Thread: Where did the fun go?

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar

Where did the fun go?

I am on testosterone laden weekend hunting with my brothers and some friends. After walking my tookis off and purposefully missing some pheasants that I no longer care about killing, I came back to the lodge early. Here I sit researching lip plumper, night cream and trading posts with my girl friends.

Please don't get me wrong. I enjoy my guy time, but for some reason the weekend I used to hold as the holy grail of guy time, opening day of pheasant season, seems to have lost its luster. I love the camaraderie of hanging with the guys and especially my brothers, but other than a discussion about microbrews and football last night I felt the rest of the guy time was sophomoric at best. At one point my inner voice was screaming men are such boys.

What does this mean? I used to love events like this. Now they are a chore. My wife and girls went to the city shopping this weekend. I would have much rather gone with them. If I am going to walk my tushy off I now would rather do it for a great deal on a new dress than a dead bird.

This afternoon and tonight, I bond with my bros over beer, chilli, late football games and silly movies. That should be fun. I wonder what would happen if I suggested we watch project runway?

My therapist is going to get an earful next week!
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Susan

As an Ex-Nebraska resident, I understand the ritual and sacredness of opening day (so many guys out there I am surprised they don't shoot each other.)

But you are not alone. I don't like the cold anymore. I don't like killing (I don't mind eating though). I don't mind the walking if it s nice out. And I still like shooting...bottle, skeet, targets (Oh speaking of Target, I wonder what's on sale).

I would say we have evolved but it is more like we have gone beyond. Is Kansas like Nebraska? Last time I was there in November, EVERYONE for 1-92 was dressed in Camouflage. The VS at the mall even had a mannequin in Cami panties and bra ( Gee bubba I don't know what happened. We was out here in this field and she took off her clothes and next thing I knew she just flat blended in with the landscape. I looked for an hour before I finally gave up cuz I needed a beer.)

Enjoy the party part, suffer the macho hunting part. Make up some lies about your pickup, how women still find you attractive when your pants show your crack, how you once almost scored that winning touchdown (even though you played piccolo in the marching band) and how you got that 12 gauge pump at cost because the store didn't really know what it was worth.

Remember, the real season starts in two weeks. Get that charge card ready!
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Although I've nearly always had a close male friend or two, I've never been a hang-out-with-the-guys kind of guy. Never liked sports or hunting or hot rods or Harleys or any of that stuff. Never could think of anything to say around a bunch of guys shooting the s**t. Just never fit in, and it always bothered me, a lot. Now it all makes sense.

In one of my favorite scenes in the movie Birdcage, Armand (Robin Williams) is trying to teach sissy Albert (Nathan Lane) how to act like a man and talk guy talk --

Armand: "Al, you old son of a bitch! How ya doin'? How do you feel about that call today? I mean the Dolphins! Fourth-and-three play on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds to go!"

Albert: "How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered ...

... What? Wrong response?"

I can relate.

hi uall im kind of new to this form but iv been reading alot of the post. im acornhusker at birth and love the countryside and at 4-6 found out i like womans clothes to.i like all kind of sports until the last 20 years.

Well, I Was never much of a hunter. (White tail deer is the big draw arround here) The idea of getting up before the sun to sit in the cold, just never held any apeal to me. Maybe if I could head out about noon on a mid summer day maybe I could have been a hunter.
    However,,, Here is where I can identify with your post. I used to enjoy working on cars/trucks. Now the thought of getting dirty, and maybe busting my knuckles or breaking a nail, just don't sit well anymore.
    I don't know if it has lost it's apeal because of how it could damage my manicure, --OR-- has it lost it's apeal because it's moved from a "want to" thing to a "have to" thing??? I have found that people loose a desire for things when they are forced to do them.

I guess I never found the fun

I am really ready to quit. I can't seem to bring myself to even try make up anymore, I look so ugly. I love the fashion and heels and everything that goes with it but can't seem to get enough courage to be me and go out and be with others like me. I know I am hopeless......

Does anyone have any ideas to break out of this, this "slump" (for lack of better word) Is it like this for everyone? If it is, I really feel for you girls.......

Susan

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Susan, focus on the parts of it that you love...you listed them: "I love the fashion and heels and everything that goes with it". So you have a reason to keep going, if you desire. I know I couldn't quit if I wanted to, and I'm not ever going to be pretty. I may not ever get a chance to meet others like me, but I remain hopeful, because I know those are the people who are going to accept what I am without question or hesitation. I've therefore made it a goal...before I die...to go to a local CD gathering at least once, dressed.

YOU are not hopeless, Susan. You may not feel any hope, but that's because you can't see the road ahead. If you were a Believer, this would be the point where you must put all your faith and trust in God to lead you--or carry you. (I cover topics like this on my blog, if you're interested...see my siggy below.)

If you're not a Believer, then know that you have sisters and brothers here who don't care what you look like, who believe in who you are, and who love you just for being you. If you *want* to stop, go ahead. But stopping just because you don't think you can carry off the look isn't a good enough reason, in my book.

