Thread: I am thinking I don't love the parts, just the sum

I am thinking I don't love the parts, just the sum

More "I'm a tourist in this land" thoughts:
    I don't enjoy shopping per se, I don't go gaga over particular items of clothing or makeup. It's just a means to an end.

I'm meeting a woman I met at last weekend's party tomorrow; still trying to decide whether or not I'll be introducing her to my male self or Aleshia, who's all she's met so far...not that my personality changes. She already invited me to dinner at her house Saturday night, but I was sore from the cincher and shoes and needed a day to myself.

I know, I know, there are many types of crossdresser. I'm starting to get a picture of this being like a music forum where some are into jazz, some classical and some pop, and some...you get the idea. The answer is always...'that depends on you' to any particular question! Some people like to talk hand independence and some like to talk cool shoes!

Has anyone heard this song by Suzanne Vega?
    http://www.last.fm/music/Suzanne+Vega/_/As+Girls+Go

“As Girls Go”

You make a really good girl
    As girls go
    Still kind of look like a guy
    I never thought to wonder why

If I could pull this off
    Would I know for certain
    The real situation
    Behind the curtain

So beautiful
    damsel in distress
    Not exactly natural
    Stunning none the less

What happened to you?
    To make you more girl than girls are
    Would you ever show or tell
    Cause you’re so good so far

As girls go [X5]

Let’s chronicle
    The dark side of the life
    Did you ever keep the date
    With the steel side of the knife

Doesn’t matter to me
    Which side of the line
    You happen to be
    At any given time

As girls go [X5]

If I fit into one gender that much better than the other I'd never show anyone the minority partner...... But I'm caught squarley inbetween... Not really passing well as either..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Vega

As I recall I like almost all of that CD er record
    Ah you know what I mean
    Cat

@Karren:
    I'm in the rather unique position of being asked out by a woman who's bisexual that's only met me as Aleshia. Not that she's under any illusions...she has many gender-fluid friends and embraces all of their personas. I'm quite pleased to have stumbled upon these people.

But I must say, it never once occurred to me that a woman into women might be attracted to a man dressed as a woman.
    I keep getting my paradigms altered this month.

That is a find!!! I'd give you a pair of dimes to tag along! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If you just met and want to get to know her better, maybe not such a great idea to burst the bubble until she asks to see your other half and you get to know her better.

thanks for the song!

and as for the lady, just get to know her. If you like her, let her know. If you remain curious about what she wants from you, eventually she will tell you, one way or the other.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Well, I just talked to my friend; I'm about to take a shower and meet her for coffee. I cautioned her that I'll be in guy mode and she said, "Sure. I remember that you're Aleshia as a girl and ___as a guy."

I love women! I could hardly sleep last night (hence my posting in the middle of the night), and when I did, I dreamed I held her in my arms.

Getting ahead of things a bit, aren't I?

She sounds like a keeper. Let us know how coffee turns out.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

It was a good day! She and I had a great time. She ended up in my lap again outside at a table...I gave her a foot massage too (not at the same time.) She's coming over tomorrow so i can show her my video/music studio and help her post some resumes online. We compared notes on what it's like being a cd vs. being a lesbian...unwanted approaches from men, a mutual preference to affection vs. sex. I told her I was fantasizing about holding her all night and she said she would love that!
    She's such an affectionate woman. It felt so natural to hug each other, etc. And my being my normal guy self didn't ever come up once. She told me her girlfriends were all happy to meet me. I think the past few years of working with a predominantly female set of coworkers has made me a better person for a woman to be around. Somehow I have relaxed about pushing sexual stuff - something I always knew was right but had a hard time keeping in kind. But now...with all these changes in my life, I'm trying too hard to process everything to think about sex...my sex drive is down to an idle after years of overdrive. It's kind of a relief. It's still there, but it's not constantly bugging me, tempting me to flirt too hard. I like it!

After that, I went over to Victoria's (the professional cd-helper) to bring back a trench coat she nicely loaned me last weekend, pick up the video equipment that I used to record my makeover, and drop off some size 10 forms that we jointly agreed were too much for me unless I was going to be wearing a viking helmet and singing opera. Paid $90 on ebay - she thinks she can consign them for me for that much no problem.

Then we hung out in the back yard with her partner and her housemate. I told her about my night out last Friday. She told me in the eleven years she's been doing this, no one has ever gone directly from their first makeover to a public place. It made me feel pretty good!

Her housemate and I got to talking...turns out she's legally a she...and she has four brothers and a bunch of football buddies that have all accepted her with no problems.

Just affirmation after affirmation today! It was even a rare sunny day for the northwest.

Now if these damn razor bumps would just go away..

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Oh Aleshia!

My oh my, does this one sound great!! I wish you fond times of chasing and being chased (whether or not you're chaste ). I do remember the dating dance well. It has its ups and downs, but getting to know someone on that level can be precious.

It's so sad that you are the first one to go to a public place after a makeover with Victoria. What a waste.

Kathi

Meet her as a guy but take Aleshia in the trunk should you decide it might be more fun. This girl seems to like both sides, that's good for you. Be yourself