Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyecontact with GGs on the street?

Eyecontact with GGs on the street?

I've noticed that 10/10 women I pass on the street look me straight in the eyes. I'm passable I think, kind of, but rather tall, especially with high heels (that I usually use). They never look at my body like the men do. At least not that I can notice.

I dont feel all comfortable with this. I feel it is hostile.

What's going on? Have you noticed this? And it is variable. Sometimes I'm not noticed much. But other times they stare right into my eyes. It's typical 2-3m before we pass. 10 out of 10 that notice me. Maybe 3 of 10 total of those I walk past.

This is only on the street. Today I zoomed around in the city looking at dresses and trying shoes. And always in stores they smile from ear to ear. So that is totally different.

Obviously I do this to, since I notice. But have no idea as to why?

Is it the clicking of my heels?

I find it most peculiar, guys never do this. One today took position slightly behind me, while I was standing still for a while. So he can enjoy his view I guess. My tunika was rather short today I did not mind, he was rather cute as well

Please enlighten me. Am I being frightend for nothing?

It's OK, just smile at them.

Enfemme or not I make eye contact with everyone I pass and smile and usually say hi.. Its just what women do.. And guys don't.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hey Sister,
    I've noticed the same thing. I've even had women in full hijab staring at me so that all you can see is their eyes following you as they pass.

I'm also not sure what to make of it, except I usually stare back and smile.

A GG told me recently that women dress to impress other women, not to attract men, so maybe the face is the last thing they check out as they pass?

I think mainly the women stare because they're not sure what to make of me. I dress well and look pretty good from a distance, but maybe as we get closer, they can see the guy in my face and they get confused?

I've had the same sort of experiences with women (customers too) being really nice in the shops. Once had a fellow customer at a Sephora store showing me around and pointing out her favorites....

All the Best,

Ann / SS

PS this would be a great time for any GGs out there to enlighten use!

though i have never expirinced this dressed i have woman watched a lot in my day being out. watching there movement's and guester's at one another. and from what i have seen a good 60% of woman do the "stare and walk" im not sure why there doing or what there analizing but it is normal female behavior
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    When I'm out walking (in drab, but every day, weather permitting, for the *heart* of it!), yes, women make eye contact. Women are readers...they see through the eyes of a person into their soul. Men are either evaluating a mate or a competitor, both usually solely on physical basis alone. Women look at the soul inside.

At least, that's how the writer in me would describe the phenomenon.

My wife says women just notice things more than men do. It could also be that your were inadvertently making eye contact with them first, which naturally draws the other person's eyes right to you.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Silver Member
    So kids, let me explain this. (OMG, here she goes again with another one of her pronouncements)

Women look at other women. Fact. What they are expecting (from another women) is a returning SMILE. A sort of "yes, we're both in the same club" interaction. What you do WHENEVER you encounter another woman is SMILE. Meet her eyes directly and SMILE. That's all. Nothing else is needed or expected. Just smile and pass on your way.

If you happen to glance up, and see another woman staring at you, smile right at her. Smile.

Girls learn this early on in their socialization. Guys learn just the oposite. If you want to remain inocuous and unnoticed ya gotta smile.

For me, this is one of the most enjoyable aspects of being a woman. We smile at each other.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Don't worry, it's not usually intended as hostile. It's more of an acknowledgment that you are there, almost like a greeting; and at the same time a way of sizing you up... to make a quick judgment about whether you might be a friend or foe. It really differs from city to city though. In friendlier places people will look at you more on the street.

I once read a study that said women tend to look around a lot more than men, and men don't understand the behavior. It's just part of the subtle differences between us and how our minds work.

...or maybe they're just checking you out because you look good. I did that to a very pretty crossdresser on the bus the other day. Hope I didn't freak her out. That wasn't you, was it?

