shirtless pig's. not beutiful careing human being's. Im out of date with women,thank goodness im married to an older oldfashioned woman that like's my careing sensitive side,even if she dont understand it.

it goes back to how they were raised,you are a girl you wear frilly pretty thing's and they are men and smell and dont wear shirts and belch and fart like common yard ape's at least thats what i belive. they like us are told we have to conform and most people buy into that sort of thing. after all man invented cloths and hence created the huge "gender barrier of clothing" to further separte them self's from women.
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
    I think it's because gentiec females are hard wired to see men as sweating,grunting,slobish and shirtless pig's. not beutiful careing human being's. Im out of date with women,thank goodness im married to an older oldfashioned woman that like's my careing sensitive side,even if she dont understand it.

it goes back to how they were raised,you are a girl you wear frilly pretty thing's and they are men and smell and dont wear shirts and belch and fart like common yard ape's at least thats what i belive. they like us are told we have to conform and most people buy into that sort of thing. after all man invented cloths and hence created the huge "gender barrier of clothing" to further separte them self's from women.
    Hmmmm, I am not a GG, and I believe that I must be "hard wired" in much the same way. Nothing does it for me like a big strong masculine man. Shirtless works too! Not all masculine guys are sweaty,grunting,slobish pigs, and it doesn't take frilly panties and such for them to be sensitive and caring yet totally manly. To be perfectly honest I feel a lot safer with my big strong masculine guy than I would with one who complains about not being able to wear a dress in pubic, wants to wear my clothes , or shouts his protests from the inside of a closet. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against cross dressing, but it does absolutely nothing for me. it strikes me as funny how the cd's in here complain more about men than the gg's and according you all, 85% are straight. WTF?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Wow, generalize much?

Seriously, I haven't really met a woman yet that would classify me as creepy (or greepy ). And yes, I certainly do wear "their" unmentionables. It's kind of hard not to when a woman is measuring and fitting you for a bra, after all.

I have to go back to paraphrase my idol, "Creepy is as creepy does."

Kathi

It's just that to a lot of people and especially most heterosexual women, seeing a man don female skivvies or additional feminine stuff puts him in the light of "diminished capacity" as a man and they question how he is a good provider for his family or would be for a potential mate. Also, what would be more important to him when the going gets tough?

I find most women get a kick out of it when your wearing thier panties. They'll even tell others in fun ( not ridicule). Wear the outer clothes and the attitude changes and they think your weird.

Sometimes........ I even think its creepy...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Nope, I haven't had this conversation...

None of the women I talk to (keep in mind I'm out at work) think that what I do is creepy. Do you have any specific examples, or are you just imagining what they would say? Are you watching Jerry Springer and thinking that all people are like the people on that show?

We are our own worst enemy some times.

Most of the gals at work like the way Tracy looks. Some have asked me for advice. Honest!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I can't begin to explain it, but, in my case, she knows I always under dress and wear ladies shirts, trousers, and "sensible" shoes, and that's OK. However, change the trousers for a skirt and it's "over the line" .

I guess it's a kind of invading their space thing. Undies are OK because they're not seen and it's sorta kinky, but anything more and now I'm considered to be mocking them.

I don't get it either, but I still do what I can as much as I can.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I don't wear unmentionables unless I am dressing and not really into women so I am not sure they find me creepy or not as long as the shirtless hunk find me atractive for any reason I am fine

I think like everything else,you really can't put everyone in the same category. Some of us maybe are creepy,or come across as such ,just as the general population. Some GG's will think Cd-ing is cool,and some for moral,religious reasons etc. will think it's disgusting. In the end you have to please,and be happy with yourself. Everything else is gravy.

Impressions

We are talking about impressions that people have of us. I have noticed a few gg's that show that they're not impressed, but I have met a lot more that are kind,helpful and understanding but maybe they're trying to sell me something.
    Jeanna

I have yet to meet a GG that had told me outright that my dressing is creepy or that I have a problem. Now what is said or thought of behind my back may be something else.

