Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May be TRANSSEXUAL rather than a CD

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Well for the record I am post opp TS. I NEVER once went to a therapist. I simply knew.

Katie
    How did you get the surgery, with out the 2 letters, we need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

That Cogiati test must be really good:

My wife and oldest GG friend scored in the 150's, and I scored in the high 200's. And yes, they both are more naturally feminine than little old me ...

If you're well read on gender stuff, it's easy to know how to answer the questions.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile I crossdressed for most of my life

But as I grew older knew things were not right for me, just didn't feel right being a man. Once I started to realize that I was transsexual and accepting that for me, I felt right and chose to transition. As I transitioned my daughter commented to me that I was a much happier, less angry person. She said she liked me much better but to me I didn't feel that much different. The funny thing is other people have noticed a change in my personality, all for the good. Goes back to what Caroline mentioned in her posting, " A lot of people have noted that you used to be a very angry man. " That last one stunned me because my whole 'front' / male presentation was supposed to be a happy, funny guy. Seems when you hide your true self there is a hostility, an anger because you can't be you.

I guess what I'm getting too is this, if you feel happier being a woman go for it, don't worry about your age or what people think. You'll be a happier woman and your family will be happier. For me my relationship with my children is so much better, I wouldn't go back.. Kimberly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

My two cents worth says, that if the more you do something pleasurable (like dressing) the more you want to do it. At least that the simple way I look at it. It's the old pleasure and reward cycle.

If it's more than that, what then? Can you be truly happy in your present state?

The message of Joseph Campbell—the amazing mythology guru and mentor to George Lucas who based much of Star Wars on the classic archetypal journeys Campbell documented.

It's rather simple.

Three words: 1. Follow. 2. Your. 3. Bliss.

Key words: "bliss" and "your." Not someone else's idea of your bliss. Not what you think should be your bliss. Not what you think would impress the crowd or appease the family.

YOUR bliss. What truly gets you giddy.

Hi Everyone I don't know if I'm allowed to post again on one thread so soon. I just took the COGIATI test online and I was surprised when I tested 140 and that puts me in the beginning category of the "you might be a transsexual"

Very tough decision.

I have been an angry man for 55 yrs, with angry brothers, and a very angry dad. I take meds, vitamins, minerals, but don't exercise like i should, except bicycle some, in a dangerous community. I also feel much more light, and positive dressed up fully. If much younger, with lots of financial security, i may have condidered it, but, if i'd had money, i may had been married, too! You have to consider your wife's feelings, because of your vows to her, and be willing to compromise. We can be selfish, as we all know! I don't think i would do it, either. I sure feel like you do, though! It is a b---h being male, much of the time! Sounds like you are manning up, and making a sound decision, from your last post. One minute at a time! (It used to be one Day at a time.)

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Lock View Post
    I think there is some validity in some of the questions asked. For example, the one on how good you are with parking the car. It is a womanly characteristic not to be able to do it too well. It has been a definite comfort to me to find on going to the trans-support group, that I am the worst of them all in getting my car in the center of a marked space in the parking lot, even if I make several tries.
    You are kidding right...I hope you posted this statement in jest because I am not aware of any factual evidence to suggest that in any way shape or form a woman is any less capable of parking a car than a man. Sorry I am not trying to put you down, it just really concerns me when someone makes such important decisions on such things and uses these types of things as justifications for how you feel or where you want to go. Transitioning is serious business with serious consequences not to be taken lightly.

You need to base your feelings of trans-ness on something other than perceived notions of what a man or a woman is or is not good at because that is nonsense. While I have a perception of the things in my world that are feminine (not female) that I gravitate towards, I would never base my decisions on these things. It is so much deeper than that, a feeling that you have inside. If you are basing your decisions and feelings of comfort on how you park a car then you need a great deal more therapy. Men and women are more the same than different, please keep that in mind when making your decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Grey View Post
    Hi Everyone I don't know if I'm allowed to post again on one thread so soon. I just took the COGIATI test online and I was surprised when I tested 140 and that puts me in the beginning category of the "you might be a transsexual"
    Alicia, the Cogiati is not is substitute for formal therapy. It is easy to rig the results to get the result that you want. Also the questions are too circumstantial. When I first took it it said that I was androgynous. The next time I took it it said that I was a definite candidate to be a transexual. The only thing that changed between the first test and the second test was that in the first case I was living with my ex and could not dress freely. The second time I was out on my own and could and do dress en femme all the time. I am not sure that is a true and proper measure to make any decision on other than perhaps I need more closet space

Consider the questions carefully then go see a gender therapist.

Melissa
    Last edited by melissacd; 12-10-2009 at 12:57 PM.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi jean View Post
    SO, WHERE DO YOU THINK I STAND????? ...Bobi
    I think any decision like this should be made through introspection and with the help of those that the decision will affect directly (your family).

A forum like this is very useful in getting your thoughts and feelings down so you can piece together what you are feeling and can read it back, but I shudder when I think about someone... anyone... taking the advise from strangers on a forum to heart when it comes to life-altering decisions like the one you are contemplating. Message boards contain a wide gamut of folks with all sorts of different backgrounds, goals, strengths, weaknesses, and problems. We are not you. It doesn't matter what we think, or, where we think you are in life... What matters is what you think and how you feel about your situation.

I personally have wrestled with much of what you mention in your OP. It all seems quite familiar. I wish you all the best.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Lock View Post
    ...For example, the one on how good you are with parking the car. It is a womanly characteristic not to be able to do it too well...
    I have seen a documentary featuring a study that demonstrated men are statistically better at solving problems where hand-eye coordination was needed, but overall, I'd say that the parking thing is mostly an unsubstantiated stereo-type.

cogiati.. was fairly close to what i consider myself... i totaled a -15 or androgyne.. which is how ii basically feel... can play both sides as long as i dont really push to each extreme.. and that is basically how i live or try to...

Without regards to tests, I have felt like I was supposed to have been borm female from the time I was 3 years old.