Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever regret purging?

Ever regret purging?

I gave up CD'ing exactly 9 years & 11 months to this day.
    I'm just dumbfounded at some of the items that I would have cherished owning right now, which ended up in the dumpster of an apartment complex. One thing I miss dearly is this cotton French poet styled nightgown, that had a ruffled collar and balloon sleeves, and was oh-so-popular and trendy in 1998. You can't find them anymore, mainly because fahshion has changed. I could go on about my Victoria's Secret collection, but that got thrown way too. None of these items were cheap.
    Sigh...just reminiscing.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I once threw away a really nice leather skirt I bought in Korea.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Little over 2 years ago when my family moved up i pitched everything. I had a antiqe vanaty with a large mirror,probley close to 12 every day dress's,6 skirt's floor length 6 knee,10 blouses and my shoes "around 10 pair" bra's panties hose everything gone rebuilding has not been fun at all,i have yet to find a little black dress that i like or blouse that fit's my age and style.

wont be doing that again thats for sure
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Eventually I have regretted purging every time I have done it. I haven't done it in the past five years; prior to that, it seemed as if I did it regularly. I threw away or gave away a lot of really nice clothes, several sets of expensive breast forms, jewelry (though none of it was really very valuable), and accessories like handbags.
    Since I have become more comfortable with my feminine self and I have revealed my crossdressing to some of my family, I feel far less inclined to purge.
    warmly, Linnea

Regret purging, Oh my yes! I have done it a couple times and a lot of beautiful clothing was lost . Clothing that a lot of money was spent to aquire.Sorry to say pressure from "normal" people was what caused me to do it. Its takes growing in our own acceptance of who we are to prevent it from happening I guess.

I have nothing to regret I have NEVER PURGED you see I like food to much so i eat all I put on my plate and have no need to pur....oh you mean to throw away my fem-stuff, Oh well then I .... Oh then my first response is right on I have never purged my Cd stuff ever. WOW that would suck.

I feel for the girls who have purged. But just look on the bright side , you get to shop till ya drop. That's at lest the good part. No use of crying over....ahhh spilled clothes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Yea all the great stuff I lost. I had some nice bras I would love to have back. Having a hard time find those colors again.

Ever regret it??

ALWAYS....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Every time that I have purged I have regretted it. I have made a vow to NEVER do that again.

Raychel is here for good this time. The rest of the world is just going to get to know her over time.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Closer out than ever.. DanyaKay's Avatar
    Yeppers, It always seems there is that one piece that really magnetized you. But, there is always the next click online or the next sale at Macy's. sigh.....

I purged twice while I was living with my mom. I threw away panties shirts and shorts It was not long before I was right back to it. A month maybe two months at the most. There is NOOOOO WAY I could stay away from CDing for 9 years... I am sorry you felt like you needed to.

Yep, I will regret throwing away every item I had. I have done it so many times I can't count, but never again. I might replace items, but not purge.

OMG yes! I've only purged twice, but the last time, about 10 years ago, was the worst. I had the most beautiful pair of Chinese Laundry velvet sandals, a pair of Guess black croc pumps, and a great houndstooth skirt I'd love to have back.

No. More. Purges. Ever! I know who I am now, there is no inner debate, and I'm supremely comfortable in both my skins. Too bad I didn't find this inner-enlightenment in my teens.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I absolutely regret every purge. My purges have been of two types -- self-imposed and ones that I have been forced to do.

I regret them for guilt that I felt at the time they occured, for there was no justification for that guilt. My crossdressing is normal and right and not perverted. It is a part of me and cannot be changed.

I feel anger inside when I think of them, and that anger is particularly intense when I consider teh ones that where forced on me, the ones where I was made to swear to the Blessed Virgin Mary as a 13 year old that I would never CD again, the ones where I was told that I was a f***k**g f*gg*t, the ones that stole the innocence of child of who just wanted to wear girls clothes.

As with many of you, there are many items of clothing that I wish I still had. There was lovely green tartan skirt,a nd beautiful blue and black dress. But most of all, I regret the burning, yes burning, of my first two training bras as a forced purge at age 13. But I won in the long run because 38 years later ... thanks to ebay ... I own replacements for both of them.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Lets go shopping!! AndreaCD 2007's Avatar
    oh my i purged some 10 yeasr ago, and regret losing a very sheer white and pink chemise

I have never really purged but i did find this vintage leotard in the attic once but had nowhere to hide it and threw it in the attic and haven't seen it since. I can't get in the attic anyway.

I've always regretted purging. Thankfully I haven't felt the need to purge in years, and I don't think I will anymore. Once you finally accept that dressing is a part of you, that it may come and go but won't go away, the urge to purge seems to disappear.

You I have big time I had a green skirt with a maching vest. I just loved and a few other things.Never Happen Again.
    Angie

YES !!!!! In 1995, I went through what I now refer to as "The Great Purge"

where due to my Spouse, I threw away my 25 year collection. The clothes

and lingerie that I threw away cannot be replaced - they don't make lingerie,

especially slips, like they did then. I had a lot of time, effort and money

invested in my wardrobe - I regret it so much. I honestly thought that my

crossdressing days were over.

SILLY ME !!! Like so many of us, I soon found out that IT never goes away

and only gets stronger. So, I truly regret not only that large purge, but also

several smaller ones. If I had known then what I know now, I would never

have done it. Live and learn.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I think we need to make a distinction...

...between "true" purging and simply paring down our expanding female wardrobes because the amount of "stuff" we accumulate starts to become overwhelming for the amount of storage space we have.

Do I regret the forced purging that I have done in the past due to external pressures and when I was a younger, less experienced crossdresser who was still wracked with guilt? Absolutely!

But as a self-admitted "shopaholic" when it comes to women's clothing as my avatar attests to, I do have a tendency to accumulate "stuff". That's probably a manifestation of some degree of OCD that I have struggled with all my life, and from what I gather, that is quite common among crossdressers. After all, if the compulsion to crossdress isn't a form of OCD, then I don't know what is.

So yes, I have had to "cull the herd" from time to time, and it hasn't been without regret over losing a few favorites in the process. This includes several dresses, skirt suits, and shoes that fitted me particularly well, but alas! - have gone out of style and really don't work for me anymore now that I have evolved into an "out-and-about" crossdresser.

But of course, the best medicine to alleviate that particular type of pain is to find the "perfect" outfit when out shopping, and then the cycle begins anew...

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar

Every time

Every time - and the worst was when the purging was done for me!

Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Very Part Time Girl Melissa Anne's Avatar
    Yes! I purged right before I got married thinking I would be "cured" by getting married. Well, as usual, the "cure" didn't work. I still kick myself for throwing out a couple of nice wigs, some nice shoes, and some nearly new breast forms. Brings back much pain just thinking about it...
    Melissa Anne, PPTG
    (Professional Part Time Girl)

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Me ? Purged ?

If I was to say "NO", would you believe me ?

~Samm

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-antha View Post
    If I was to say "NO", would you believe me ?

~Samm
    I would cuz I have never purged either. Lucky us EH!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Unhappy Ever regret purging?

Hun I think we all have thrown away things we wish we had back, I know I sure have,one is a leather skirt, it cost a bundle, and one day I took it to good will because it was a little tight.