I have met many GG's that are VERY supportive of us and are members of TG/CD/TS support groups. Not all of them are SO's of CDer's, they just think that we have rights and accept us as one of the girls.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

For the most part I don't see crossdressers as creepy at all ...but...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
    sweating,grunting,slobish and shirtless pig's.
    that guy, lurking in the lingerie section and pawing the unmentionables... yeah, he's creepy. It's an appearance thing.

Appearances, yes. If you're a hairy ape in a bad dress, and act like a slob, yes, you are creepy. If you are refined, you are more accepted.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    We are our own worst enemy some times.

Most of the gals at work like the way Tracy looks. Some have asked me for advice. Honest!

-Tracy
    Ditto to what Tracy said. I have yet to encounter a GG that voiced that they thought I was creepy. Yes, its possible they may have thought it... but the general vibe from my section of the woods is acceptance.

So many stereotypes out there makin it hard for the rest of us.

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Well as a gg of a cding husband I do not see men as grunting, sweating, farting, shirtless pigs. I see the man I married as very sexy in his jeans, shirt and work boots. I also like spending time with him when he is "dressed". To me he is the same person either way. It's what's inside that counts. I don't see him as diminished capacity of being the man I married. If you are a creep then you will be seen as creepy. IMHO.

i guess that's my problem "the neck of the wood's" where i live is just that wood's and farm land. if it's not natural it's evil incarnet. I ment nothing personal with my comment's earlier,that was actully a responce i got one time just 1 from a girl
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

i have found the opposite...most gg seem to be intrigued and interested...almost in a fun way. All said, if you she is your significant other, then all of sudden it seems to become creepy!

now that is a weird double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanie View Post
    i have found the opposite...most gg seem to be intrigued and interested...almost in a fun way. All said, if you she is your significant other, then all of sudden it seems to become creepy!

now that is a weird double standard.
    I think what she meant is that some gg's don't have an issue with someone crossdressing as long as it isn't their SO. I don't see a double standard there... just personal preference. I find most of the gg's I have met nice, but i wouldn't want to marry one. I said the same thing above. I don't see anything at all wrong with being a crossdresser, it's just not my preference in an SO. Clear things up for ya?
    Last edited by kellycan27; 11-05-2009 at 12:56 AM.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Good question. I used to get upset when I would ask the saleslady at a lingerie store if they sold mastectomy pads, or 3/4 underwired bras in size 42 C and the little old sales person would get all nervous. Some wouldn't know what to do they would become so ditty. I've learned to avoid people like that at all costs which is why I buy my underthings, and wigs and shoes, through catalogs. Most of the other stuff I get at thrift shops.
    I don't know why it makes them so nutty. I've thought about it and have come to the conclusion that the world is mostly made up of small minded people and let it go at that.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Personally I have found that some woman have a problem with CD because they keep hearing "I feel like a womam" from from us.
    They maintain that we can't possible feel like a woman and we can only feel like a man pretending to be a womam. There is probably some degrees of truth to this unlees one is a true M to F transexual.

Anyway some woman begin to feel we are making a mockery of being female.

One must realize that as there are males who don't like CDs,TG persons etc, there are also females who don't like us either.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 11-05-2009 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    Personally I have found that some woman have a problem with CD because they keep hearing "I feel like a womam" from from us.
    They maintain that we can't possible feel like a woman and we can only feel like a man pretending to be a womam. There is probably some degrees of truth to this unlees one is a true M to F transexual.

Anyway some woman begin to feel we are making a mockery of being female.

One must realize that as there are males who don't like CDs,TG persons etc, there are also females who don't like us either.
    That might be true or the gg's who read the boards, but they pretty much seem to be in favor. I think we're talking gg's in general. ???
    I could be wrong.

Personally i have found it the opposite way around , GGs accept me far more than Gms do , infant when everyone found out it was only GGs that would acknowledge me whereas GMs would turn their back on me so i have a very big respect for GGs (even the ones that are hard to get on with ) that was just a joke (or was it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne