Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress more when you are depressed?

Banned Read only

Do you dress more when you are depressed?

I was doing pretty good with not wearing (Which is my desire) but about two weeks before my b-day I began wearing alot of my lingerie.

It started around October 1st. I am wearing now. I slept on a satin nite gown and robe. I just need to be held and my satin is the only way. I feel like staying in it all day. I do want to get out a bit too. Hard choice. I wear a lot after my shower at night. Sometimes I get naughty and others I feel loved.

yes, It is very relaxing to take on another persona and feel beautiful at the same time. I also try not to do it to often (for safety reasons) but when I CDs I can forget about my problems for awhile.

Definitely yes for me. I've been dealing with an ongoing low level depression for a while now, and I love dressing up in the mornings. Why the mornings? Because it is still chilly outside here and because this neighborhood seems to leave me alone in the mornings. By mid-day it is often warm enough to be out and about, and I am not quite there with outing myself totally. Dressing up does seem to put me in a different mindset, and by mid-day I am ready to face the world. BTW, I do walk my dog at sunup (it's mandatory), but in drab at that point.

Nope... I don't get depressed.. Ok rarely.. Can't even remember the last time..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Many theories about dressing and why we do it. I am sure each of us ultimately has our own mixed bag of reasons. One of those theories is that it is escapisim for us. I think this is a little true. Dressing or even just doing something that lets me slip into my femme personna for a few minutes just makes all of the stress melt away.

I get depressed when I don't have the opprtunity to be dressed.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    My answer is yes. The more depressed I get, the more deeply I get into CDing. Of course, since this feeling comes and goes, my level of CDing ranges from not at all to as much as I can get away with.
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

I rarely get depressed and when I do nothing changes in regards to dressing. For some it might be their happy place like some will go on an eating bing for a comfort zone. Nothing wrong with this at all when dressing when depressed unlike eating when depressed which is not healthy.
    SRS January 27

Nope I dress when I'm happy. I eat more when I'm depressed.

Yes - I get depressed because I can't dress as much as I want and need too

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I always seam to be the odd one out on this as depression stops me from wanting to dress. Maybe i am not normal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satin_Lover_13 View Post
    I hardly ever get depressed but if I ever do, no, it's completely the opposite for me. The last thing I want to do if I'm feeling down is dress. Being happy and dressing is self perpetuating, and for me, one goes with the other.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Silver Member
    Well if I am depressed or possibly stressed with work usually then yes I love to slip into my slothes and I find it just helps me relax and makes me feel good and forget the rest of the world for a little while

Sort of

I most love dressing when I feel the need for comfort. It's not to dispell depression but somehow to give me a warm feeling when I am, perhaps, a little bit scared or lonley.

Am I making any sense at all?

Much love,

No, I don't because when I'm depressed I just don't do anything. It's really a destructive cycle because actually participating in activities that are fun would probably make me feel better but the depression sucks all of the motivation out of me,

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Personally I dress more (and enjoy it more) when I am happy which is most of the time.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I don't get DEPRESSED, but I DO get TIRED!

The LAST thing I want to do then, is an exhausting, yet excellerating, 3+ hour dressing session!

It's a glass of wine and a game on the TELLY for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!

I do

For me crossdressing is an escape for sure. I just need to get away from life sometimes. Focusing and concentrating on doing my hair, my makeup and picking out an outfit distracts me from life's crap

Plus if I'm feeling down about myself what better way to cure it than dressing like a woman, I never feel sexier than as Samantha. Works every time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

I'm with Samantha, My dressing is an escape from my current reality. Karen is happy, pretty, just lost 28 pounds, and looks good. She doe not have a job outside the home, her SO is working full time. She does laundry everyday, she cooks the meals everyday, does the dishes, and runs the kids to practice. Her alter ego, is looking for a good job and with some luck, prays and help will find one soon. Karen may go away once the AE
    does find work, but for now Karen is looking for friends in the real world that can accept her, go to lunch with her, talk about makeup and boobs, teach her about style, (Karen lives on a farm.....)
    I know a lot in the third person but I'm in drab right now and will not be able to dress for the next 8 days. I wish I had my bra on, I love my boobs!
    Karen

I don't necessarily dress more when I'm depressed (good thing, since I'm not depressed very often), but for sure, I always feel better when I'm dressed.

Yes, i dress up whatever mood i'm in, but i find dressing up when depressed helps me escape humdrum reality and takes me out of myself.

I dress practically all the time. I'm always in at least panties and have been for years.
    Went shopping with my wife today. Just before we left a friend called and when I mentioned shopping she said "are you going dressed?" and I said no.
    When I told my wife she said "liar"...I mean, just because I had on panties, pantyhose, ankle bracelets, rings and a bracelet, my earrings, fem jeans, fem t-shirt and clogs...geez... I wasn't wearing any makeup and didn't put on a wig...gimme a break already...lol...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Satin Lover 13
    [SIZE="2"]No, I can’t dress at all when I’m depressed, but I’m rarely depressed in any event – dressing makes me feel so wonderful that I often do it purely for a lift, especially when I feel a period of mental fatigue coming on. Dressing also staves off physical fatigue – it must have something to do with adrenaline. I can dress up and completely forget how tired I am, but as soon as I remove my femme clothes I crash and burn BIG time…[/SIZE]

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I get depressed when I don't dress.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Nope I dress when I'm happy. I eat more when I'm depressed.
    You and me both, sister! I've had an on-going love affair with two guys (hmmm hopefully they are FTM) named Ben & Jerry for years now! (Before I stopped drinking 21 years ago I had an affair with a certain Captain in the run trade!)

Actually, my dressing doesn't increase or decrease. But, when I'm depressed as I am now-a-days, I retreat back to the days of innocence of the several months after I bought my first bra at age 13 until I was found out. Then, I begin cataloging all the hurts I've endured at the hands of others. Then I cry them away and I'm good for a while.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I'm kind of a mix of a lot of the reactions here. I am generally a happy person and dress quite a bit. But, like everybody, I have times where I am depressed.

I don't like to do anything when I'm depressed. I just watch tv, sulk, and watch more tv. I don't even eat a lot like some people have mentioned. It's funny but being depressed actually helps me to lose weight. I never "feel" like dressing when I'm depressed but I force myself to. And I'm always glad I did because it always makes me feel better to be someone else for a while.

Just the simple act of getting dressed, putting on makeup and doing my hair keeps me from thinking about why I am depressed and helps the time pass by.
    Charlotte