Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do women regard us as creepy?

Wow, talk about getting on the bus after the gate is shut (or how ever that saying goes), stay away for a bit and you fall way behind. Anyway, I've had a few "professionals" rationalize that GG's see us as no threat to their world (more so for gay men), but CD's, at least in my case, find that most women see me more as a curiosity than any kind of "creepy" person. and if I get to know them long enough prove my innocence, and that I'm harmless to their world. When I'm out socializing I usually find myself surrounded by more Gay and Lesbian people than straight, so I just enjoy

p.s. I buy and wear my own "unmentionables"

I wonder if Nature has any effect? The need to reproduce the human race and competition for a mate. Could be they see us as competition...lol.

I bought two pairs of high heels this Halloween and the sales associates seemed to enjoy helping me. They really liked seeing me walk around in them.
    I don't think they thought I was creepy. They asked me to come back completely dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kelliboots View Post
    I wonder if Nature has any effect? The need to reproduce the human race and competition for a mate. Could be they see us as competition...lol.
    No, that's not it. Most GGs I know don't regard gay guys as creepy, in fact most of them love their gay friends.

Why Creepy??????

Well lets take a long hard look at some things considered normal or OK in the CD universe shall we?

Cross dressing in general -
    If you want to wear a dress n heels fine go right ahead, but either do it proudly with your beard [as a man in a dress] or do everything and try to look and act like a real girl.
    But for frack sakes, don't plaster 10lbs of makeup on top of a 10 o'clock shadow and have a hairy body with 44DDD's covered with a tube top and equally hairy legs barely covered by a micromini skirt that looks more like a belt and then try to tell me, or anyone else your a lady.

You want to dress and act like Brittney Spears fine - but if your not 22 or just don't have the body for it then Please keep it to yourself and at home.

Breasts -
    What is with all the talk about getting breasts???
    Come on - Really?? What the f*ck are you thinking?
    Unless you are a full-time cd'er or a ts you don't need breasts.

And what are you going to do when you get them??
    Ask questions like - can I hide 45 DD's under a sweat shirt while at work??
    Or maybe ask the transguys how to bind them during the week

I may want breasts, [because I'm a TS that's why]
    but not because I think they would be cool to have or fun to play with.

Relationships -
    There seems to be an overload of whiney its all about me me me posts lately.

Here I am pretty much avoiding a relationship right now because I don't want to heap all this transitioning crap I'm going through onto some poor unsuspecting person yet all I see are posts about how you are the victim all the time.
    Never do you hear someone say YES it is all my fault, I take full responsibility and I am sorry for putting my wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever through all of this. And I learned my lesson and will not do it again. Nope, just all back to me me me, with a new SO and how do I tell them its been XX months now.

Shopping -
    Either say proudly - YES this is for me, or use the present for a SO or whatever other excuse you may or may not need to get you through the day.
    But don't spend an hour in a store pawing through thongs with a look of - I left my overcoat in my double parked blacked out windowless van outside.
    Oh - and the "I get stares while in the woman's section - BS!, and I will tell you why, next time your in the mens section take a look at how many stares women get from other men for being there. They don't just stroll in without no one caring, you just don't notice it, or even think your doing it when you give a woman a look while waiting for her to get out of your way to shop. Think about it.

Dressing -
    In short - dress your age - or just go sooooo over the top you cant help but to be looked at, at then be proud of it, don't try and do both, or again weight 285lbs while trying to pull off a Brittney schoolgirl look and NOT expect to get looked at.

Clothes -
    Figure out your size - 2 sizes 2 small is never a good look, and for fracks sake buy your own clothes - nothing says creepy x100 to a girl then to have her walk into a room and seeing you wearing her clothes.
    Never come between a girl and her wardrobe, never, lol.
    That is like borrowing your friends snap-on tools without asking.

Most women I see have little to no problem with CD'ers, if its done well or at least with a genuine effort.

Was this helpful hints or just a late night rant? That is for you to decide,

[SIZE="1"]Disclaimer: I am not saying what I wrote pertains to every CD'er, these are just my observations from this site and my thoughts regarding them. Some may pertain to you, some may not.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Sammy777; 11-09-2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: grammer
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    What Samantha said!!!!
    Living the life I choose!

Eh, probably just afraid we're gonna raid their wardrobes!!

I'm sure not so long ago i stumbled on a you tube video and this girl said that crossdressers are creepy...till this one made me feel a lot better....ok i don't agree or condone with everything she says but she is accepting and definetely doesn't appear creeped out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5leE9B_Hzkk

This could have something to do with it

This could be the proof as to why -

Ya - WoW - Talk about someone getting ready to feed Peaches and tell the girl in the basement to put the lotion on the skin.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 11-10-2009 at 11:41 PM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by kelliboots View Post
    I feel many do. I'm not, but don't mind if a guy whistles.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    This could be the proof as to why -

Ya - WoW - Talk about someone getting ready to feed Peaches and tell the girl in the basement to put the lotion on the skin.
    Yep.... serious creepy factor there.

and your first post... spot on!

