Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So.... Anyone actually see someone today?

nope

but like others my wife did ask.
    lovin to dress...

Ok...ok, I almost started a new post on this issue but I decided to just say it here.
    Number one, why are we committing ourselves to being spotted one day of the year with a rubber band if we are going out? I mean, we already have Hallween, but that does not necessarily make the point known.
    CD'ers day seems mutually exclusive to those on this forum. Personally, I think it's safe to say most of us saw no one, hooray for those who were lucky enough. The good thing is we got a better grasp of the mathematics here. It just seems we went on a fishing expedition and casted our nets and lines in the narrowest area possible.
    Maybe we should just include the other 364 days of the year. No one needs to meet really, but just get a better collective sense . ...or you can just say 'bah, who cares!'

Never saw another but was working (nights) slept during the day.

Had mine on but didn't realize you had to wear it in your WRIST. I kept wondering how others would see it, till I looked down! Oops!
    Didn't see anyone else wearing one though.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    So.... Anyone actually see someone today?
    [SIZE="2"]I was out and about, and I saw no other participants. I didn’t even see any women dressed as women, but that’s par for the course around here…

I had my hair cut at the local barber shop yesterday, and the barber (a man) noticed my pink bracelet (I always wear it, BTW). He reached in his back pocket and showed me his pink rubber band, neatly circling his wallet – apparently he was too “manly” to wear it on his wrist. I looked at his, and then I showed him mine, which says “share beauty.” I was going to tell the barber about the alternative interpretations of a pink bracelet on one’s wrist, but I noticed the man’s numerous hunting photos stuck on the nearby mirror, and I thought better of it…

I just had a thought -- I wonder if my barber secretly wishes to be a lumberjack, and, therefore, a transvestite?[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 11-14-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: I added something

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    just realized my postman had a rubberband on his wrist.....hmm
    [SIZE="2"]I didn't see anyone with a rubber band on their wrist yesterday, but I'm going to the post Office to mail some packages today.....I'll have one on again today and see what happens. [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

No one out there.....if there were only a couple hundred posts here, what do you think the odds would have been????

I struck out, too...

But didn't get out to the mall until around 6 last night, and it was mostly teens and families. I wore a rubber band with pink higlighter scribbled on it, but had to keep fussing with my shirt sleeve to keep it from obscuring the band. Maybe next year I'll just crossdress and get out there on Crossdressers Day! That would be novel! And no worries of pink rubber bands rubbing off on my threads!

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Maybe we should just include the other 364 days of the year. No one needs to meet really, but just get a better collective sense
    I agree, Nathalie! A CD Week, at least, might raise our chances of spotting a kindred spirit. Or maybe CD Fridays?
    - Jacky ^_^/

can we have a rubber-band redo day??

i missed the memo too! maybe we need to extend this for a week! I think 7 days is a lot better chance of seeing each other. who do i need to talk to to get this changed?(as if there was a person!)

i had contact with almost 200 clients yesterday... was wearing mine, none of them were however, my hope is maybe they were just not participating..

maybe we need a week or a month instead. Day, especially this time of year in the northern hemisphere, are too short.

If we take a month, lets choose one with 31 days in it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Too funny but mine did too!! Mater of fact all the postal workers at the branch I use did too!! Omg. The postal service only hires crossdressers!!
    More likely because they use rubber-bands in their work. I've seen bunches of mail wrapped in a rubber-band, for example.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

My store has been pretty quiet today. Didn't expect to see and bands anyway.

I forgot to wear mine. My deepest apologies! If some others forgot to wear their's, then that would help to explain why so few were seen.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I wore mine, a bright orange one ....Nope didn't see anyone either , and I went a few places the elusive crossdresser.

Talking Smart wife

Thursday evening my wife were out, stopped at a rite-aid. I said I need some rubber bands while she looked elsewhere.
    Wore several all day Friday. We went out to eat Fri. night and she asked me why I was wearing the bands. I said I'll tell you later wishing to avoid a potential noisy conversation. After about 5 minutes she whispers to me, smiling, is it National Crossdressers Day? She nailed it !!

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

The one day I get stuck at home rearranging my living room! Outside is cold and raining, and the busses don't run on the weekends (mine anyway) I wore a black hairband on my wrist anyway, and so what if I looked in the mirror several hundred times

My sweety's just wait for January 30th International CD day is coming (at least according to "Laura's Playground")

I was out enfemme at the Eastwood mall on Friday eve as well as the Borders and Perkins Restaurant and Walmart. I had a nice wide green rubber band on but saw no one else with a band. Kind of disapointed!

percentages

The possibility of seeing a friend at the exact moment in the place we happen to be at that time are very minute. I think the percentage of us is so small (10 percent of the population, maybe) that it is nearly impossible to see a friend.

I did proudly wear mine and definitely rolled up my sleeves to show when I was in public.

Did anyone wear a tighter rubber band so that they were constantly reminded it was there? I did.

b
    lovin to dress...

Aspiring Member
    I had wanted to participate in this, but forgot about wearing the band or looking for it. I'm curious though, did any of you who belong to other forums, chatrooms etc, put the word out there? I think probably the reason so few were spotted is that there just weren't enough people who knew about it.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I didn't see anyone with a rubber band on their wrist and forgot to ask if anyone at the TriEss meeting had even heard of this. Their wrists were all covered with bracelets and stylish watches on anyway, so I don't know if any of them were crossdressers.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

wore a orange band all day but did not see any others

I wore an ordinary rubber band all day and no one, not even my wife noticed it. We were out more than usual, went to Grapevine Mills Mall, walked the whole mall and had dinner there. I did see one or two people who had "message" bands on the left wrist (ala Lance Armstrong but different colors) so I couldn't be sure about them but that was it. I did however see LOTS of really cute dresses, and a few nice pairs of shoes, LOL. This was posted in otner CD forums I read so I think it got pretty good distribution amoung the CD's who are active enough to interact with others about it, don't forget that we have lots of sisters out there who are so in the closet that they don't even interact onb the WWW. So, my opinion, if even a few sisters here spotted someone, it was a success, and hope for more next year....Stephanie

Re- The 2nd Friday in November

I had a purple rubber band on my wrist and was shopping in a mall in London Ontario, Canada, with my wife. She is unaware of my crossdressing. We were in the food court enjoying lunch, when, another couple of women passed by us. I noticed one of the women had a brown rubber band on her wrist. I excused myself from my wife and passed by this women with the rubber band on my way to get a refill of coffee. As I passed, I caught her eye and tapped the band on my wrist. She smiled and tapped her's and we carried on our way. I would have loved to chat with her but with the circumstances as they were, we not able to make contact.
    Marcie R.

Nada

I was traveling from the south to NYC through 3 different airports. Had mine on but saw no one else and no one said anything to me.
    Sarah