Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling older CD's

Calling older CD's

Dear mature CD's - I think we are very lucky - what do you think?

I have been dressing since a young age - all in secret - but the last few years despite being happily married - she does not know - I have had the chance to dress quite a bit and go out as well. It seems to me even a slightly large older "Granny" who does not try and show off or make a fuss of herself can realy "Pass" very well indeed.

I will put my cards on the table - I love to pass and seem to manage it completly.

The anonaminity of being in a crowd - especialy of real women and feeling and being feeled as a completly compatable person makes me feel..... well what does it make me feel? Utterly relaxed and happy! Indeed a real woman!

Are there any other "Mature" CD's who would like to share their views and experiances?

With very much love,

Jane xx

I too have been x/dressing since 5 yrs old in secret I used to go out quite a lot when younger, those days you couldn't tell a sole or talk to anybody about it,if anybody did find out you would have been committed to hospital for treatment (electric shock ) or committed to an asylum or branded as a pervert, terrible times ,I thought I was the only one on this earth like it,

these days I just go out,head high, shoulders back, and a big smile, and I don't care what anybody thinks ,we have so little time on this earth, I'm determined to enjoy what's left

the younger generation of today have it made what with the internet its brilll if only we had it years ago

Still not to worry we can say we were the pioneers of yesteryear

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I yam what I yam,

Antique Granny

I'm 79. I dress all day every day. I come, I go as I please where I please interact with sales folk and such as I please... Do I qualify? Granny

Who you calling old, Grannie? And personally I think luck has nothing to do with it... I'd rather be good than lucky any day...

And for me..... old age has not really been all its cracked up to be... Give me a young clear complexion over an old sun damaged wrinkled face any day.... I have to apply foundation into the wrinkles with a trowel.... And don't get me started on what the forces of gravity have done!!! Its not a pretty site!!! Plain and simply... Getting old sucks... And its not for the weak or faint of heart...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

OK, I'm an older CD - no need to go into details but I'm retired and the children have left home. And yes, it's great to dress as an older woman and I think I pass pretty well. The ravages of time are probably harder on women than men so I can achieve the older female look with less effort - sorry ladies but I think it's true; and also we tend to look less masculine as we age, which helps.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Not on my watch!

No way!
    Hit me with that magic wand baby and make me 20-23.
    With all the hell that has been gone through to get CD acceptance to where it is today ( even though its not very far yet, it's still a ton better than it was 30 or 40 years ago) we missed out on a lot. You said it yourself - "all in secret". Your wife doesn't know. That is the era we grew up in and that is the thought pattern our older peers are still at.
    Kids.. (Oops! There's my age showing...) I mean young adults today have an easier time with acceptance of others thier age. Us old farts help break the ice. In todays world a young adult CD has peers that are aware of what a CD is. Hollywood has made shows with gay, lesbian and crossdressers fun to associate with. We grew up with Leave it to Beaver!
    Besides.... their clothes look funner than the old frocks we get to hide our flab and veins with!
    The looks of Taylor Swift or Phylis Diller --- hummm tough call.

Antique Granny

Karen is right on as usual. Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

Still so new

I'm really new at this...only 4 years of dressing, starting at age 55. Tina has been undergoing a crash course in femininity and has come a long way considering the limited time she has to "visit".

Of course, Tina thinks about looking and acting in a feminine manner with the "holy grail" of being confident enough that she could walk out of the house and blend in the rest of the world presenting as a woman. As she's read about the experiences of all of you here, it seemed that it would become easier and easier to "blend into the crowd" as an older person. I so admire the younger CDs who have to deal with all the testosterone around them! I'm hetero and am not interested in the attention of men, so I love this thread and can't wait to hear more about the experiences of older CDs and how they feel they blend in.

I also admire those who head out into the world knowing they will likely be read, and handle it well! Heck, I might be that way someday myself, but I so want Tina to be able to feel and act and be treated as any woman might so I'm looking forward to that confidence that will allow her to take that first trip out and about. I can't wait to be encouraged by all of you who are out there already!

hugs,
    Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    No way!
    Hit me with that magic wand baby and make me 20-23.
    With all the hell that has been gone through to get CD acceptance to where it is today ( even though its not very far yet, it's still a ton better than it was 30 or 40 years ago) we missed out on a lot. You said it yourself - "all in secret". Your wife doesn't know. That is the era we grew up in and that is the thought pattern our older peers are still at.
    Kids.. (Oops! There's my age showing...) I mean young adults today have an easier time with acceptance of others thier age. Us old farts help break the ice. In todays world a young adult CD has peers that are aware of what a CD is. Hollywood has made shows with gay, lesbian and crossdressers fun to associate with. We grew up with Leave it to Beaver!
    Besides.... their clothes look funner than the old frocks we get to hide our flab and veins with!
    The looks of Taylor Swift or Phylis Diller --- hummm tough call.
    Hey!! Stop hoggin the wand!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am an "old lady" I guess. 64 1/2 - 65 in February. Been dressing for 56

years. I wish I was just starting out in life because this website has been

an absolute Godsend to me - I only wish that I had known what I know now

about 50 years ago. I have experienced all of the typical problems - shame,

fear, hiding, lonliness, embarrassment, ignorance, binge buying, purging,

having to confront my spouse. If only I had known what I now have learned

on this website.

