Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever regret purging?

I haven't purged much but I regret every single item. But, if I did, it had to be done.
    I guess my greatest regret is a couple of teddies.

Never purged, have stopped being Karen but have always kept Karen's stuff. I learned early on that Karen will always be and someday erase the male side of her. With that known I kept things over the years until the wore out.
    SRS January 27

i never really had anything that was that fancy or expensive or exclusive so when i purged in 02 (i think) the only thing that i miss is a beautiful pair of 3" sculpted heel high heels in white and another matching pair in black. the tip of the heel was about 3/4" square which made them very stable which was great since i was new to wearing heels back then...

ive been able to get pretty much everything i want or need in resale shops or on ebay...

currently planning on purging it all again very soon because i have no desire to be Leesa. my wife doesnt know and the only person who DOES know really doesnt want anything to do with me (primarily) because of my dressing proclivities...

I've regretted purging within a month everytime. CD is in us, the most we can do is suppress for a while. If I was truly able to purge I wouldn't be hanging out here.
    If I'd found a place like this in the 80's I'd proably be very comfy with myself now. And have all fem clothes in my closet!!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    "Ever regret purging?"

Just once, well ok twice, no more then twice ! .......err ok ok four times .. definatly four times, but that ALL I swear .... ALLRIGHT ! nine time ! ... but that the only ones I ever ever ever regret ! the other 632 times were more like 'thinning the herd'.

Kelly
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I gave up CD'ing exactly 9 years & 11 months to this day.
    I'm just dumbfounded at some of the items that I would have cherished owning right now, which ended up in the dumpster of an apartment complex. One thing I miss dearly is this cotton French poet styled nightgown, that had a ruffled collar and balloon sleeves, and was oh-so-popular and trendy in 1998. You can't find them anymore, mainly because fahshion has changed. I could go on about my Victoria's Secret collection, but that got thrown way too. None of these items were cheap.
    Sigh...just reminiscing.
    Never again !

I purged my first time at age 21 and after each university year
    ( no storage as a youngin).

After graduation I did not purge from age 25 - 40 then I fell in love and like a dummy purged all my stuff which by now included many wigs, boxes of panties,bras,clothes etc.

Well she had no interest in me and now I had no women's clothes.

That is the last time I will deny who I am.

Ladies - " we can only become who we are ".

Love masked my transgenderism but only for a while - as always it returned even more powerful than before.

Now I feel happier and more at peace than ever.

I've purged twice,sorry I ever did it. That was ten yrs. ago, thank God I"ll never have to do it again.

The 3 or so times I have purged I absolutely regret it. I will NEVER purge again. I may donate my gentley worn clothes but I will never purge again.

hugs - maggie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maggie
    Let Yourself Be Free
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Yes, after each purge and I have had several. Have not had one in several years now and I don't expect any in the future since I came to terms with her and realized she is never going to go away.

Hi there
    Ive done some large purges in my live,but now have found it fun to purge stuff at lest once every couple of years, as clothing does get outdated . You find that the pleasure of shopping for clothing is great fun.

I never regret purging because I always purge my male clothing and it feels so good to get rid of that junk!
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I think we should start a Thread titled: "Ever NOT Regret Purging!" I don't believe I have ever seen anyone write, "Oh Golly just loved to burn up all my femme clothes, never had a regret, I'd love to do that again!"

As mentioned in an earlier thread, I think the only people who may Not have any regrets about "purging" are Bulimics! But, after they go through a lot of therapy, and being locked-up on a Ward; they too probably wish they hadn't done it.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I don't know if I'd use the term 'purged' for what I did or not. I honestly thought that crossdressing was something I was done with. I'd met the woman I was going to marry, and had no desire to dress any more. It wasn't a purge as much as it was just getting rid of some things that I didn't need anymore.

But oh the things I got rid of. Items I'd still love to have, 25 years later and some things, as others have said above, that can't even be bought anymore since fashions have changed or things just aren't made liked they used to be.

