Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber band Friday's

Smile Rubber band Friday's

From reading a few threads here about this, there seems to be no real standard for the color and size and which wrist to wear it on.

How about this...
    They usually bundle broccoli with a wide rubber band. Here in my area, it's usually green and about 1/2'' to 3/4'' wide.
    We could wear it on the right wrist as most people wear a watch on the left.

So what do y'all think? Should we make this happen? Or am I just
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is there a risk that people will mistake us for vegetarians?
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    Is there a risk that people will mistake us for vegetarians?
    Won't happen, I have a set of deer antlers mounted to the hood of the car like the bull horns on the caddy in "Smokey and The Bandit". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Michele View Post
    Won't happen, I have a set of deer antlers mounted to the hood of the car like the bull horns on the caddy in "Smokey and The Bandit". LOL
    This is getting expensive! Now I'm going to need to buy a broccoli, a car and a set of deer antlers just so that people know I crossdress!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Crossdressing IS an expensive hobby or addiction.

I don't like broccoli can we use something else?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I don't like broccoli can we use something else?
    How about asparagus?

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    We could feed the deer the brocolli then flip him on the nose with the rubber band and just enjoy being anonymous CDs who have a special world to relate to here in the 'net. Or we might consider the hula hoop as part of our fashion statement as they are making a come back. Just kidding, girls.

What you need to do her is to set up a voting poll with such things as the frequency, day, which hand and what color and go with the concensus. I'm all for that. I'd just love to meet some of my sisters out there and they would know me, too, by our code.

XXs to all
    Mickey

I know what they are trying to do Sandra but I think it's probably just a helluva lot easier to come "out" and be yourself. This stuff is kinda confusing. It's like trying to "pass" and accomplishing nothing for the community if you do. As my brother used to say:"Beyond!".

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Why not just have a rubber band braclet like people are wearing and have it say CD that way you cant deny it when someone asks you about it. you know like the WWJD braclets.and all of the foundations have. any color would do.

we would need several variations then, CD, TG, TS, DQ, MID (men in dresses), and "I dunno". Have you ever worn one of those bracelets and had someone grab your wrist to read it? "What's that on your wrist?" *reads it* "That is so dated..Blueray is in now".

Denise has the idea. If you wear the band you must want someone to "know" why not just let everyone know....so much easier.

I still see a sequel movie with Tom Hanks here "Yes there is this secret organization, so secret that even the government doesn't know who is in it. They identify themselves by (ominous music) rubber bands."
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm thinking Pandora's bracelets ... One rubber band to which one can attach more rubber bands over time, each a different colour denoting CD, TV, TS, MID (love that one!) etc.

Also fruit charms.

There is money to be made!

In another thread, I suggested a black rubber band. The reason, I like black is because, we all like a black dress. I know, black is usually associated with death or bad things, but not if we associate it differently. Pink, yellow, red already have other meanings. I see people wearing those already. I also say if you see someone that you think is a CDer, snap it on your wrist, play with the rubber band etc. Then the other person will know.

I don't want it to be something that the whole world will know. I don't want any of my friends, to be suspicious and ask. I want this to be a "secret handshake" thing. Only CDer's would know what this meant.

What do you think of my ideas?

Why don't we all just dress and not wear wigs. That way everyone knows

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I know what they are trying to do Sandra but I think it's probably just a helluva lot easier to come "out" and be yourself. This stuff is kinda confusing. It's like trying to "pass" and accomplishing nothing for the community if you do. As my brother used to say:"Beyond!".
    Yea, I'm already out 24-7, but I thought that if others wanted to be known to those of us that know or are, it could be a simple sign. That is, of course, for the ones that want others to know who they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We could have rubberbands to signify certain levels of cding. One color for closet cd's another color for cders out of the closet and so on. Another step would be a pink key chain fob. Help me girls, I'm not sure what the grand poo-bah of cding would wear.hehe

rubberbands

hi ladys i was outshoping with my wife,daughtinlaw,and my 3granddaughters. i seen a youg person that had their leftwrist full of bands. i didnt say anything to her because i didnt have anyon.but iwas wearing my wifes midriese blue jeans,my bra,a girls tanktop and a gue shirt over them. my in law kind of outed me because she asked if i was wearing girl jeans and i said yes.my wife just looked at me didnt say a word about itthen. when we got home she told me to take them off so i wouldnt ruin them.she knows i wear pantys thats all i think, now she knows ill wear everything i can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    We could have rubberbands to signify certain levels of cding. One color for closet cd's another color for cders out of the closet and so on. Another step would be a pink key chain fob. Help me girls, I'm not sure what the grand poo-bah of cding would wear.hehe

The grand poo-bah could get the barbie doll imunity idolsafe from elimination,,,,,,,

Amanda

For me any rubber band will do on the left wrist. In my local bar yesterday and an off duty mailman came in with a rubber band on his left wrist. What do you think?

kathyw you are so lucky to be able to wear your wifes clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    For me any rubber band will do on the left wrist. In my local bar yesterday and an off duty mailman came in with a rubber band on his left wrist. What do you think?
    As answered before, mail carriers/workers use them to bundle mail.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

How does one respond when someone asks about the rubber band. Those of us in the closet will stay in the closet, those who are out may or may not give an honest response. This leads to the questions, "What is the purpose of wearing a rubber band and how will it benefit us?"
    How does one ask another about the rubber band? "I see by your rubber band that you are a crossdresser." may be a bit too direct.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    Why don't we all just dress and not wear wigs. That way everyone knows
    yeah!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

i dont

i didnt have a clean pants so i used hers. the rest is mine

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I don't want to get all technical and all ... but my wrists are larger than the broccoli bands will fit on !

Also ... if you aren't pretty "out", what will you do if someone asks you about it ?
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.