Thread: Wow! What A Great Compliment!

Wow! What A Great Compliment!

My æsthetician is getting married in a few days. Of course, when I'm there, we're always talking about her gown, her plans, how to cook for a man, etc.

This past visit I was wearing a pair of open-toed sandals. At one point she looked down at my painted toenails and said, "OMG! You're wearing the perfect color! Is it OPI? Do you know the color?"

I told her it was OPI's "A Ruby For Rudolph."

"It's the perfect color for my wedding!" she exclaimed, "I'm wearing red shoes and it's perfect!"

She called a couple of the other æstheticians and manicurists over to see it and I guess they'd seen her shoes at some point because they agreed.

One of them went back and got a bottle of it for her and she put it into her purse so she could check it against the shoes.

Wow! Did I feel great!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

What a nice feeling it is to be helpful, most especially when it comes to a wedding day. Just another of those little things that make the day perfect.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

too bad she didnt ask you to be a brides maid,,that would be fun...
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

remnded me of a happy time.

A couple of years ago, two good friends of mine who had been together for years decided to marry. This couple are some of the few that know me as Willow. I was invited to the wedding and they insisted that I attend en femme. It was so much fun to be at their reception, dancing, socializing and being (at least on the surface) accepted by all in attendance. Had a wonderful time.

Quote Originally Posted by crossdrezzer1 View Post
    too bad she didnt ask you to be a brides maid,,that would be fun...
    I would have loved that! Although, as practically any woman will tell you, it is an expensive chore. You have to wear whatever the bride picks for her bridesmaids, usually something designed as a sort of "one size fits all" attempt to accommodate bridesmaids that range in size from tall and willowy to heavy and petite, and you usually have to pay for this expensive one-time outfit and all of the alterations yourself.

On the other hand, being fitted in a bridal shop is one of those peak experiences in girl world. It is the ultimate inner sanctum. It is fun to be "on the inside" and to watch guys frozen at the front door with a deer-in-the-headlights look, most of them literally can't walk into the place. The estrogen level is so high that I swear you can develop boobs just by breathing.

I was honored once to be a bridesmaid, actually maid of honor, at a CD wedding. In addition to the expense, it was a lot of work!

I had to put together a bridal shower, complete with decorations and games, and, on her wedding day I had to be at the ready to help her through the day, including dealing with the expectable emotional swings, the getting dressed and so on (it isn't uncommon for one or two of you to have to help the bride go to the potty, for example). I even put together an "emergency kit" with everything from hairspray to band-aids and safety pins.

Still, being able to help your friend on the most special day of her life is wonderful! I'd do it again, especially if asked by a gg!

P.S. - Be sure to check out the movie "27 Dresses."
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).