Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pick a decade

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah
    pick a decade
    [SIZE="2"]The first thing that came into my mind was the fashion of the 1920’s, but I had to think about it. It’s funny – I like the shapelessness of 20’s outfits, but I also adore Dior’s “New Look” after WWII, the latter being all shape! However, if I had to pick a decade, I’d go with the late 1900’s, preferably c.1908. You get the sheath-like dresses, albeit with a defined waist now and then, all with really fantastic hats! I would prefer Empire fashion (c. 1795-1800), but that’s another time, another place, and, I’m sure, another thread…[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I'd go with the Lauren Bacall look from the 1940's. The long blond hair, sexy eyes and flowing dresses.....not to mention silk stockings...that would be nice!

Now...if you want to get a futuristic look.....Ultraviolet!!!!!!!! Yeowwww! Yeah, I know....wrong century!
    Last edited by Miranda09; 11-23-2009 at 12:31 PM.

I'm with Stephanie S. ! Love the looks of the 50's - but wouldn't want to put up with the problems. But I look at it this way....
    Now-a-days I get it ALL! I have just gone to the mall and saw dresses that look right out of the 50's, they have short tennis skirts, slinky sequined cocktail dresses, pencil skirts, A-line skirts, pleats. Heck, a girl today can wear anthing from the past and she's called "retro". Wear something out of Glamour today and be trendy. Or (and I really hate to add this since I so much dislike them - ) or there are pants.
    So just give me today.
    (Knock a few years off both Stephanies please)

I would want the 60's. Clothing was more colorful and bright. Short skirts and tight fitting tops if not in a gogo dress, and boots up to the knees

The 90s -- miniskirts with opaque black hose, and lots of rayon.

i go with how girls my age dress in the present day. i love the club style way of dressing, emo hair style, a tight girl t-shirt, a pair of low rise jeans, pantyhose, nice Victoria Secret bra and a pair of DC shows.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    1950's - 1960's. Sheer blouses, seamed ff nylons, girdles, garter belts, even mini skirts.

I would say the 80's and 90's What I miss the most are those skin tight jeans.

I'm stuck in the 50's. Love the stockings and garter belts. And my favorite--petticoats.

The 1940s and early 50s. Garterbelts, girdles, and stockings with seams were so sexy. I love the feel of a full slip, and I would like to see myself in a bullet bra.

As much as I enjoy the historical turbulence and fashion trends of the 1940's through to the 1960's I would have to choose the "high-end" 1990's look. I would love to dress corporate perhaps like the "power women" of the time.

Astrid

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Well for it would been the 60s, then 80s/90s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

The Brady Bunch era. Marsha Marsha Marsha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

I would have loved to have been a woman in the flapper era (20's). The soft shapeless dresses, braless looks, fun and carefree attitudes and the music to go with it. The soft satiny flowing dresses, some with the tassles and frills, are to die for. And, don't forget the little tight fitting hats! Sexy and fun.

Former Member
    The 1980's.

Big hair
    Short skirts
    High heels
    Bright colors
    Spandex

Women's clothing really showed off a woman's "assets" back then.

The 60's....The decade of the mini skirt

Or the 80's...I love anything from the 80's especially the cars, music and womens fashions

Aspiring Member

Oh Beaver!!!!

The 50's do it for me.....I always wanted to see what Donna Reed & Barbara Billingsly wore under those shirtwaist dresses!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    It would have to be the 20's or the roaring 20's to be exact. The black bottom, skirts high, and don't forget the hats. Speak easys.
    Even though it was a depression era like now. People had fun no matter what. Not like today.
    Summer
    Historical note: there was no depression in the 20s! It was the Roaring Twenties, not unlike the 90s. The "roar" was from the big money and the big parties and the big cars and the big sub-machine guns to protect it all... Fashion quieted down in the 30s when the depression hit-subdued elegance became the thing. Maybe we'll get back to that now too, I hope.

i would stick with the 2000s cause there are some really beautiful outfits out there along with a wide selection of different bikini styles.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

I'll go with the sixties. 1963 to 1969. When I was a little kid I wanted to look like Ginger on Gilligan's Island(Tina Louise)Other sixties women I wanted to look like were Dusty Springfield and Sandie Shaw. I read cosmo,mademoiselle and Vogue when no one was around. I remember sometimes they would do extensive articles about outrageous designer clothes being modeled in London,Paris and New York.

[SIZE="2"]This is a hard question for us stuck back here in the 1800's.......
    But if your going to drag {no pun intended} me into the 20th century I would have to go with the roaring 20's, love the flapper dresses and the hats......
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by NV Susan; 11-29-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Changed the 19th century to the 20th to get the 1920's into the correct century!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

The 1950's. Bouffant skirts and dresses. Also, girls didn't instantly change into pants when they got home from school.

Karen Sue

i didnt look at anyone elses response per the instructions but i too would like the 40s or maybe the 50s...

the teacher in 'october sky' (laura dern) had such a super hot outfit with that sweater and slim slim skirt...

ive seen pictures of my mom from the 50s (graduated from HS in 52) in those same type clothes...

EVERY woman wore stockings and garters or girdles, skirts or dresses and a 2"-3" heel. even if they were stay at home moms (as far as i know, i was born in '65)...

there were only a few years in the 40s that they didnt have stockings and that was until nylon was perfected in order to replace the silk stockings that were being commandeered for powder bags and the such for the military...

Quote Originally Posted by camilladepp89 View Post
    i would stick with the 2000s cause there are some really beautiful outfits out there along with a wide selection of different bikini styles.
    The 2000's are quite nice also. I would love to achieve a high-end "Manhattan" look with coats and scarves.

Astrid
    "Chuck, you know that I adore all of God's creatures and the metaphors that they inspire, but those butterflies have got to be murdered!" - Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl "Seventeen Candles")

which decade?

I have to say the fifties. When girdles were girdles with garters on them. Stockings were full fashioned. Garterbelts were for casual dressing and bras were pointy. Not to mention the straight skirts..
    Today we can't go out in a dress or skirt without being looked at as odd.
    What kind of fun can we have as a CD if we wear pants and mens shirts.
    Ah to go back to 50's
    Janet