*hugs*
    Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    Well lets take a long hard look at some things considered normal or OK in the CD universe shall we?

Cross dressing in general -
    If you want to wear a dress n heels fine go right ahead, but either do it proudly with your beard [as a man in a dress] or do everything and try to look and act like a real girl.
    But for frack sakes, don't plaster 10lbs of makeup on top of a 10 o'clock shadow and have a hairy body with 44DDD's covered with a tube top and equally hairy legs barely covered by a micromini skirt that looks more like a belt and then try to tell me, or anyone else your a lady.

You want to dress and act like Brittney Spears fine - but if your not 22 or just don't have the body for it then Please keep it to yourself and at home.

Breasts -
    What is with all the talk about getting breasts???
    Come on - Really?? What the f*ck are you thinking?
    Unless you are a full-time cd'er or a ts you don't need breasts.

And what are you going to do when you get them??
    Ask questions like - can I hide 45 DD's under a sweat shirt while at work??
    Or maybe ask the transguys how to bind them during the week

I may want breasts, [because I'm a TS that's why]
    but not because I think they would be cool to have or fun to play with.

Relationships -
    There seems to be an overload of whiney its all about me me me posts lately.

Here I am pretty much avoiding a relationship right now because I don't want to heap all this transitioning crap I'm going through onto some poor unsuspecting person yet all I see are posts about how you are the victim all the time.
    Never do you hear someone say YES it is all my fault, I take full responsibility and I am sorry for putting my wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever through all of this. And I learned my lesson and will not do it again. Nope, just all back to me me me, with a new SO and how do I tell them its been XX months now.

Shopping -
    Either say proudly - YES this is for me, or use the present for a SO or whatever other excuse you may or may not need to get you through the day.
    But don't spend an hour in a store pawing through thongs with a look of - I left my overcoat in my double parked blacked out windowless van outside.
    Oh - and the "I get stares while in the woman's section - BS!, and I will tell you why, next time your in the mens section take a look at how many stares women get from other men for being there. They don't just stroll in without no one caring, you just don't notice it, or even think your doing it when you give a woman a look while waiting for her to get out of your way to shop. Think about it.

Dressing -
    In short - dress your age - or just go sooooo over the top you cant help but to be looked at, at then be proud of it, don't try and do both, or again weight 285lbs while trying to pull off a Brittney schoolgirl look and NOT expect to get looked at.

Clothes -
    Figure out your size - 2 sizes 2 small is never a good look, and for fracks sake buy your own clothes - nothing says creepy x100 to a girl then to have her walk into a room and seeing you wearing her clothes.
    Never come between a girl and her wardrobe, never, lol.
    That is like borrowing your friends snap-on tools without asking.

Most women I see have little to no problem with CD'ers, if its done well or at least with a genuine effort.

Was this helpful hints or just a late night rant? That is for you to decide,

[SIZE="1"]Disclaimer: I am not saying what I wrote pertains to every CD'er, these are just my observations from this site and my thoughts regarding them. Some may pertain to you, some may not.[/SIZE]
    Excellent!!

Rant or no rant, it's all true..

And finally at the very least an very honest post saying it as it is, which I also just so happen to agree with..

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Yay Samantha! and that does not just pertain to TG's, take responsibility for your actions. You break something don't say it was built badly. You get a speeding ticket don't say everyone else was doing it. In my thread I am trying to get Tg's in general to stand up. say "look at me!" It is like history does indeed repeat itself but with a new minority. Things tend to grow and thrive when brought into the light. Things wither and die in the dark. This illogical feeling that one cannot wear a beard and a dress is just that illogical
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

