Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know you are not a rocket scientist when....

You know you are not a rocket scientist when....

You try to dry your wigs in the dryer. Yes not one of my smartest moments. I decided to wash my wigs Wednesday night, figured might as well fill up the bathtub, and do them all- 10 in total. I put cold water in the tub, and used the wig shampoo I had bought at Janets Closet. Let them soak for 20 minutes and then rinsed them off. Was concerned about them not drying before wife got home, and didnt want to leave overnight in car so figured why not try the dryer on low heat. I placed them in a duffle bag and turned the dryer on. Well went back upstairs to do some computer stuff- cleaning out my itunes and forgot them. Rembered about 4o minutes latter, went downstairs and to my horror realized my duffle bag had come lose- the drawstrings and the wigs had falledn into the dryer. They looked like a bunch of poor shrunken furballs. Was not able to rewash them till friday, and they dont look any better. I have tried conditioning shampoo on them made for wigs and they look dead still. Over $500 worth of wigs down the tubes. Please tell me Im not alone! Anyone else done something silly that they want to admit. The only positive thing is that I can go wig shopping again!

OK let me get this out of the way....

"YOU DID WHAT"??????

Ok...

Sorry Hon...haven't heard that one before!!!!

Good news???? I see some new hair styles coming into your life very soon!!!!!

Sorry for your errrrrrr, "bad luck"....but next time air drying them might be a better choice!!!! But I guess you know that by now....
    Last edited by Sherry-Stephanie; 11-21-2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I have two solutions for you to make 'lemonade out of lemons'.

1) Go to a Star Trek convention and sell them as Tribbles!
    2) Put eyes and and mouth on mthem -- voila -- instant souvenir from the movie Gremlins!

Smile hun -- its happened to all of us. Like red panties getting tossed in the wash with my tighty whities when I was 15 and decided to do a load of laundry while my mum and dad were out. You know the rest....

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Can we say "synthetic"? Synthetic + heat = bad news. And if you read the instructions for a synthetic wig, you're not even supposed to wring them with your hands, let alone tumble dry.

1. Wash them gently in lukewarm water.
    2. Rinse thoroughly.
    3. Gently squeeze out excess water.
    4. Give them a gentle shake.
    5. Place on a towel to air dry. (You can use a fan to speed up the drying time.)

Btw, you can skip that high priced wig shampoo. Woolite works great.

Oh Gina, what a disaster and what a very good attitude that you have about it all. I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I wish you the best of luck in reconstructing your supply. Go slow and enjoy the new shopping experience. In the meantime keep trying and maybe you can save a couple of wigs.

Oh noes!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Wow.. I'm glad I didn't think of that first!! Sorry for your loss!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

It could have been worse, Gina!

U mite have used the microwave, or your OVEN!

Last add:
    Maybe u can put them in your trunk, and claim they were ruined on a hot day. Then, get reimbursed by your auto insurance?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thanks for the kind words and support in my time of mourning. The first thing i thought of when I saw them was the tribbles episode of Star Trek. Then i realized that they did look like afros for the lost pigmy tribe. I definitely have to laugh at myself for doing something so incredibly dumb, especialy cause I knew how to care for them. Sometimes my masculine brain takes over control and all that makes sense is more power more power! Im still hoping that a wig can be saved, but hey IM also still hoping that they bring back "BJ and the Bear". But the call of shopping is beginning to run through my veins. I may try to find myself a nice quality wig!

[SIZE=4]I am holding my tongue...[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Spray them with Endust and use them around your house. Your old feather duster might start singing " Baby come back" or "Love stinks".

Nope, best to follow the cleaning instructions. I'd say if you don't have time don't do them or just do one at a time.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I don't think so, Gina! Don't feel bad!

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    I definitely have to laugh at myself for doing something so incredibly dumb, especialy cause I knew how to care for them. Sometimes my masculine brain takes over control and all that makes sense is more power more power!
    Scottie and Captn Kirk aside, I was married for 10 years. And she was as fem as they come!
    She didn't wear wigs, but if she did, I'm CERTAIN she would have tried putting them in the dryer!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Single and loving it ;) alexis GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    They looked like a bunch of poor shrunken furballs.
    I would sooner deal with your kinda furballs than the kinda furballs I gotta deal with when owning 5 cats

sorry I know off topic
    Long gone

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Green View Post
    Spray them with Endust and use them around your house. Your old feather duster might start singing " Baby come back" or "Love stinks".
    That would be adding insult to injury! I hate those songs - thanks to those commercials!!!....

Oh yeah! Best not to hurrry--when wife expected soon--from now on, dry in my truck or garden shed. My wig came out rather fuzzy. But don't give up. Drop by a local salon or wig shop--they can probably rescue your pride and pull your adz out of the fire. At least try to wash them again--and dry them some other way.

It may be a good idea to check the lint filter.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Don't forget to clean out the lint trap... Lint + Wig hairs + Wife = trouble.

Insert Funny Line Here....

Oh dear my thoughts are just with you. Happy new wig hunting.
    "Don't hate, epilate"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you really need the wigs? Maybe it's a sign that you should begin using your real hair.
    That was my decision when my wigs became too much trouble.
    But then again, I'm full time and my hair is in pretty good shape. I did go blonde though.

Sorry for your troubles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Can't say I've done anything quite like that, but ...

I'm notorious in my house for washing clothes in hot water or drying them on high heat and shrinking / ruining things... so when I came out to my wife she made a point to mention that I needed to read the labels so I didn't ruin anything

Happy wig shopping!

VS Fan

Save yourself $500 and just grow your hair out silly. Still I feel for your ummm loss.We all have blond moments.

Amanda

Don't feel bad, I thought sneaking up behind my wife with a Gorilla mask on would be funny............... Lucky I still have the boys intact after that one!! (some times the 12 year old boy inside us all gets control for a moment.)
    Sally

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar

To error

To ERROR is human, to FORGIVE is Female,

"I am perfect I NEVER make mistakes, I thought I did once, but I was WRONG"
    JoanAz