Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living with some fear; the end of marriage because of CDing

If you google common reasons for divorce, you will get the following major causes:

• Poor communication
    • Financial problems
    • A lack of commitment to the marriage
    • A dramatic change in priorities
    • Infidelity
    • Failed expectations or unmet needs
    • Addictions and substance abuse
    • Physical, sexual or emotional abuse
    • Lack of conflict resolution skills

My own marriage of 30 years failed for 8 of the above 9 reasons. My ex is not TG. I suspect that when a marriage that involves CDing fails, it is because there are quite a few of the above issues present as well.

There is only one cause above (the dramatic change in priorities), which might describe the CDing. But, a partner can CD and let his wife know their marriage and family life is still very much a priority.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by RobynP View Post
    One of the things you can do is to share your fear with your wife. I think you NEED to share your fear with your wife. The purpose of the sharing is not to hear her say that you have nothing to be afraid of... She doesn't have to say anything at all... She, too, may have the same fear but is unwilling or unable to express it...
    We've talked about this many times. There's basically nothing we keep from each other in any respect. Our lines of communication are _very_ wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by RobynP View Post
    By sharing your fears, your dreams, your hopes, and your thoughts with your wife your partnership is strengthened and issues don't seem as large and threatening when you are working TOGETHER.

Keeping your fears inside you allows them to become larger than they really are and will eventually drive the wedge between you that you want to avoid.
    Very wise words!

It may help to verbalize your feelings and thoughts; I agree with some of the others who wrote that your crossdressing, in itself, is not likely to be the reason for the disintegration of your marriage. keep working to make the marriage strong.
    warmly, Linnea