I know that the "urge" or "desire" to dress NEVER goes away, no matter how

much you try.

I also know that the urge gets stronger with acceptance and age.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Geez, jinx and double jinx, who you callin" an old CD? I happen to be a well preserved adventuress myself. Just kidding Hon. Sounds like you are pretty happy overall.

Fourty something

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Who you calling old, Grannie? And personally I think luck has nothing to do with it... I'd rather be good than lucky any day...

And for me..... old age has not really been all its cracked up to be... Give me a young clear complexion over an old sun damaged wrinkled face any day.... I have to apply foundation into the wrinkles with a trowel.... And don't get me started on what the forces of gravity have done!!! Its not a pretty site!!! Plain and simply... Getting old sucks... And its not for the weak or faint of heart...
    Karren as I recall reading a while back you mentioned being fourty something... well you were actually bi....ng about it. Well get over it just wait till you hit your 60's if you think you need a trowel now!

I have to say, that I was like you as I progressed over the age spectrum but with the help of some of the a lot of the more "mature" ladies here, I got over it all and discovered there is life over 50, in my case way over.

You can't be a glamor girl forever Girl but you can still be beautiful in a different way. BTW, my wife complains about the same things too so in this case it looks like it's the same for all of us.

Hugs
    Kerry

I'll take a piece of that wand too. Just keep me under 40 I'll be happy

you are so right. Being mature seems to mean a better understnading of how to dress for being out

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I started too late!

As a CD, I'm NOT even in my teens yet!

The fact that I'm over 60 is irrelevant to Sherry! She wants to look GOOD, NOT "blend in"!

Maybe when she's over 20, I'll start trying on "grannie" outfits!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I started in my mid single digit (7) years, am now in upper double digit(77) years, and would like to hit triple digit years. Old? What is that? A state of mind, and as others have said, getting there is the best alternative to anything else! I even managed to work in almost 50 years of very happy marriage right along with my CD activities. Because my late wife was totally supportive!!

Granny, seems as though you and I are the Seniors here!! I curtsey to your 2 years on me!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Hi I have been crossdressing since I was 11 years old and now in my early 50s. I had no support all those years and spent a lot of time dealing with shame and low self esteem. finding this web site if only a few days ago is a big help to me in showing me I am not the only one going through this, and reading the posts has given me some ideas to try. I wish this forum was available years ago but it wasn't so I will go on from here knowing that I have many sisters to learn from and to share my expieriences with.
    Cathy

Smile age

Hi ,

Well after reading some of the comments , And looking at eveything being said .I also have been trying to look back in time ,and yes something is also happing on my inside, in the ways being the real me .As my desire to dress as ready come back in big way , And finding out just like alot of girls what we have missed, But now I do have also dress my age [66].But it is nice to have found this site.With all the Lovely Gals who feel as I feel

Trisha

Looks like a good place to advertise my fantastic new product. "Jenny's Age Defying Cream" In just three days you will look like you are in your 20's and it's guaranteed.

Just send me two hundred bucks to my untraceable post office box and as soon as I get a chance I'll send it to you.

What, no takers? ....bunch of skeptics!!!!
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

I made it to eighty two this month and as Karren said getting old sucks. Unfortunately it is going to happen whether we like it or not.

Vieja

I started "dressing" at about age 8. I am now 71. I think that there are advantages for being both younger and older. I think that as a young boy I probably could have looked more like a girl if I had known what I was doing. As an "older woman" I find it easier to "blend in" as most people do not look as closely at an older woman and many older women tend to look a little less feminine as they age (certainly not true for all, of course). Also, I am much more confident in my "presentation" now.
    Hugs, Carole

[SIZE=4]At what age was I supposed to realize that I was mature? No one has ever called me that...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have so much fun I have trouble getting to sleep at night thinking about the next day.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Hell,I'm old. I'm 53 at any rate. I'm in good company. Cher's old. Liza Minelli is old. Joan Collins is old. Petula Clark is old and so is Sandie Shaw. There's 100% nothing the matter with that. They all look as good as they did 40 years ago. I've been dressing since I was like 11 or 12. I dressed openly for about a year when I was 20 but I was forced to temporarily give it up due to circumstances which are complicated and difficult to describe. I've been dressing on and off my whole life and I joined the forum in August 2006. As I mentioned there are a lot of great ladies who are really quite old and when I say old I don't mean 35 or 40. I think that if a person lives long enough and their health holds up pretty good and they have a nice enough place to stay then that "second forty years"(life after 40-50)is even more fun than the first years were!

For me, aging has helped the process of gaining a strong sense of self, something I had very little of as a younger person. I have been able to go out and do things enfemme that I would hardly even dream of years ago. Not because I "pass" any better, but just having confidence and being really OK with who I am.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Being a "mature" gal and having dressed for nearly all of my life, all I can say is that this is who I am. In the last 5 years I've been able to express myself more than ever and have been going out more and more.
    When I was young I was confused and ashamed to feel this way. Now I have grown into my role as a woman and love being able to go through the world interacting with others and expressing myself. I would not change things in my life. I love being me and hope that others will take the time to see who I am and enjoy me in all my forms.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !