Thread: How DO They Do That?

How DO They Do That?

Warning: Naïveté may be displayed in the following post.

Today in the bank there was one of the women, I think she was a supervisor, who was wearing a beautiful gray skirt that was sooooo tight that I, an experienced crossdresser, have no idea how she could move enough to walk. And she was trucking along on 4" stilettos.

In "Some Like It Hot" Sugar (Marilyn Monroe) walks past Jerry (Jack Lemon) as he is trying (and mostly failing) to walk in heels for the first time.

He says, "Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!"

How does someone move like that in a skirt that tight? Is it annoying to spend a full workday with your legs so tightly held together? What is she thinking? How does it feel?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    How does someone move like that in a skirt that tight? Is it annoying to spend a full workday with your legs so tightly held together? What is she thinking? How does it feel?
    "It's a whole different sex" probably sums it all up. The playing field really isn't level. Also, she's been practicing for a lONG time - so long that it's all completely natural to her. I've heard that they think the same thing about men-how do we manage to get around with all that stuff stuck down in our crotches...

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone
    [SIZE="2"]If you ever find out, send me the blueprints! Perhaps the nice lady is trying to interest you in some of the services she offers (at the bank, I mean!). Most likely she can’t wait to get home and get out of her tight skirt and into some jeans. I keep thinking of Carol Burnett in those “Mr. Tudball” sketches with Tim Conway, since she wore an extremely tight pencil skirt for her role as his secretary. I wonder if the whole idea is to keep your legs together? It must feel wonderful, but you knew I would say that…[/SIZE]

The skirt is probably made of stretch material so it looks tight without actually being all that tight.
    I have 2 knee length skirts like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    What is she thinking? Probably she is wondering why she wore such a tight skirt with such high heels.

How does it feel? That's the easy part. Buy a similar skirt and shoes to match and find out.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Micro roller blades on her heels...

Practice and mindset. Most of us non-genetics move big. That is how we were taught. Most GGs move small and flowing. We walk from the hips, they walk from the knees.

Best way to get a handle on all of this is ballroom dancing. Give it a whirl. It will teach you to move parts of your body that you didn't know moved and move in a tempo that you never knew existed.

I forgot about the Jack Lemmon line in some like it hot. I am going to watch it again tonight.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

LOL.Normally I would say it's all in the wrist but in this case, it's obviously all in the hips.

Persephone, while I was reading the post I pictured a very similar woman in my local bank. Then I saw you are in Southern California and I'm wondering if it's the same person!

I've always wondered the same thing--how exactly *do* they move around like that, and how much practice does it take?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    LOL .... yes, here's a link to the scene from the movie. Start paying attention at 1 min 15 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k812fxnpLAM

The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yeah, women have a different hip structure than we do, so it's easier for them to move with their legs closer together. Essentially their legs angle in a bit more than born-male folks if I've read correctly

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I'll bet it feels great. The skirt has to give a little if it is that tight.

interesting article

http://www.retroxotique.com/assets/0...%20Skirts.html

found this web site about tight skirts
    and yes would be interesting to spend a period of time in
    a tight skirt every day

Jean Ann

Silver Member
    OK had to get my 2 cents in. Women have a different pelvic structure than men. They also have longer legs for their height and there hip action is different. There are several sites you can Google about it.

Back eons ago in 62 I had a long below the knee wool skirt size 6 that was as tight as any I've seen. The really neat part was putting it on because I had to slide it up over my hips completely, pull my slip down then slide it down into place. It fit my hips very tight and I had to make sure that the lining slid down correctly with it. Did like that skirt! Suprising it was not that hard to walk in with heels. Driving in it was fun.

Get her phone number and I will interview her on your behalf and get back to you with a full report!

You can see the whole movie Friday on TCM

5:45 PM (Eastern) Some Like It Hot (1959)
    Two musicians on the run from gangsters masquerade as members of an all-girl band. Cast: Jack Lemmon, Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis. Dir: Billy Wilder. BW-121 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

and to answer how does it feel? Evidently Marvelous otherwise she would have been shopping at lunch for another skirt
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

How they Do THAT!

Same way u learn to do MOST things! Practice, practice, practice!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I think we've hit on the many reason she can do it. Practice, the anatomy of a wider pelvis and stretch in the skirt.
    One thing that really intrigues me (and somewhat frustrates me) about the better gender, is how it is Ok and sometimes required or encouraged for them to "Suffer" just to look great. That is where the slave to fashion phrase comes from. I know that when I dress I often try to include something that fits this category. Be it heels, a firm girdle, control top pantyhose or a tight piar of clip eariings. I find that doing this makes me connect better with my femme persona. Any others feel this way?
    This option isn't as avalable to males. Men's clothes are functional first and fashionable second with the necktie being the only exception I can think of.

Every place has their Mrs Wiggins. I see them everywhere!!!!

How DO They Do That?

I agree she been at it for a long time and she knows how to move her hips, also the skirt is probley of a streach material.

After dressing up for Halloween when I was in fifth grade I decided to try different female undergarments and other clothing just to see what it felt like. There was absolutely no erotica experienced at this time. Then one day I put on one of my sister's tight skirts...WOW! What a feeling! It was the first erotic feeling that I ever experienced while wearing feminine clothes. I was hooked on crossdressing from that point on. Somewhere in my early thirties I lost all erotic feelings for CDing but still love to do it whenever I can.
    The tight skirts worn back in the sisxties (it was a very, very popular look then) were not for the most part made of stretchable materials. In the winter time they were made of wool or a wool type material. Summer would find cotton skirts of that style. I myself always liked the confining feeling of a tight skirt. Most had what they called a kick-pleat at the hem in back of the skirt to aid in walking comfort.
    One advantage of a skirt of that nature was that it was very easy to sit in a lady-like position. Especially for a CDer. It did not allow your legs to 'spread' and with very little effort one could keep her legs together with ease because of the confining nature of the garment.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

seems a bit clear :)

How did she feel? She felt great! I bet you were not the only person looking at her! Just a bit attention-getting? Besides the mentally great feeling, that physical feeling of a tight skirt is super!

The heels make it easier in that skirt, ensuring shorter steps and accentuating the needed posture.

Ok, I bet at night she's tired. I also bet she'll think about doing it all over again the next day!

tina

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Micro roller blades on her heels...

Practice and mindset. Most of us non-genetics move big. That is how we were taught. Most GGs move small and flowing. We walk from the hips, they walk from the knees.

Best way to get a handle on all of this is ballroom dancing. Give it a whirl. It will teach you to move parts of your body that you didn't know moved and move in a tempo that you never knew existed.

I forgot about the Jack Lemmon line in some like it hot. I am going to watch it again tonight.
    Hooray for the ballroom suggestion. I have been taking lessons for about 2 years now. It really does help to make your walking more fluid, and making the hip movement easier. On top of that is is just good fun. I have mentioned this to others in here. It is great to see someone tout the unadvertised benefits of ballroom dance.

I know what it's like to get around in a really tight skirt and high heels.....EROTIC! I've been facinated by the combination since I was a pre-teenager, not surprisingly, when I started CDing. Since I retired, I've sewn up the side seams of a couple of my wife's cast-off knee-length skirts, and just love to wear them with my 5" stilettoes. It has to be when she's out, because she's anti-CD, but when she's away for the night, I wear one for the whole evening. I also need to really lace up my corset to get a small enough waist to fasten the skirt waist-band, so the feeling of restriction is all encompassing. I do walk around outside like that, but only when it's dark, and stepping over the threshold to get back in is certainly a challenge, as is climbing stairs. The technique is to do it sideways, bending the leading leg about 90 degrees at the knee. I also have to strap my shoes on before everything else, because I've no chance of bending down far enough to do it after, and that just increases the "helpless" feeling. Although I love my time in tight skirt/heels/corset, there's no way I could walk out in public dressed like that!

Tony