Small steps, Susan. I'm not anywhere near ready to go out dressed anywhere yet--nor can I see how it can happen--but I someday want to, and I hold onto that as a goal. In the meantime, I underdress as often as I can, and go out that way. When I'm home and safely alone, then I dress as much as I can, because it just makes me feel good.

Prayers for you, Sue!
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaRose View Post
    Susan, focus on the parts of it that you love...you listed them: "I love the fashion and heels and everything that goes with it". So you have a reason to keep going, if you desire. I know I couldn't quit if I wanted to, and I'm not ever going to be pretty. I may not ever get a chance to meet others like me, but I remain hopeful, because I know those are the people who are going to accept what I am without question or hesitation. I've therefore made it a goal...before I die...to go to a local CD gathering at least once, dressed.

YOU are not hopeless, Susan. You may not feel any hope, but that's because you can't see the road ahead. If you were a Believer, this would be the point where you must put all your faith and trust in God to lead you--or carry you. (I cover topics like this on my blog, if you're interested...see my siggy below.)

If you're not a Believer, then know that you have sisters and brothers here who don't care what you look like, who believe in who you are, and who love you just for being you. If you *want* to stop, go ahead. But stopping just because you don't think you can carry off the look isn't a good enough reason, in my book.

Small steps, Susan. I'm not anywhere near ready to go out dressed anywhere yet--nor can I see how it can happen--but I someday want to, and I hold onto that as a goal. In the meantime, I underdress as often as I can, and go out that way. When I'm home and safely alone, then I dress as much as I can, because it just makes me feel good.

Prayers for you, Sue!

[SIZE="4"]???[/SIZE]
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Suck it up, Woman!! lol I have fun no mater how I'm dressed..... Though I never enjoyed killing things... But tonight is our first playoff game and I'm going to enjoy checking someone into the boards... big time!! .
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-14-2009 at 03:28 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I know how you feel, the last time I went white tail hunting I prefered to get dressed up at night, and show off my outfits. Would spend the day in my coveralls dressed, would sit in the woods till I would be overcome with the desire to just have my outfit on.

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    LisaLotte, I was responding to SusanCACD's post immediately above mine. Seems like maybe her post and mine belong in a different thread...moderators, feel like making Susan's a separate thread?

-Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I know exactly how you feel....
    Last Sunday I was at a Pamper and Indulge trade show thingy. There I was surrounded by tables of free chocolates, jewellery, tarot reading, nail and spa advice..... I was even strutting on the "cat walk" (was actually a dance floor) for the fashion show wearing just a corset, panties, stockings and heels
    However my mind was wishing that I was watching the football games instead..........
    Jeez, I used to look forward to and love helping out in fashion shows............. What happened??????

Maybe you're growing out of that gun fetish.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

All the guys on my mother's side are hunters

All the guys on my Dad's side are techhies. I think I am the only CD although we do have a few lesbians. Strange brew for sure.

I never understood the term "Sport" hunting. If you want to call killing an animal a sport, have a competition. The deer is "buck" naked so the human should be as well. Go head to head with a deer the way Nature made it and the way Nature made the human and have at it. Lets see who wins.

I never have enjoyed the stereotypical "guy stuff" I much prefer music and sightseeing. Listening to Yanni while dressed is the ultimate high for me.

The testosterone can take the day off.

Growing up in Boston: Opening day meant Red Sox. We weren't much on hunting unless we could get it at the grocery store. But I would still rather get the dress.

Pheasant

I'd shoot one while wearing a cocktail dress and heels! Yum! We still gotta eat right? I do get your point though.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Last Sunday I was at a Pamper and Indulge trade show thingy. There I was surrounded by tables of free chocolates, jewellery, tarot reading, nail and spa advice..... I was even strutting on the "cat walk" (was actually a dance floor) for the fashion show wearing just a corset, panties, stockings and heels
    The chocolates were milk chocolate (bleh!), the jewellery wasn't anything special, the nail and spa advice you could have gotten any of the times you've gone to the spa; and there were line-ups for the tarot readings. And most of the floor show was pretty uninteresting... how many times can I see the information about the interchangeable shoe parts before I grow bored (answer: only once, and that was months ago.)

My wife and I have been having better success in finding interesting things in going to bunches of the craft shows that are on at this time of year -- purses, scarves, some nice jewelry that I haven't seen before, some batik hangings. Yes, some of the shows consist of 5 tables, but others of them are 4 floors of skilled artists.

The lingerie catwalk was the only part of the show worth paying attention to (other than the... stockings... on the woman giving out the chocolates )

I was into team sports growing up, playing things like roller-hockey and soccer. Nowadays I don't care for sports at all. I feel funny standing in a room with guys talking about hunting and other "guy stuff". I usually don't even speak up because I don't know what to talk about. It's more interesting talking with a group of women. I can talk for a long time with them.

