Does your SO accept your TGism?

How does your SO show her acceptance?

Do you think your SO should do more?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

1. Yes, my wife accepts my CDing.

2. She buys me things, suggests new looks, helps with make-up sometimes.

3. You should never expect your SO to do more than they are comfortable with doing. If you try to push them to do more, you are more than likely only going to push them away. Allow them to work within their own comfort zone when it comes to your TGism, it is not all about you after all, there are two people in the relationship.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Does my SO accept my CD'ing?-No How does she show it?-Left to go live in NY.Could she do more?-I dont think so.
    Kimmy 55

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    No.
    No,
    Yes.

I'm hopeful, though, that she's going to start coming around a little. She's going to be getting some information soon that I *hope* eventually brings her to acknowledging it...which is the first step toward acceptance.

Baby steps.

Keep your fingers crossed!
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Yes

Encourages me to dress more often

No

Every female I have ever been involved with has accepted Lori as part of me, so yes

Buying things for Lori, shopping with Lori, going "out" with Lori (wondering why Lori speaks in third person) and on some occasions have intimate relationships with Lori (Ok Ok sex)

I don't expect any person who I am involved with to go beyond just being there and having a good time, enjoy the moment. Often they are the ones who think they should do more but it isn't the case
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

1. yes
    2. Allows me time to dress. Has bought me ear rings and given me jewlery and clothing.
    3. Does not wish to be fully around me when I'm dressed, so stays upstairs. I would love to have a normal interaction when dressed.

Very accepting

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post

She accepts and supports me. She prefers to dress in a masculine manner.

We go out together and also enjoy intimacy while I'm dressed.

There is nothing more she needs to do.

Yes my So (wife) accepts my TGism,
    My wife shows her acceptance by buying me things, giving me her opinion on things like clothes When i ask for it , allowing me to wear what i like when i like , standing up for me if someone says anything about my dressing habits, asking me if i want any of her clothes that she no longer wants (but they are always to small for me) Nice thought thou , and never makes me feel uncomfortable how ever i am dressed,( which can be a bit unusual some times).
    No i do not think that my SO (wife) could do more, in fact i wish some times she would do less as it gets a bit embarrassing for me(as i am a very shy and quite person) when we are in a shop and she holds something up and says "is`t that like the one you already have.

Oh this word TGism , does that mean i am now a TGism`est
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

1. No.....
    2. N/A.. See #1
    3. Not really... If she wants to do more fine.... If not fine too.. Its my hobby and I really don't require her help or input...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

She will allow me to dress, then without notice throw everything out. This is the hard part but then will allow me to buy more and even help. She doesn't like it when I do nails, and makeup.

Does your SO accept your TGism? yes she does

How does your SO show her acceptance? She help's me to pick out out fit's and does my nail's. we also talk alot about what it is that i feel and that's a huge help in the day to day when im in drab or in dress

Do you think your SO should do more? not unless she want's to.Im not going to force it down her throat,she is very excepting and thats way more then most get so im greatful
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    1. Yes
    2. Allows me to dress whenever I want with no restrictions. Borrows my clothes without asking (not that I'm complaining).
    3. No, she is the textbook definition of an accepting wife who shows unconditional love towards her CDing husband.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

8rys, going on walkabout
    1 Over time it has grown, so yes.
    2. She buys things for me occasionally, or suggests that I dress.
    3. No, At this time I would rather her do what she feels as she feels. Earlier on, When I thought I was going slow, but was forcing it upon her, I would've said yes.

Aspiring Member

Yes,Yes & yes

1-She's very accepting & encourging

2-She help me with everything

3- The only thing the kinda bugs me is that she interacts with me exactly the same in Girl or Boy mode. But don't get me wrong, I'm counting my blessings!!!

Yes, before we were married, she went to TRI-ESS meetings with me (including my first one) to learn what this was all about. She gave me my first wig, and took me on my first outing, saying "Joni needs to feel the sun on her face". She encouraged me to spend a day with her out and about dressed on our vacation at Niagara Falls and rode one leg of our train trip dressed.

