Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's dominant in your relationship?

Out of me and my partner I'd be inclinded to say I have the more dominate personality as in imagine I'd be the person you'd notice first between us but as far as the relationship goes we are very much on equal footing.

Out of the pair of us, I'm more assertive. I have no trouble asking for what I want or need. I'm much more extroverted, optimistic and more likely to call someone out on their behaviour.

Where as he is quieter, thinks everything through, and if he is upset will hold it in and dwell on it. He is very good at making plans, and I know I can completely trust and depend on him.

We make an awesome team, and each of our strengthens and weakness' balance each others out.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    each of our strengthens and weakness' balance each others out.
    That's the ticket, innit?

My wife let's me be dominant most of the time unless I do or say something that she doesn't agree with, which is most of the time. LOL Really, though, she and I fret over everything together. She's always been a woman that men seek out for guidance and feel comfortable as a peer. She identifies with them and they respect her but is consumately feminine. I've always been one to be just as comfortable with a gaggle of girls as with my few guy friends on a typical guy outing. We're really well together in that way.

I would like to say me and my wife are equal in are relationship,but her mother instilled vaules in her that i find dated and i dislike them.

1 the man is souposed to control all the money I would expect any woman to become up set at that but she seem's to prefer it,odd so i dom there

2 house work is the womans job while the man of the house watch's sport's,again i say WTF

3 you have to ask your man permission to leave the house,"me and her mother had it out over that one actully" she said i didnt care about her if i didnt make her ask to leave the house with out me.

we are both equal in "evening affiar's" i prefer submission but dom from time to time :P

we both sit dont and work out are monthly food list,and budget for the month. I guess we are a good balence of give and take as we both get along well with are house set up
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainie
    There was a post a while back about someone's SO who was upset about her husband being a CD, because she wanted someone who could 'top' her--by which I thought she meant "be the dominant person in the relationship". I guess that a lot of GGs expect, even desire, to be subordinate to their husbands, and might find that inconsistent with crossdressing.
    [SIZE="2"]Well, I’m not in a relationship at the moment, but, once upon a time…

I had a girlfriend who insisted we were totally equal in our relationship, but I would yield to her – she enjoyed being “on top.” In retrospect, I think she was egging me on from time to time for a reaction, but I willingly side-stepped her attempts. At the time, I was crossdressing behind her back, enjoying the suppression of my male-ness, so this had an effect on our relationship. I liked not being dominant for a change, and she took advantage of it…

I had another girlfriend who expected me to be male, period. She was so feminine I actually stopped crossdressing completely, letting her play girly-girl to my boy. Obviously, she wanted me to be on top in our relationship, so I reluctantly took on this unhappy role. I was miserable, but not really paying attention to the consequences, so I became less and less “me” over time. I managed to escape this cage of my own making, but at a steep price…

I saw the first girlfriend I mentioned again, just a few years ago – she still insists on domination. That came as no surprise, since she once told me that all our personality traits are in place by the age of seven. I was going to challenge that theory, but she sat on me… [/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Let me go ask my wife and find out!!
    That is exactly the way a good, loving marriage should be! Even if Karren did say it with tongue in cheek and fingers crossed behind her back!

My late wife and I were equals, except that she was a female and I was a male! And yes, she was a darn sight prettier then I could ever hope to be! But I was a better mechanic!

BTW, my crossdressing did not in any diminish my sexual activities. In fact, My dear wife liked to have sex with Stephanie, only with her as the man!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 11-24-2009 at 09:40 PM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Yes! But she lets me think I have the control in the house
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think it's pretty obvious to all who know me and my wife that she is the leader and I am the follower. However, we always discuss important things together and we always seem to agree on everything ... but we both know that she is the boss in the relationship and the final decision will always be hers not mine.
    We both like it this way, because not being in control stresses her out and I'd rather not be a "decision maker" as it stresses me out!

Also, she's much smarter than me, she's much more attractive than me, and she always seems to know what's best for me and best of all being taken care of makes me feel loved
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Best answer!