The three items that haunt me the most are:
    A mid-calf green tartan pleated wool skirt with a side zipper... it was warm, soft and moved beautifully;
    A burgandy 100% silk skirt/blouse set. The material was as light as air. Wearing it was like walking around in nothing more than panties and a bra; and
    The must full skirt I've over owned. This ankle length sky blue skirt had more material in it than a small tent It was of soft cotton and a hem that added a bit of weight. I spent hours just walking, twirling and sitting in it over and over just to enjoy how it moved.

*sigh* I haven't been able to find replacements for any of those things in the 25 years since I last saw them.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

My last purge was about 20 years ago, I still miss some of the things I tossed. I heard somewhere that the next time the urge to purge hits you just pack it all up in box and put it somewhere.

Bah, I'm still recovering from a major purge. Kinda sucks because it's so hard to get clothes and what not where I'm at. I'm sure like most of us, I regretted it right afterwords but oh well, no use crying over spilled milk.
    Beware the pink fog..........oh what the hell enjoy it. I know I certainly am!

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    The only time I have really purged was before I moved in with my then girlfriend. I was still living with my parents at the time, and when I was packing I picked up the box I hid my stuff in it, stared at the few clothes and cosmetics I had, let out a sigh, and threw them away. I was thinking I am starting a new life with the woman I love, and it's now time to just be a man, and how I didn't want to freak her out. So, I just gave it up threw everything in the trash. Seven months later, I came out and told her I am trans. Would have been six months later, but I didn't want to ruin her birthday.
    Fortunately though, I only had like, one bra, two pairs on panties, a shirt and jeans, two colors of nail polish, one shade of lipstick, and a stick of eyeliner, so I didn't loose much material wise, and I don't even miss them as I have a little bit more than I had, but everything is much nicer than what I had. But it did take a mental toll though. It was about three months after we moved into together that I really started to stress over it, even thought about leaving her just so I could go be me, but I loved her too much to do that. A couple months later, I just couldn't take it anymore. I figured if our love was as strong as we both claimed, and if it really is true, then we would endure.
    Last edited by Schatten Lupus; 12-11-2009 at 05:14 AM.

Banned Read only
    I've purged several times over the years. It's crazy to think how big my wardrobe would be if I never got rid of anything, but that's life, I guess.

Most of all, I really, really, really regret throwing away two items. One was a black stretch satin bustier...the way it hugged my body...it was INSANE how sexy it made me feel. The other was an Ashley Escante Peignoir set...it was quite elegant.

Lana Meadows
    I've had two mayor purges, first one I threw everything away. Last one in 2002 I sold mostly everything on Ebay since that collection was extensive and expensive. The thing I regret the most was I deleted 100's of digital photos I had taken in all my outfits and wedding gowns, even outdoor shots from my outside adventures that I would kill to get back. For God sake I was years younger and I didn't have as many wrinkles! Oh well live and learn. If I do ever purge again it will be Ebay and charity but the new photos are never going away!

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Yes, I've regretted purging... Ironically the only item I miss was a really cheap, $4 bra from the Dollar General. :P It was just the right thin-ness and just the right size, just the right everything. And of course being the freaking dollar store, they're carrying new crapola cheap ones every week, and of course no longer have the one I got before.

I have purged probably 3 times..the last one a major. Starting over is difficult and expensive. I wish I had just half what I threw away, especially the slips. Oh well, not going to do it again!

Two years ago I purged because of weight gain, thinking I would never fit into my favorite clothes again. Big mistake throwing out all my pretty clothes because I did get back to my ideal weight of 155. Oh well, I do miss some items, but I do have some really nice clothes now.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I have spent too much money, just to "though it all out."
    Sure, there are times I "purge" but I put all my stuff in a bag and stash it out of sight. (Out of sight, out of mind!)

Then when the inevidable comes, and I want to dress, I take all my stuff out and have it.

I purged a lot of my nice and expensive things about 6 month ago. Fortunately, I preserved some specials, as big silicone boobs and high heels. As most of crossdressers, I could not remain for a long period without bras, girdles, corsetts, pantyhoses and high heels as shown in my last trends.

Ouch!!!

a VERY sore subject to me....

I purged 3 times, the last (and I mean LAST) over 15 years ago. Yes, I'd like some of that stuff back. But the inevitable replacement period allows you to evaluate what you had and upgrade as needed.