Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing slowed or stopped

Crossdressing slowed or stopped

Hi all,
    Wanted to know if others out there like me. I haven't been around for 3 months or so and up in till now had not wanted to or gotten changed to Tina. Even three weeks ago or so I tried to but it didn't feel right but, recently I have and so tonight after so much time away I am dressed again. So here is my question does this happen to anyone elas and could it be just my getting older? I don't know its strange since a month or so before I stopped I would dress when ever I got the chance. I find it strange even wondered if I was a CD for the past month since it all stopped for so long and not to insult anyone here since so many have helped me in the past but, for me if this CD part went away it would make my life so much easyer . Now as I am dressed and again I think or know this may never go away. Anyways has anyone else suddenly slowed own like this? Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this.
    Tina1969

At one time or another I'm sure we have all slowed down for some reason. Work, kids, family, activities, or neighbors. We dress because we like it and sometimes out of habit. The only time I can remember slowing down was after a fight with my wife over dressing. Didn't last long neither the fight nor my wanting to stay away from dressing. If you want to stay away from it and you can then normality will be yours. I prefer the way I am.

Sure. It happens to me all the time. I don't think much about it though since I do the same with most anything I do in my life... cycling, SCA, etc. It ebbs, it flows.

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    Think, do GG's get all dressed up all the time? Absolutely not. In fact, your not dressing is more of sign, IMHO, of becoming comfortable with how CDing is a part of you.
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

even when I don't feel like dressing I still have panties & bra on.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Maybe it depends how u "dress", Tina.

I dress ALL THE WAY, or not at all.

Sometimes, I'm just too lazy to spend the 3+ hours it takes for me to dress, then clean up after!

I think if I was a, "just throw on a bra and panties", dresser, I would dress much more often!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member

maybe you just don't need to

Tina,
    What has changed in your daily life? Perhaps you just don't need to cd anymore. I don't know your history,when or how you began, but I do belive there is a psychological componenet to dressing and so it may be that part of what drives you to dress has changed. It doesn't mean you are any less of a person, but the means of expression no longer require the outward display.
    It can be like an AH HA moment. Things suddenly click and what has been a puzzle ceases to be. Has something become more clear to you in the past several weeks? Relationship change?
    Mandrake out of water

Since Labor Day I dressed twice and went out both times...other than those two times I haven't dressed...not from lack of desire, just real busy and both the wife and I in between jobs up to now going out socializing has been cut back significantly the past month and a half...but that's about to change now that she's gone back to work and I'm going to go back Jan 2nd...

But that being said this may be why....

When I first started dressing I'd dress ever time I could...any do so anywhere from 50% up to 100% but ti was all at home....Now that I've broken free and go out as I please I dress a whole less at home and more when I know I'm going out....

But I'm always in panties wearing woman's jeans and my toenails are painted 24/7 and I shave all over...so although I'm not dressed I'm still femmed...and these things I do religiously....

So no it's not a lack of desire I think it's more opportunity to or not to do the dressing....I expect to be doing more dressing to go out shopping for Christams etc....so we'll see....

JMHO...
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina1969
    I don't know its strange since a month or so before I stopped I would dress when ever I got the chance. Now as I am dressed and again I think or know this may never go away. Anyways has anyone else suddenly slowed own like this?
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, I’ve slowed down from time to time, but the feeling to dress never goes away. One reason why I’m here is to replenish the urge by talking to others – it’s inspiring to hear the stories of other crossdressers, if only to make a connection with kindred spirits and not feel alone (for a change). A few years ago I was on a similar forum, and just being there yanked me back into this curious reality of clandestine dressing and secretive feminine transformation. I had a great time, but I had to put dressing aside when I moved to Lindsborg a couple of years ago. As soon as I was settled I brought Freddy out of the box (again), and I must say I’m happy she (meaning me) is here. You are so correct, Tina – the feeling will never go away, so you might as well marry it…[/SIZE]

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    No big deal. With me, I just got to be in the right mood, the right frame of mind in order to take the time and make the effort to dress. Everytime I dress I go out so there is a lot of time spent getting myself passable.
    I dress when the urge to do so is so strong that I can't fight it, or ignor it. I only dress if I have to, so to speak. There is no schedule.

I've slowed down considerably. After finding this site and reading the psychology behind it, CD'ing kind of lost its mysterious/taboo appeal for me.

