Thread: Momma's don't your babies grow up to be cowboys

Momma's don't your babies grow up to be cowboys

The other day my wife and I were in a TGIF’s grabbing a quick bite to eat. There was a group of women at the other table who apparently had just gone wedding dress shopping and were looking at photo’s of dresses, smiling, laughing and just generally bonding over a special event in their friends life.
    My wife and I were both amused by them, I said to my wife, “I like women, they’re wonderful beings” My wife relied, somewhat defensively,

“yeah yeah I know, and you want to be one”

This caught me off guard, I only had a minute to reply and this is what I said

“ I admire women, but I also admired cowboys. Sometimes I like to wear jeans, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. I like to go to rodeos on occasion, and I like cowboy movies.

But I have no plans to move to Montana and buy a ranch.”

I can't resist:
    Are you on any cowboy forums?

Quote Originally Posted by aleshiabaum View Post
    I can't resist:
    Are you on any cowboy forums?
    Good point...no

"Moving to Montana soon.... ". Get out the zircon encrusted tweezers.... Love Frank Zappa... I'm on a Ford Pickup truck forum as Karren... And a ice hockey forum.... Lol. A cowboy forum could be fun!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

very nice quick thinking. well said I think
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    Good point...no
    First off, love the post and am impressed by your ability to think on your feet. I'm interested in how your wife responded? Did she lower her slight defenses?

Having said that, I don't think it's a good point because the reason you have to be on a forum like this to begin with is because being a crossdresser is shunned where as pretending to be a cowboy isn't. And if you'd started with "I like cowboys" your wife wouldn't have gotten defensive.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Thanks for the response Ryan,

Her response was to abruptly change the subject which is normal when it comes to cding

Just to clairify the point I was trying to make; One can admire, study, enjoy, and even imitate a lifestyle without actually joining, in this case I meant becoming a woman.

I'm kinda partial to Cow Girls myself Hon. Especially a good lookin' "Boss Lady" on a ranch.

If you can afford to buy a ranch in Montana and this marriage thing doesn't work out, please be sure and look me up. I'm waaayy more flexible.