Edit: Stephenie is correct. Smile.
    Last edited by Andy66; 11-12-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Enfemme or not I make eye contact with everyone I pass and smile and usually say hi.. Its just what women do.. And guys don't.
    I try to do this as well, it is actually fun.
    Dana Ryan

As with Karren,I always make eye contact with everyone in either mode. Most people can't maintain it. To others it's a propriety thing, to still others it's a display of dominance.

Male or female, people look or glance at one other because it's human nature.
    When I first started going out, I used to be concious of people looking at me, but then I realized it's normal. If some is avoiding eye contact on purpose, you can tell and the same thing goes when someone is staring because your mind just knows it.

Women will look at other women because they want to see what they're wearing and so with you they're probably checking out your fashion sense.
    Now depending on what you were wearing, if you stood out like sore a thumb, then they would staring with their eyes wide open. If they were glancing, then it's no big deal.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I make eye contact with most people and usually give them a smile. There is no ulterior motive, just something that I do and always have.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Women are much more likely to make eye contact with another woman but it is usually just for a moment or two. A friendly smile is the proper reaction to acknowledge and then look away. Men rarely look another man in the eye while passing by.
    Hugs, Carole

A few situations I remember:

Buying an eyeliner at the self checkout grocerie store. The woman at the service podium stared at me as I walked out. I just smiled to her and she did this look like she was caught off guard because I smiled at her - she didn't really know how to react. She read me, but I didn't let it bother me.

When walking by a smoking area (lone female standing outside smoking with nothing better to do but watch people). From about 20 feet away she watched without a smile or expression, but kept focused on me. I felt like she was judging me (not sure about being read because her expression would probably have changed) and after a while she directed her eyes elsewhere.

Again a smoker, outside a hair salon. I guessed she worked there. I walked right by her and she turned to watch me. I smiled as I walked by, but she did not return a smile. I guessed she read me so I put a little extra wiggle in my walk to rub it in, but she may have just been critical of my clothing or hair.

So either way, I think the stare is an evaluation and it is the moment just before you are read or not. If you get read by an unfriendly person, I think this where they stare you down to say you are not fooling anyone and by a friendly person, probably a big smile or laugh instead. Usually big eyes and opened mouth come at the point most people read you.

me too

[QUOTE=danar;1937651]I try to do this as well, it is actually fun.[/QI Yes indeed!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Guys look at girls, girls look at girls. It's just the way it is. Smile, and move on. They don't mean nothing about it, just a way of a silent greeting, like "we are all sisters", so just nod, or smile, and go on your merry way. If they "made" you and still smile, good for them, and if they just look and smile, good for them too.
    Actually, I kind of get turned-on by a women smiling at Cheryl.
    Remember this: a good smile is your strongest asset.

When i make eye contact with females i get a from my wife .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by twisted-sister View Post
    I've noticed that 10/10 women I pass on the street look me straight in the eyes. I'm passable I think, kind of, but rather tall, especially with high heels (that I usually use). They never look at my body like the men do. At least not that I can notice.

I dont feel all comfortable with this. I feel it is hostile.

What's going on? Have you noticed this? And it is variable. Sometimes I'm not noticed much. But other times they stare right into my eyes. It's typical 2-3m before we pass. 10 out of 10 that notice me. Maybe 3 of 10 total of those I walk past.

This is only on the street. Today I zoomed around in the city looking at dresses and trying shoes. And always in stores they smile from ear to ear. So that is totally different.

Obviously I do this to, since I notice. But have no idea as to why?

Is it the clicking of my heels?

I find it most peculiar, guys never do this. One today took position slightly behind me, while I was standing still for a while. So he can enjoy his view I guess. My tunika was rather short today I did not mind, he was rather cute as well

Please enlighten me. Am I being frightend for nothing?

yikes! it sounds scarry,

there was some good advice in the comments here tho.

my thought was your point may be right about your passing untill they got up close and then they get confused. that may be easy to test by going out dressed so you know you're not passing and see if they act differently.

btw, in your mind how would they have acted if they were being normal and not meaning to be hostile?

