Thread: What a rush!!!

What a rush!!!

Okay, so a couple of days ago I posted about going to pay my water bill in "mostly" girl clothing. I have to admit that reading about the experiences of other girls on this site has really made me curious about how I would fare in a public place. So this evening I came home and put on black tights, body shaper, my favorite pair of girl jeans, my pink plaid ballet flats (my favorite shoes), and a feminine but somewhat androgynous looking top. It took me a while to screw up the courage, but finally I left the house. I drove about 15 miles away to the next town, stopping to get gas along the way. When I got to where I was going I headed for the first large store I saw, which happened to be a Wal-Mart. I didn't even give myself time to think, just got out of the car and started walking. The greeter said hello and I just smiled and returned the greeting, walked right into the womens section, looked around for about 15 minutes, no one bothered me and I didn't get any strange looks. I found a sweater that I really liked and a new pair of jeans that looked comfy, grabbed them both, checked out without so much as a second glance from the cashier, said goodbye to the greeter on my way out, and headed back home. Amazingly enough I never really felt nervous, maybe it was because I didn't give myself enough time to be. I know this is kind of wordy, but I've never really had this kind of experience before, much less been able to share it with anyone, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and helping me to build up the confidence to have my own. I really feel like I need to get myself another wig now!

Great going, girl! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Your right don't give yourself time to be nervous, just do it

I was out dressed in Denve a few weeks ago, it was 8:00 I was hungry wanted to eat and sat in my car at an outback, finally I said heck, I don't want to go back change in drab and come back. I just did it walked in got a few smiles, but was treated with respect and great service

I am learning dress nice, act nice, and no one gives a heck

Oh I wish I could do that, I have gotten myself ready a few times and always chicken out just before walking out of the house. So here is a Great Big "GO GIRL" to you.

Believe me its gets better, and when you feel confident enough to slow down it is even more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_new View Post
    Believe me its gets better, and when you feel confident enough to slow down it is even more fun.
    Could not agree more. It just gets better and better when you can slow down and really take in the experience. Wickedly addictive

Good luck, have fun

Tash

congrats

congratulations Kylie

OMG your story sounded like my first time out I choose a rainy dark night to go to walmart for my first outing, managed to get out of the car and stood in the pooring rain with a girly umbrella plucking up the courage to go in. The greeter came out and asked if I am okay after 5mins, I said I am waiting for my husband to get the car I then walked to the other entrance using the umbrella to obscure peoples vison of me and then after another 5mins I rushed into walmart. this entrance greeter said hi with a warm undertone, then well the rest is history.. now resturants clubbing and having too much fun with anyone and everyone...

let the fun begin Kylie. no stopping you now
    Last edited by Natasha TG; 11-19-2009 at 03:42 PM.

It gets easier as you do it .. been doing it for several yrs now and ive gone and done alot of things dressed " first experiences " that if id have been caught id be done for .. but for as much as i pushed the envelope going to serveral places in my own town and several people i know seeing me and not even realizing it was me ( unless they just dont want to tell me ) is a major compliment when you pass that well that close friends dont recognize you ...

Going out

Hi again ladies,
    I just want to say that I have been a life long t-gurl. I dress all the way and have been going out for years. In fact, I just got back from Kohl's. I got a great deal on some bras and I went late (Christmas hours) @10:30 p.m. Anyway, I am just saying that nobody bothers to even look. I shop and go anywhere in complete freedom. I know it takes a lot of courage to do it the first time but, trust me, everyone here is right. Nobody cares, don't be scared. Be proud and be yourself. I know there are dangers and I don't want to ignor them, but I find doing most mainstream things pretty uneventful. I hope this helps someone to liberate themselves from the closet, if that is what they want to do. Peace, Charlene

Good goin Girl!

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

Pretty cute you can just feel the excitement running through your story it was all you could do to get it out .Tell us the truth you raced back home to post didnt you?? Very cute
    George Zimmerman says "youll like the way you look" and he is right I do!

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

What a Rush!!!!

What I need to know is , did the sweater and jeans fit???? I did this same thing a lot of years ago and I could never get the right fit so now I only buy things that I can try on. I went last week to the mall out here and went to Victoria Secret for a new bra, they had a sale, buy one get the second half off. I had the sales girl pick me out several types, I wanted a balconet bra size 40C and extreme cleavage/push up bras with no padding. They don't normally have size 40C so she told me 38D is the same, which I new full well since I have done this before. When she gathered up a dozen bra's of the types I wanted to see I picked 4 of them and she thought that I was ready to check out but she was blown away when I headed for the dressing rooms. She said "what are you doing" and I said I want to try them on, these are for me. Oh was all she could muster! Well I bought two "biofit" 38D bras and when my wife saw them I had to give her one of them since I have more bras then her. We wear the same size bra but she does fill the 38D out better than I do. Any ways the moral of the story is, try out the clothing, it is the only way to go.

That would be yes and yes. The sweater and jeans fit perfectly and I did rush right home to post it...I couldn't wait to share!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That's great Kylie! I'm glad the things fit you too. I can still remember my first outing - I was sure everyone was going to make me, but nothing happened and the feeling was so good.

Just one word of caution - going out is addictive - the more you do it, the more you will want to. On the other hand, why not have an addiction that doesn't harm anyone?

Way to go hun and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity