Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My SO does not really accept anymore.

My SO does not really accept anymore.

I dont really know what happened, but after 7 months of being able to dress how I wanted and her acting like she liked it the whole time. One day the truth just kinda came out and still coming out and I just feel so uncomfortable and vulnerable around her now. I want her to be happy with the way I am. But the only way I see her truly happy now is when I am wearing guy clothes. This 180 was such a fast turn around.

This is normal

She will go back and forth, this is not unusual. What you need to do is find out where the lines are now. You may have to reel it back a bit, or have some exclusive guy time with her to let her know the guy she fell in love with is still there.

I had told my SO before we got married and thought she was OK with it. 20 years later I'm still trying to find the lines. Sometimes it's better and sometimes it's not...

Hang in there and talk to them about it.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    She will go back and forth, this is not unusual. What you need to do is find out where the lines are now. You may have to reel it back a bit, or have some exclusive guy time with her to let her know the guy she fell in love with is still there.

I had told my SO before we got married and thought she was OK with it. 20 years later I'm still trying to find the lines. Sometimes it's better and sometimes it's not...

Hang in there and talk to them about it.

Love, Tracy
    I have to agree. I have seen many of the members wives at IXE be accepting, then out of the blue everything changes.

Sometimes I think it was because the dresser pushed it too far too fast. Wives for some unknown reason like their hubbies to be around at times.
    You want to wear a WHAT??

Hi

This happened to me, I was fine with my SO dressing but she started to push more and more and I wasn't ready for it, then one day I exploded, it really did set us back, but talking and setting some rules and boundaries we worked through it.

Sit down with her and talk, ask her what has made her change like this,it could be something that can be easily recetified.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

The whiplash effect... Well at least you got 7 more monthes than I had.. So in my humble opinion you have two choices.. Quit and make her happy (and you not) or don't and and you will both be unhappy.. Not a promising situation..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Try underdressing for a while, let things cool down. Maybe it sudenly hit her
    that you might be turning into a girl for real, and beining a lesebin was not
    in the cards for her, panic set in and you know the rest. Maybe after a time
    like was said above, you can set the line where you can go.
    Remember, Talk,Talk, And listen. Rader

I suggest you read this thread. It has a lot of good information in it and offers a perspective into the thought process of many GG's. But the bottom line is you need to talk to one another. Get the elephant out of the room.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I just recentley went through this whole situation although my wife and I had other issues as well and not just the dressing....it went to the point that it caused some serious/major problems....to the point that I moved out and went to Florida....lasted 10 days and she called and wanted me back...not sure if that was the 100% reason or how much of a factor it involved loosing ehr job at that time played inot it but we'll see as time goes on....anyway!!!

She's still not 100% "on her knees everyday thanking God I dress" ...but she's OK with it....and that "OK with it", is not doing it 24/7 all the time "OK with it"....

So yeah my toenails are painted 24/7 and I have gotten into weaing panties all the time and woman's jeans all the time and now that winter is coming I have a pair of women's slides that I wear around the house or if I go out on the front porch to smoke...but I'm not into "girl mode" all the time....I have little pieces all the time but not full 100% girl mode...

I still dress and go out to the clubs...sometimes on nites when she goes out with her GF's to hit the country clubs and sometimes I'll go out one nite and they go out the next nite....so there's a balance that we've seem to have struck....and I make sure I give her "man time" more than "girl time"....but I also try including her in my female side...like I help her choose what she's going to wear including accessories....or I'll do her make up for her....and when she shop for her I'll actively help her with choosing things...I might say you want my "man opinion" or my "girl opinion"????...and they are different so moat of the time she'll want both....I also allow her at times exclusively her woman time shopping and may only make a comment or two on something I see and ask her what she thinks about this for Steph but I don't make a bunch of "What do you think about this for Steph"?? comments....and sometimes she'll even see something and say "I think Steph would look good in this" or "this would go good with Stephanies black tights"....

Bottom line is you all need to sit down and talk and establish what the comfort zone is if there is in fact one and if you need to make compromises on her terms you may want to give that some serious consideration...a little is better than divorce court ...trust me on that one...been there in the past...not for dressing but for other issues....and it's not a fun place to be at all...unless you enjoy life changing events and not for the better!!!!

Simply ask her when she feels like it you'd like to hear what is on her mind and her thoughts on your dressing....and then just open the door and let her come and talk when she wants to....let her do it on her terms when she is ready...and not when you feel like it....

If she was OK with it for a while I'd think there is some ground here to compromise between the both of you....ah, the "three of you" I mean.

Good luck....

Stephanie
    Last edited by Sherry-Stephanie; 11-21-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I suggest you read this thread. It has a lot of good information in it and offers a perspective into the thought process of many GG's. But the bottom line is you need to talk to one another. Get the elephant out of the room.
    Couldn't access the thread you cited. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by sfwarbonnet View Post
    Couldn't access the thread you cited. Any suggestions?
    The link works for me . At any rate, it is a stickie thread in the Loved Ones section titled. "Now I Like It, Now I Don't." It is an excellent read.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    I have talked to a lot of wives of CDs. One of the recurring things that seems to happen often is that the crossdressing continues to escalate. The dressing in the house turns into going out, going out turns into increasingly greater monies spent on stuff, also concepts like going full time come into play.

I am not saying this is a given but it does appear to happen often. The perspective I hear all too often with wives is that I marred a man and that is what I want!!!

I'm a wife . I'm ok with it all. Are you still holding/ kissing her ... there for her physically WHEN she needs You?

Ya'll better talk.

Best,
    spring

My wife goes back and forth as well. We're going on about two years now that I came out to her. We have set some ground rules. Every so often something happens. Like my last business trip, once I was all packed, she went digging in my suitcase and found Wanda clothes. She still brings up that she thinks I want to transition. Also if there is ever a show on TV it is always about someone transitioning form male to female. There is very little to make the public aware and understanding of crossdressers.

Quote Originally Posted by WandaRae2009 View Post
    My wife goes back and forth as well. We're going on about two years now that I came out to her. We have set some ground rules. Every so often something happens. Like my last business trip, once I was all packed, she went digging in my suitcase and found Wanda clothes...
    I keep increasing my comfort zone by wearing women's attire more prominently, e.g. a bra and sheer pantyhose with shorts, pedal pushers, and pants. I keep pushing her limits with small steps, hoping that someday I can appear in public with her en femme.
    Last edited by sfwarbonnet; 12-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.

I would agree with keeping an open and honest dialog going with her , talking is the most important thing , find out what her needs, wants and desires are and try to fulfill them , my guess is that she will do the same in return.
    Good Luck
    Tomara

hi hun, any chance of you both sitting down and really talking and listening to each other .............. Holly gave you a good thread to read and there is another one if you click here >>>>>> [SIZE="4"]If we GG's could say anything/ The good and the Bad[/SIZE], it gives a lot of good insight into how we can feel about the whole CDing issues, and how we can sometimes enjoy and another day hate the whole thing ............ it has often been referred to as a roller coaster ride and sometimes it really feels like it.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Gold Member
    Remember; The Holidays are here, and the most fighting and family break-ups
    happen during the Holidays. Just go slow, and try to have a happy Holiday's
    Rader

Aspiring Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy23 View Post
    I dont really know what happened, but after 7 months of being able to dress how I wanted and her acting like she liked it the whole time. One day the truth just kinda came out and still coming out and I just feel so uncomfortable and vulnerable around her now. I want her to be happy with the way I am. But the only way I see her truly happy now is when I am wearing guy clothes. This 180 was such a fast turn around.
    Could be you were a little blinded by the pink fog and didnt see it? Mostly with my SO she has her moods, sometimes she just needs/wants the other me. I have/like to be constantly sensitive to that. With the help of all you and my therapy im looking for the right balance.

My wife did the same. When I told her many years ago, she didn't like it but as long as I didn't dress around her it was fine. Then a few years ago it because disgusting to her. But then again, she will give me a pair of pantyhose. Go figure. When I want to dress, she goes up stairs and I go down stairs.

Back it up a little. You are probably growing in the dressing to fast. Start over and talk with her. If you love her you will work it out.

what you have to decide is to do it her way or your way???

Silver Member
    So right.

No matter who or what, it's almost impossible for a woman to accept. I know, I know. Some do. There are ALWAYS exceptions. But in general, you are dreaming if you think your woman likes it. She doesn't. No way, no how.

Women want and marry MEN. And not men in a bra and panties. MEN. Strong, hairy, stinky, men. If she loves you she may try to accept. After all, that's what women do. They accept and love and nurture.

But at the end of the day, she may find it's just too much. I know for me it would be a deal breaker. I want a whole man, not a part time one. I think the successful unions are those where the CDer can maintain his masculinity withing the relationship in spite of his part time activity. And as soon as that "part time" activity looks like it's eating too far into the relationship, it's gonna be over.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by joyce483 View Post
    what you have to decide is to do it her way or your way???

Ermmm why can't they decide on a way that suits them both? Talking and being open with each other hopefully would help.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Is there a possibility that you started to take advantage of the situation which is very easy to do and i expect that most of us have done it at some point once we get what we see as the green light .
    As Sandra has said talking and being open with each other may find a way to suit you both as most marriages will work with a little give and take on both sides .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post

Women want and marry MEN. And not men in a bra and panties. MEN. Strong, hairy, stinky, men. If she loves you she may try to accept. After all, that's what women do. They accept and love and nurture.Stephenie
    not true Stephanie ................ I married the person not the man