This subject is kinda hard to see from our point of view, but really, I do believe that most, not all Females grow up with their Ideal Man in mind. It does not include a Man that wears Female clothing, and when girls are young they are in the "ewwww that is creepy" sence. I am not saying all girls go through this growing up, but I do believe that most do. I heard my GGfriend the other day talking to a Lady she worked with and is good friends with, I heard her friend on the phone say, "Is he OK, he's not wierd or anything is he?" Of course she said "no" (she does know but has never seen me dressed) I believe the problem is a peer pressure thing really. I mean us as guys have talked with other guys saying "what kind of girl do you like?" Well, the girls do the samething and then they get into "some guys are so wierd, yea they wear womens clothes and all kinds of crap." and of course no woman really wants a man that beats her or runs her into the ground as a tramp. But the Guys beating their wives or girlfriends is not as bad as the wierdo that wears womens clothes.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know there are a lot of Ladies out there that know about and work around guys that wear womens clothes, but ask one of them if they would ever marry one, and if she says "yes" then ask her to say it in front of her Peers. She won't do it. She would no longer be Jane, but rather the wierd girl that wants her guys dressed like women. It is a very strange thing, and Males do have it ruffer than Females when it comes to crossdressing. Recently there was a vote around here about discrimination of crossdressers. One politician said "I don't want to see Tom come in one day in a dress and the next day in a mans suite, it would be to disruptive in a job enviroment." Yet, Females can do this any day all the time and no one says anything. I someday hope that it will change and will not be this way, but I do not see it happening in my lifetime.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Great thread going here!
    I wear women's clothing every day, even to work. (self employed).
    In the summer, always short shorts with ladies sneakers and usually a toned-down shirt.
    My negative experiences recently have been with a two female cashiers at a local convenience store on my everyday morning stops for coffee. One in particular makes it very clear that she stares at my clothing, shoes and legs. No comments were made but rather her attitude is clearly visible and rather snotty. Believe me, all of us can pick up those kind of vibes.
    Several times, especially if I go a bit overboard with the clothes.... she will clearly address me with a loud SIR!
    I do believe that some women think that we are "strange" for not wearing the appropriate clothing. I dress this way normally and I don't show signs of nervousness for them to pick up on. I'm rather casual about it.
    I recently received an anonymous note in the mail at my office. Inside was a magazine article clipping regarding men who wear short-shorts and tights! There was handwriting on the clipping asking me to ignore the text of the clipping, and, that (we) love your legs.
    Along with this was another note stating that "we've been watchin' you"....signed, "the girlz in your hood" followed by 3 hearts!
    Now if there was something creepy, that would be it!
    Last edited by MsJoann; 11-12-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Yes Amy, women come dresses either fem or masculine all of the time. You can see this everywhere, but it is really important to understand that male crossdressing is not the same. The reason it is different is that when Jane puts on male clothing and comes into the office, she is not pretending to be male. That is the big difference! You can still tell that she is female. That is the main reason that I believe my form of crossdressing which includes simply incorporating female clothing and items into my otherwise male appearance is more acceptable to society. I am not attempting to make anyone believe that I am female. I am simply incorporating fem items into my look just as many women incorporate male clothing items into their look. Does this make sense?

Jamie

Amy stated:

It is a very strange thing, and Males do have it ruffer than Females when it comes to crossdressing. Recently there was a vote around here about discrimination of crossdressers. One politician said "I don't want to see Tom come in one day in a dress and the next day in a mans suite, it would be to disruptive in a job enviroment." Yet, Females can do this any day all the time and no one says anything. I someday hope that it will change and will not be this way, but I do not see it happening in my lifetime.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Poo!

[SIZE="2"]Appearances can be deceiving. If you feel “safe” with your big, strong, masculine guy, that’s OK, but keep in mind that he (like most males) is bluffing his way through life on perceived strength. I speak from experience – I’ve been among these supposedly “strong” males my whole life, and they are as insecure as the rest of us. I wish you well… [/SIZE]

I am not sure what your interaction with these "supposedly" strong men has been, but let me tell you this. I am not some fuzzy, frilly, obedient little girl who gets weak in the knees because some guy shows interest. I have definite ideas of what I am looking for in a guy, and he better be able to tow the line. He needs to be able to handle himself if he ever has hopes of handling me. I am not talking just physical strength, I am talking strength of character, self confidence, honesty,compassion,caring and kindness.
    Insecure as the rest of us? Not me! I m very secure in myself and with what I am. A guy may try and bluff, but if he doesn't have the traits that I have mentioned he'll soon out himself,just by virtue of trying to keep up with me, and my beliefs. No need for you to wish me luck.. I make my own.

Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Jamie,
    I understand what you are saying, but who is to say that Jane is not trying to be a man that day. See, we never know and we never will know how that Female feels when she dresses like a Male, I mean she could go back and forth and no one would say anything either. Who's to say the guy that comes in in a dress is trying to be female that day, maybe he just wants to do it.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

come back

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Green View Post
    I bought two pairs of high heels this Halloween and the sales associates seemed to enjoy helping me. They really liked seeing me walk around in them.
    I don't think they thought I was creepy. They asked me to come back completely dressed.
    I bought a pair of shoes this halloween and the sales girls said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post
    What Samantha said!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    Yep.... serious creepy factor there.
    and your first post... spot on!
    *hugs* Zarabeth
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    Excellent!!
    Rant or no rant, it's all true..

And finally at the very least an very honest post saying it as it is, which I also just so happen to agree with..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Yay Samantha!
    and that does not just pertain to TG's, take responsibility for your actions. You break something don't say it was built badly. You get a speeding ticket don't say everyone else was doing it. In my thread I am trying to get Tg's in general to stand up. say "look at me!" It is like history does indeed repeat itself but with a new minority. Things tend to grow and thrive when brought into the light. Things wither and die in the dark. This illogical feeling that one cannot wear a beard and a dress is just that illogical
    Thank you all for your kind words and support