Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should I

should I

The whole family is coming in for a wedding this weekend. I want to come out but I know its the wrong time. duh! but the urge is there. Advice welcomed.

What kind of advice do you need?

My only question, which isn't advice at all is. Do you really want to upstage a wedding? Considering the whole family is coming there I assume the marrying couple is at least part family. Do you want to be roundly hated by the couple for the rest of your life for upstaging them on there weekend?

What about the rest of the people coming to the wedding? What exactly do you think they will talk about when they go home? What will be the topic of conversation when they get their photo's back of there day?

My advice. Get a reality check. It's someone else's day, let them have it and behave yourself. It's there day, celebrate them, it's not yours.

Well. You asked.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I agree...you do NOT want to upstage the wedding and draw attention to yourself. This is NOT your weekend find another time to do so.

Don't do it!

You've kept it secret this long so it won't kill you to wait until a future date.

Well if you need to come out now do it after the wedding before every one goes home so you don't steel the "show". There is never the best time something is always going to get in the way. But like the other girls have said , don't pull focus away form the wedding and maybe wait like I said until after, like the next day before they all leave. Just my
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

There's a time and place to come out to everyone. Only you can understand how your fiance/family will take the news, however I will say keep in mind that your SO probably expects yall's wedding day to be something special
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

Quote Originally Posted by southernpeach View Post
    There's a time and place to come out to everyone. Only you can understand how your fiance/family will take the news, however I will say keep in mind that your SO probably expects yall's wedding day to be something special
    I don't think that the OP is the one getting married,but if they were wouldn't it be a hoot for both of them to be brides? That would indeed make the day quite special... well if not special, at the very least memorable
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

My advice? Don't. It would be the height of selfishness.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Thumbs down No!

I'm with Holly and the others. It would be an utterly selfish and stupid thing to do.

Overall Consensus is "DON'T!" This comes from rich and poor, saint and sinner, and when they chime in; probably from female and male too.

Isn't this telling you something?

Peace and Love, Joanie

(not a whale)
    be a bizarro version of michael scott (see: the office season 3 episode 16 - phyllis's wedding) by getting a bridesmaid dress then stand up in the front with the rest of the bridesmaids and pretend everything is normal.

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar

Wedding is a special day

Well Marny,

I wouldn't suggest using someone elses special day to make such an announcement unless you want to make enemies and have a whole bunch of people who would normally be supportive absolutely turn on you.

If you are determined to announce your intentions to everyone at the same time - why don't you have a coming out party for yourself?

Myself, I did it one on one, each person or family at a time. You'll find a lot better response that way. You can also answer questions better and honestly and not feel overwhelmed.

But, it's your choice. I say not a good idea. Make that, it's a bad idea.

But, do have fun. I know that feeling of wanting to dress for a party - but it's only ok if you are already out.

:-) Portia :-)
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

I just love a delima!! So how close are you to the bride and goom? If you don't like them very much..... Maybe not AT the wedding but how about the reception?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Don't do it...it's someone else's day.

No don't so it, it's very selfish and how you can even think about doing when there's a wedding is beyond me. It is the brides special day and you doing this would take all that away from her.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

If the bride and groom know and approve I might say go for it, but this is the bride's special day and I would have to agree that this is not the time or place.
    I did go to a "wedding" dressed, but it was a lesbian ceremony and there were others who were FTM and bigendered. I also asked and made sure that it was okay with the brides, and her family. Big difference.

It is the brides day do not upstage her.
    mostly harmless

Like everyone else .............................NO
    you will only set your family against you if you come out,,,,make it other day/weekend

This is not really advice but more of a suggestion . Why not wait till your birthday . It will be the ideal day to do it since it will your day and let the bride enjoy hers .

Bianca

I will chime in with a no, due to the fact that it could make the wedding a very sad day for the couple. If the family quits talking would be always known as the day the family got torn apart. If goes well no problem but no way to tell ahead of time.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    You should NOT give that type of news on such a special day. Imagine the memories- The sun, the dress, oh yea and the announcement. NO don't even think about it. That would be a poor choice of timing. Find a better time to out yourself to family. Say Christmas at least those memories can be replaced with new memories.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    I see a lot of discussion about comming out to people. This makes me think a bit and I have a recurring question that I have to ask, WHY do you feel compelled to tell them?

The reason I ask this is say you are planning to live full time as a woman. Now that makes sense to me to tell people. On the other hand say you present a woman 1% of the time and its only in certain environments (gay bars for example). If that is the case I have to ask the question as to why do relatives need to know about your CD aspects. Is the next thing we have to tell people are sex life? LOL

I guess the point is you have to ask yourself what is the benefit of telling people? If all they are ever going to see is a guy then it seems pointless to tell them about the secret girl.

KAtie

Just my two cents:
    Absolutely NOT!! How selfish is that?! This should be about the bride and groom, not about you! Everything that happens at this time should be all about the bride and groom and anything that takes away from that is in extremely poor etiquette and form! (In the olden days, women did not wear white to a wedding as it took away from the bride, it was HER place to wear white...although that tradition has altered somewhat, the principle is still a good one)
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...

Awww. Come on.... It might just make a some what...... same old boring wedding more memorable? "Remember when Uncle Mike came out of the closet........ During the cerimony..... He was wearing such a pretty dress". Yeah.. Maybe even win $10,000 on AFV!! Or end up on Cops.. Depending on the reception...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Awww. Come on.... It might just make a some what...... same old boring wedding more memorable? "Remember when Uncle Mike came out of the closet........ During the ceremony..... He was wearing such a pretty dress". Yeah.. Maybe even win $10,000 on AFV!! Or end up on Cops.. Depending on the reception...
    Funny thing Karren to my sisters kid I am Uncle Mike......funny thing eh!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)