Eye contact

In the small town where I live (pop less than 5000), it is usual for both men and women to make eye contact and exchange hellos when they meet on the street. I'm told that this behaviour makes city people nervous. Hugs, Kathy

Aspiring Member
    I went out in public for the first time fully en-femme this week and walked past so many people - I noticed the number of women who smiled at me as we passed, and after a little while I started smiling back. To be honest, it felt nice and calmed my nerves more than anything else. In guy mode it is something that just does'nt happen to me.

It was probably my imagination, but I am sure men were looking at me in a different way as well.

I always quickly meet the gaze, and give a confident girl-smile, then look away. That's the typical female "Identification of Friend or Foe" interaction.

If you're at all nervous or self-conscious or afraid of being read, GG's will pick up on that in an instant, and then the microscope comes out and it's all over .

On the other hand, if you're genuinely relaxed and confident, she will most likely smile back and move on.

If you don't move well (and in my experience many CD's don't have it down), that will get you read in a hurry, too. If you're tall or big, any deviation from the norm (such as a non-feminine gait) is even more attention-grabbing.

Women notice details much more than men (when they're in noticing mode and not preoccupied with what they're doing).

When a woman looks me up and down focusing on my legs I know she's admiring them, not reading me .

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Maybe in small towns. In general, the number of women making eye contact is the minority in the big city. And saying hi to strangers, even rarer.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Wow, thanks all, I picked a few for some comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    Now depending on what you were wearing, if you stood out like sore a thumb, then they would staring with their eyes wide open. If they were glancing, then it's no big deal.
    I dress just like them. It's not glancing. It seems like they are not even aware of it. This is what I do;

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    Women are much more likely to make eye contact with another woman but it is usually just for a moment or two.
    I guess I might look like some nerdy slightly lost chick. So they are thinking, wow, what a weirdo. So when my eyes cross theirs, about 2-5m away. I can almost guaranty that my eyes meet theirs. So they are looking right into my eyes. So they are searching for something. Even say 3 of them, talking, and my eyes scan past them. I can be pretty sure, all their eyes meet mine, and they keep talking to each other. Then they are past me.

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    Men rarely look another man in the eye while passing by.
    You look guys in the eye if you find them cute, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    It's more of an acknowledgment that you are there, almost like a greeting; and at the same time a way of sizing you up... to make a quick judgment about whether you might be a friend or foe.
    This is just what it feels like.

I once read a study that said women tend to look around a lot more than men, and men don't understand the behavior. It's just part of the subtle differences between us and how our minds work.
    This is true, I pay attention also...
    ...or maybe they're just checking you out because you look good. I did that to a very pretty crossdresser on the bus the other day. Hope I didn't freak her out. That wasn't you, was it?
    lol. But it's not like that. That was the guy I refereed to. He checked me out. You can notice by the atmosphere or something..

Quote Originally Posted by skirtsuit View Post
    Hey Sister,
    I've noticed the same thing. I've even had women in full hijab staring at me so that all you can see is their eyes following you as they pass.
    Spookey

I'm also not sure what to make of it, except I usually stare back and smile.
    Once you smile, the magic is gone. Then they look away. It's like I spellbound them.

A GG told me recently that women dress to impress other women, not to attract men, so maybe the face is the last thing they check out as they pass?
    They are searching for something...

I think mainly the women stare because they're not sure what to make of me. I dress well and look pretty good from a distance, but maybe as we get closer, they can see the guy in my face and they get confused?
    From a distance they can not see a thing, except slightly tall. And probably exceptional sexy. It's first within 3-4m that they can tell something is special with this one, I think, and only from certain angles. But that might be just my delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaRose View Post
    Women are readers...they see through the eyes of a person into their soul.
    That's beautiful.

