Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My fiance thinks I should not...

My fiance thinks I should not...

When I go out dressed I try to be not too obvious and catch too much attention. Its normally female tight boot leg jeans and a babydoll t-shirt or some blue jean capris. If I go out to a bar thats when I dress up in heels and a dress. Always in boy mode though I just like the clothes as some might already know. ANYWAY, I was going to go out wearing my tight blue jeans and a flannel shirt that showed a little bit of my skin. Well my fiance thought that it looked weird and would not really explain why so I was hoping I could get your opinions. Thanks everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Maybe she was thinking a flannel shirt is to keep you warm! If that is the case, why would you want to expose skin? Other than your arms that is!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

The shirt is a womens shirt or juniors shirt. Its suppose to be cute. There are even some jackies/hoodies that will expose skin.

It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like the shirt might be a little tight on you.

When you say "fiance," do you mean a male or female? What I'm getting at is, do you like men or women? Because if you mean a female fiancee, she might have an issue with you possibly being perceived as gay in public. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being gay, but some people are a bit... uncomfortable.)

Yeah she is female and that would make some sense. But it is a comfortable shirt. the buttons dont bow in between each other.

The clothing looks female, the rest of you does not...maybe that's what she meant by weird...usually one goes all the way male or all the way female, not half and half in public. It doesn't just call attention to you, but to her for being with you.
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...

But that is how I dress but that shirt just showed a little skin which is why she said that.

Every time I go to a gay club I see guys your age wearing fem styles like you're describing, even more fem than your outfit but not as gurly as a CD. Of course, they are gay so ...

This seems to be a growing trend, very cutting edge. Check out my post on my blog about ojo-boys in Japan.

That outfit looks very stereotypically gay, especially the bare tummy. Reminds me of Freddy Mercury. Sorry, I'm not trying to pick on you, just answering your question bluntly.

It's a gender F#(&. That is why it looks weird, but that is the point.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I'm not sure I understand... I guess you dress fully enfem when you go out and your SO is fine with that, but when you mix it up she is not? If that is correct, then she just likes to blend in as two females or guy and girl. She is uncomfortable being seen with someone who looks gay or doesn't blend I guess.

I agree with Anne66 and Hope, just looks like a stereotypical gay guy, or as hope put it, a gender F*&^.

Hey, whatever toots your horn sweety…

It looks as though you are dressing gay rather than as a cd. She probably doesn't want a gay bf. Try dressing and looking like a cd or go in drab. Tight jeans are ok, lose the shirt

Lightbulb

Sally,

What does it mean when you say "looks gay"? I have two friends that are gay and wear Armani Suits. Is that what you mean? Or did you mean to say "looks fem" rather than "looks gay"? It is important to remember that the majority of gay men do not crossdress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand... I guess you dress fully enfem when you go out and your SO is fine with that, but when you mix it up she is not? If that is correct, then she just likes to blend in as two females or guy and girl. She is uncomfortable being seen with someone who looks gay or doesn't blend I guess.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Just another 'Gurl'
    The jeans look okay to me, but the shirt as looks to small for you in my opinion.
    Just another man in a dress

8rys, going on walkabout
    If I was going out in drab I would trade off the shirt. Tight jeans people might not look twice at.
    Has your finance said anything about when you go all out? She may have an issue that your drab look is still quite femme. Considering the tightness and femme cut of the flannel.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I like both the shirt and the jeans. In guy mode, I probably wouldn't wear the shirt though - its a bit too girly. That said, I have gone out in an outfit much like that in guy mode. Had on purple nail polish, eyeliner, and chunky heel shoes too.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I like the hair cut but you need to shave.

Clothes look ok. I like tight fitting jeans.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

It does look "weird" only because people don't expect it, that's all. Typically men don't wear clothing as fitted and flirty as that, showing off a little skin. I'm not saying it's bad, but rather, that is why the look seems "off" to her, because she's not used to seeing the male form presented in such a way, except perhaps in gay bars. I don't like it being described as "looking gay" but the point is meant to be, gay men are usually a bit more adventurous with fashion and with showing off their body than straight guys are.

The thing is with women's shirts in male mode is that the male upper body is shaped very different than the female one usually, with broader shoulders, flatter chest, and less curvy waist. So a shirt designed to hug the curves of a female body usually doesn't look good on the male form, hence why crossdressers who are caught up on passing often wear so many shapewear type garments... and Spoiler alert! So do a lot of GG's, because clothes like this are really made to actually fit on a very small portion of the population.

I'd be interested in seeing it from the front personally to get a better look at it, but it does seem to be a little too small, or at least not flattering to your form. The jeans look fine, however.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Why does "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK... I sleep all night and I work all day...... ". Keep poping into my head???
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I love the way those jeans look on you !

Thanks Kendra and Jiveturkey that was very helpful. I will try to get a front picture soon. Kerron sutten.... not so helpful. Why does steven tyler pop in my head when I see you

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    My opinion is when you dress as a gurl, then do it right. Same goes for when you "dress" as a drab. Get rid of the skin tight jeans and too small shirt as drab attire. I agree with your SO, don't confuse the issue.

I think it would help us if we could see an outfit she approved of. Then we could compare.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Sorry, the jeans would be ok by themselves, but with the too small (young) shirt.... no. Nothing is quite working the way you want it. It comes across as a gay mix.

~Samm