My wife has done for me far more than I ever dreamed. That doesn't mean she hasn't had issues with my crossdressing. She has told me in the past she wished that I did not want to crossdress, but she has always shown nothing but acceptance from the begining. We worked out boundries and groundrules from the start and I have always let her lead with her comfort level and in our relationship it has worked out wonderful. When she has had an issue she will always say, "Well it's not like you didn't tell me from the begining".

So no, I do not expect her to do more. She has already done far more than I ever dreamed.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Acceptance? I wish.

1. No.
    2. Nothing, flat out refusal.
    3. Even an "I just don't want to see it" level of tolerance would be a forward step. Not going to get that either.

Acceptance? not at all....she might say she tolerates...because she hasn't walked out or anything.....
    So much has been said about communication....but each has to want to listen...there is a point at which talking just makes things worse, I don't need to hear again that there is no way I will ever be accepted or understood....
    soooo, what could she do? Absolutely nothing! I've accepted myself (not easy) and have given up on her, at least as far as wishing for something that just is not there.....it would just be nice someday to just be with someone who likes me all the way....

Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    3- The only thing the kinda bugs me is that she interacts with me exactly the same in Girl or Boy mode. But don't get me wrong, I'm counting my blessings!!!
    Not to highjack the thread, but would you mind expanding on this a little (for us GGs)?

Ideally, how might your wife interact differently with you in Girl or Boy mode?

Thanks for answering this.
    Reine

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    1. Yes
    2. Allows me to dress whenever I want with no restrictions. Borrows my clothes without asking (not that I'm complaining).
    3. No, she is the textbook definition of an accepting wife who shows unconditional love towards her CDing husband.
    Ditto!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Does she accept it? well, yes and no, But I dont consider myself TG, I'm a crossdresser.. TG means I am more female than male, and I think I'm more feminine than masculine.. but not necessarily a FEMALE.. I mean, at least right now, I dont want to go FULL ON GIRL MODE and go out.. tried it, not really liking it.. it wasnt me.. I just like wearing pink and lace and pretty clothes.. and dresses and skirts and .. umm. where was I? Oh yeah..

Well, she first had told me she didnt mind the panties, but didnt want to see the bra or anything else.. She did find my camera had some pics I thought I deleted, of me i a skirt and blouse.. she didn't say anything, but left the camera where I would know she saw them.. lately she is being more accepting, by rubbing my back when I'm wearing a nightie, and kinda enjoying the feel...

I would love for her to help me shop for nice feminine stuff.. That would be icing on the cake..

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    1. Yes
    2. She is actively teaching me how to be feminine, how it is to grow up as a girl, and critiques me (gently) every time Tina comes to visit. She is totally honest with my questions about how "this or that" went during the visit. She tries incredibly hard to help separate Tina from my male self (not always easy). I always ask her opinion as the times I haven't Tina has done something that a 10-year old might in terms of style or fashion decisions!
    3. I can't imagine what more there might be, but if there is more it's likely she'll think of it long before I will!

and yes, I couldn't be happier!

tina

Yes.
    Buys me things. Let's me dress when I want.
    Yes, active participation.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar

Absolutely, my current girlfriend (who is the total opposite of the way that my ex wife was) accepts it 100%.

Shops with me, buys me things, dresses with me, helps me with my hair and nails, goes out with me dressed, has let her kids, family and friends know about me, does not mind me dressing around her most of the time, has no issue with me going to bed dressed in women's night clothes, buys me lingerie...need I say more?

I don't think she can do more than her total acceptance of who I am.

Perhaps a footnote is in order here. This is such a good question because had this been asked of me a few years ago it would have been:

1. No
    2. Nothing
    3. Everything

My ex wife was completely against my transgenderism 100%. My girlfriend, enjoys and shares it with me. I never thought that this would be possible, but it is a dream come true. Never in my wildest dreams, after splitting with my wife, did I believe that I would finally get to a stage in life where I could dress when and how I please and be with someone who is so comfortable with this side of me while also having so many other levels of compatibility besides the cross dressing side of who I am.
    Last edited by melissacd; 11-12-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Neither of my ex's accepted. Showed it in court when they each got the house.