I do like outdoor activity, like finding/exploring caves and hiking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Please don't get me wrong. I love the camaraderie of hanging with the guys and especially my brothers, but other than a discussion about microbrews and football last night I felt the rest of the guy time was sophomoric at best.

What does this mean? I used to love events like this. Now they are a chore.
    I've found that many men, not all, don't change alot thru the years. Maturing for them is just getting older and nothing else. For some of my sensitive friends, they continue to learn and be interested in all sorts of new things. If I ever end up in a nursing home, there are instructions to keep me with the women. I can see finding things in common to talk with them. Most of the men, I fear, would be talking sports and cars and not much else. I'd be much more interested about talking people, kids, our lives, and watching drippy movies.
    Sally

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender
    Where did the fun go?
    [SIZE="2"]Fun? Well done, but be careful, Suzanne. I used to wonder why jarheads go pheasant hunting this time of year – I mean, how many men go to a restaurant and order a pheasant dinner? Pretty fancy cuisine for Kansans, wouldn’t you say? I think I know the answer – the male pheasant has the colorful plumage, right? It’s a rite of passage for all true men to go out and kill this aberration of nature (in their eyes, as they’ve been taught for generations) – anything male cannot and will not be beautiful, so it must die. Case closed. I like the idea that at least one of these pheasant hunters is a crossdresser -- how ironic! I think jarheads would gladly hunt crossdressers if they could get away with it…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah
    As an Ex-Nebraska resident, I understand the ritual and sacredness of opening day (so many guys out there I am surprised they don't shoot each other.) Is Kansas like Nebraska?
    [SIZE="2"]Maybe you can try to explain the “sacredness” of it to me. I just might listen…
    Kansas is exactly like Nebraska, a centrally located, physically and mentally landlocked state that prides itself on nothingness and non-thought – I like it here, regardless…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24
    I've found that many men, not all, don't change alot thru the years. Maturing for them is just getting older and nothing else. For some of my sensitive friends, they continue to learn and be interested in all sorts of new things.
    [SIZE="2"]Sally, your New England take on things is refreshing – I used to live in Massachusetts, so I know exactly what you’re talking about. I miss my sensitive, thinking friends…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Suck it up, Woman!! lol I have fun no mater how I'm dressed..... Though I never enjoyed killing things... But tonight is our first playoff game and I'm going to enjoy checking someone into the boards... big time!! .
    You are the perfect balance between beauty, grace, and toughness. I guess you are the personification of hockey.

Karren do you ever have the desire to look down at the poor schmuck on the ice after you just laid a massive body check on him and say,"You were just laid out by a girl!"

I play pickup Basketball on Tuesday nights and have always wanted to tell some of the trash talkers that after I give them a good schooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    T[SIZE=2]he male pheasant has the colorful plumage, right? It’s a rite of passage for all true men to go out and kill this aberration of nature (in their eyes, as they’ve been taught for generations) – anything male cannot and will not be beautiful, so it must die. Case closed. I like the idea that at least one of these pheasant hunters is a crossdresser -- how ironic! I think jarheads would gladly hunt crossdressers if they could get away with it…[/SIZE]

K[SIZE=2]ansas is exactly like Nebraska, a centrally located, physically and mentally landlocked state that prides itself on nothingness and non-thought – I like it here, regardless…[/SIZE]
    OMG girl you are right. I am the one of the group with the bright plumage. I need to lay low until we hit the road this evening.

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Awesome! I always smile when I read your posts Enjoy your game!
    Living the life I choose!

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I am on testosterone laden weekend hunting with my brothers and some friends. After walking my tookis off and purposefully missing some pheasants that I no longer care about killing, I came back to the lodge early. Here I sit researching lip plumper, night cream and trading posts with my girl friends.

Please don't get me wrong. I enjoy my guy time, but for some reason the weekend I used to hold as the holy grail of guy time, opening day of pheasant season, seems to have lost its luster. I love the camaraderie of hanging with the guys and especially my brothers, but other than a discussion about microbrews and football last night I felt the rest of the guy time was sophomoric at best. At one point my inner voice was screaming men are such boys.

What does this mean? I used to love events like this. Now they are a chore. My wife and girls went to the city shopping this weekend. I would have much rather gone with them. If I am going to walk my tushy off I now would rather do it for a great deal on a new dress than a dead bird.

This afternoon and tonight, I bond with my bros over beer, chilli, late football games and silly movies. That should be fun. I wonder what would happen if I suggested we watch project runway?

My therapist is going to get an earful next week!
    I now how you feel not that I kill things but I get what you are saying.
    Living the life I choose!

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    I here you loud and clear on that one. I too go hunting with the boy's and some women are in our group also. But while sleeping in my camper I was wearing my sexy nightgowns and left 2 days early, just to come home and jump in the scented tub, shave all the necessary parts and get dolled up for a couple of Tanya nights before heading back to work.

I guess the cold, damp, fog had some pink tint in it this year.

Tanya