My wife says women just notice things more than men do. It could also be that your were inadvertently making eye contact with them first, which naturally draws the other person's eyes right to you.
    I thought of this. Because I need to know, I need like confirmation or something, so I will always look into their eyes. But just a glimpse. And if I like what I see, I will smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    For me, this is one of the most enjoyable aspects of being a woman. We smile at each other.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Yes, this warms my heart like nothing else. But if I smile first, and it is not returned, it makes me equally as sad. So I am a bit careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    So either way, I think the stare is an evaluation and it is the moment just before you are read or not. If you get read by an unfriendly person, I think this where they stare you down to say you are not fooling anyone and by a friendly person, probably a big smile or laugh instead. Usually big eyes and opened mouth come at the point most people read you.
    Indeed. Some smile the moment my eyes meet theirs. Mine is always way shorter then theirs. I feel intimidated, so I will look away if they dont smile. I think this is natural, since I dont have the confidence and all of that. There is no reaction otherwise, everything is like normal. When I was younger, some would laugh, the big eyes. But that does not happen anymore.Then it is just the meeting of eyes, until we are past. I think for a guy, this would be great, they would think they are really popular.

[QUOTE=RanneDee;1937772]
    my thought was your point may be right about your passing untill they got up close and then they get confused. that may be easy to test by going out dressed so you know you're not passing and see if they act differently.
    I think that is when they are intimidated, and just wants to avoid you. I dont really feel like testing it.

btw, in your mind how would they have acted if they were being normal and not meaning to be hostile?
    I was not all lucky by the use of hostile. It's more accurate probably that I get insecure. Because what would be natural for me. Is that if I look first into someone's eyes, and they return the look (and I guess if I find what I look for) then I will smile first, since I initiated the contact. Many woman do just this smile to me when I look at them, and that's that. For me that is just like it should be, and I smile back. But those that make me feel uncomfortable, their eyes just seek mine, until they are past. This is all happening really fast. So maybe they don't have time to smile or something, i just know that with these I feel uncomfortable. I don't think they mean anything bad with it either, they just cant help it.

Quote Originally Posted by x-sarah-x View Post
    In guy mode it is something that just does'nt happen to me.

It was probably my imagination, but I am sure men were looking at me in a different way as well.
    Well, you know how guys become when you show interest....but that's probably my imagination

Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    If you don't move well (and in my experience many CD's don't have it down), that will get you read in a hurry, too. If you're tall or big, any deviation from the norm (such as a non-feminine gait) is even more attention-grabbing.
    I think that is what draws their eyes. And my face is like my worst feature, I really hate it. It's not masculine, but it's just to large. Most of all guys are not rude or stare at me. And when they speak to me, they are really sweet. Just like they are with every other girl. Or they just ignore me, as in not pretty/sexy enough or something like that. But usually I ignore them. I'm really picky when it comes to guys.

When a woman looks me up and down focusing on my legs I know she's admiring them, not reading me .
    They do this to me too, only when they think I dont see

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Maybe in small towns. In general, the number of women making eye contact is the minority in the big city. And saying hi to strangers, even rarer.
    Yes. Like if something does not catch peoples eyes, then people just go on with their lives.

[SIZE=4]I admittedly dress and wear makeup a little bit over the top, and tell people I do it because I am a makeup artist, and I am. With that being said, when I walk anywhere, I smile at all the women and a few men. Women are still trying to figure out what the hell I am as I pass and men just get all confused.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]We all look at one another, as a way of learning about other's habits (right...) and checking them out for threats. I do it to be pre-emptive and strike before they can. If I smile first, then they are on the defensive..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]In reality, women do look and smile and talk with one another much more than men. If you don't believe it, try striking up a conversation with the guy peeing at the urinal next to you. Find out real quick why mens rooms are so quiet...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]This picture is of me before going to work today. If you passed me on the street wouldn't you smile at me??[/SIZE]

47b susan 11-12-09 8 (2).jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]This picture is of me before going to work today. If you passed me on the street wouldn't you smile at me??[/SIZE]
    Definitely!