Could be a change in sun spots and megnetic influence on the earth...

It happens. I'm in that kind of low right now and I have dressed up a couple times, but don't feel the pink fog (I feel like a guy in a dress)... for me, since I have accepted it and incorporated it in to my self there is no highs and lows about how I feel about dressing. So I'm guessing the feeling femine part is less when I am feeling good as a male?...don't know. CDing has been an escape for me in the past. I still dress sometimes hoping the buzz will return. I feel a loss in a way, I'm sure it will return though.

Thanks so much

Hi all,
    I wasn't sure and thought people here mite just look over my thread and not reply so thanks to all of you. All of you have given more to think about and now I know I am not crazy or going that way. I wish I had time to respond to each one of you but, right now no time. Thanks again
    Tina1969

I've reached the point of not being satisfied just dressing in private. Once I actually went out en femme, I've wanted more, so I don't dress as much. I really need to venture out again. Anticipating a road trip, and I think I'll schedule a stop along the way - researching TG-friendly venues beforehand so that I can have a destination in mind. If I figure out exactly where early enough I may post an invitation to the ladies in that town. I'd love to be with a group of like-minded ladies for drinks and people-watching!
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

Life has cycles. They are not neccessarily regular or predictable so just hold on and try to enjoy the ride. Hugs, Kathy.

Yea, lots of things can get in the way. After all, crossdressing isn't usually our #1 priority and emotions can go up and down like a roller coaster

I seem to enjoy planning my outfits and looks more than getting into them. It is an enormous amount of trouble. A month ago I nair'ed and bodygroomed myself to no hair anywhere but on my head. This made attaching my breast forms possible, of course, and then I was able to have fun trying all my new things out.

Then I realized how much colder I am without hair! (I know there was a thread about this very phenomenon recently.) Without a special occasion to continue shaving for, I let it grow back, which means my forms shouldn't be attached, blah blah blah.

I do enjoy slipping into something silky at bedtime, but the bottom line is - I've spent several hundred dollars on clothes this month and have only dressed once. As someone pointed out, it's a lot of trouble and very time consuming.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Do what you wanna.

I used to have that, BUT for the last three years, I can not get enough of

dressing and expressing my feminity. I think I am trying to make up for lost

time - and the older I get, I see time running out.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I have also had drop offs in my dressing. I always under dress but sometimes when I am depressed or its busy I slack off. I think though as I get older the pink fog IS getting stronger ....I just express it differently sometimes.
    Always Remember....There could never be sweet if there were no sour.
    http://www.myspace.com/laurentg1973

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

After a couple of months

Tina (I'm a Tina as well!) was able to finally arrive back on the sceen on Wed. and will be here tonight as well. It's just been a busy fall, my wife and I had a lot of things we needed to do together and they just weren't Tina things. Now with the holidays approaching we made a list of tasks and some of them were labled T for Tina!

It was interesting transforming to Tina after a bit of a layoff. The great part of it was rediscovering clothes and shoes I had forgotten about! It took about 10 min and a G&T but she was back in gear after that!

tina

It happens.. I have had this happen any number of times and am in a bit of a lull right now.. I wear shoes regularly and keep my legs shaved all the time for that eventual gush of explosion that will be me in tights and skirt and.. well you know.. my longest time away from dressing at all, and I mean no clothing at all would be maybe three months.. but that was quite a while ago because I can't remember when it was..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

It seems to come and go and have given up trying to firgure out why. I just now accept Jennifer is a daily part of my life. All I know is is that it is not going away. the urge has has its pecks and valleys but it is never very far from my mind and it drives me crazy at times.

Tina, you would be amazed at the threads here saying the same thing from even the most longtimers here. For many of us, it does tend to go in cycles. My favorite hobby, amateur radio, also goes in cycles. I have been "hamming" since childhood and there are times my desire to tinker with my radios completely disappears. Sometimes I have to fight the temptation to purge some of my radio equipment! Because, I know if I do, I will regret it later! Been there, done that.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Silver Member
    Yes I have slowed down before but funnily enough for me as I get older, I like to embrace my passion even more - I have never stopped fully though even in the "slow" days

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    Sometimes you are more into it than other times. There have been times when I have stopped completely. There are other times when I would get more into CDing. It depends on how you feel, pressures from the wife or children or the job, a bunch of things. I wouldn't worry about it.
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington