Thread: My really big news!

Arrow My really big news!

Hi Everyone,

A big change has come into my life. My wife of 8 years & I are getting a divorce, it was a mutual decision and we are parting as friends.

There are many reasons why our relationship is over, and honestly one of the reasons is that I’m a cross dresser. I came out to my wife over two years ago when I realized that cross dressing was something more than an occasional hobby to me; thanks to the support of this community for all the help and advice I received on the pros and cons of coming out to a spouse; I was at least somewhat prepared to face the inevitable.

She has never seen me dressed, but she was completely closed to the concept and has proved over time that she could never learn to accept it. I had to hide everything about my CDing from her, which was very difficult for me, and I felt guilty and bad for dressing behind her back. This just wasn't going to work for me long term, I was miserable and depressed about it, and there was nothing I could do to fix it. No matter how patient I was; no matter how much I tried to educate her about it, nothing worked and our relationship dissolved slowly over the past two years. It’s sad in a way, that we couldn’t work things out because I really did try everything I could, but eventually I had to realize that she wasn’t going to change and I wasn’t willing to give up cross dressing and she wasn’t willing to compromise at all.

I will point out that I didn’t tell her about my CDing before we were married. Although this is true, at the time we started dating, I purged my stuff, and I whole-heartily through myself into our relationship thinking that I was done with cross dressing for good since I now had a partner I could dress up and enjoy instead. Over a period of years I realized that she wasn’t into wearing lingerie and around that time is when I started to dress again and slowly built a new wardrobe to satisfy my feminine urges.

Being a cross dresser in our society is not an easy road to travel; it can dramatically alter your life circumstances, either over time or all at once.

My life has definitely changed over time, but I am happy to say that the conclusion of my relationship is for the best. If we can’t be happy together, I would prefer us to be happy apart. I don’t think it's right to stay in a relationship that is not working for either spouse. Our marriage was turning into a life sentence, reduced to a routine devoid of connection and intimacy. I though it was better to end things mutually while we could still part as friends, rather than wait until a major event came along that would add additional stress and drama to the decision. It was obvious to us both that counseling could not fix the fundamental differences between us. Partly I think we grew apart and partly we weren’t that compatible from the start, but it’s hard to figure this all out at the beginning of a relationship when your vision is colored by love and infatuation. We had many great years together and that’s what I will choose to remember.

“One door has closed; and another doorway awaits…”

Ultimately, I feel that I can now begin to be true to myself more instead of hiding out of a closet. In the past few weeks since she moved out, I have felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, even though I face an entirely new set of challenges in my life as I move forward.

Can anyone relate to my circumstances? Would anyone like to share their thoughts? Thanks girls!
    Eve

Do something special for yourself today. You deserve it!

Sweety, I'm so happy for you. To make things short, my ex SO/Gf was ok with it in the beginning, but circumstances down the road changed things.

Now that I'm single, I dress pretty much WHENEVER I please. We didn't have any children thankfully. I'm now in a situation where due to the economy I had to close my small business (VW Mechanic) and have pretty much decided that it will be only a matter of time before I change careers and live 24/7 as a woman.

Now it's your turn to shine!!!! Be the person you want to be. And take your time finding a partner whether male or female that will accept you for your inner and outer beauty. I happen to like men so I'm now taking applications for boyfriends. Hehe.

I'm not going to wish you luck, because I believe you're already on the right path.

Love,

Monica.

Have you considered this marriage was doomed from the start considering your mind set: [...] since I now had a partner I could dress up and enjoy instead.

You weren't looking for a partner sounds like you were looking for Barbie instead.

That said maybe you both will have a real shot at happiness apart.

Yippie happy days to you hon.

yep, sounds like you are there. Ready to give yourself permission to be happy. You've waited to long to spend any more time being unhappy with who you are! Carol

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedark View Post
    Have you considered this marriage was doomed from the start considering your mind set: [...] since I now had a partner I could dress up and enjoy instead.

You weren't looking for a partner sounds like you were looking for Barbie instead.

That said maybe you both will have a real shot at happiness apart.

Yippie happy days to you hon.
    Also, living vicariously through the life of a woman is one of the manifestations of a TS. I did. Carol
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 11-22-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: merged - please use the multi post button