Thread: A man's dying wish in theory!

A man's dying wish in theory!

I have thought about this and I am not sure why but it is an interesting question because it certainly could be a possibility someday.

If I was confronted with the painful reality of dealing with a terminal illness a number of things had crossed my mind as to what I would want to do if given the opportunity and the things that I certainly would do without question is to continue to work because I would not want to be treated any differently but I would probably arrange to work 4 days rather than 5 days so I could spend more time with my family.

I already have life insurance in place and I would make sure I had a will in place.

I would take my family to Disney world and spend every day with my son and teach him things about life.

I would continue to write in my blog about the importance of family and leave my diary of writings of all my inner feelings to my wife and son.

The one thing I would really want to arrange is to have the opportunity to crossdress in public and gradually ease into it so eventually I would be able to do it more often so people would get to know the real me. By crossdressing and being accepted I would have done what I wanted to do since I was 5 years old.

In the event of my unfortunate passing I would want to be waked in a dress so people could see who I really was.

I am a crossdresser and TG and have been so afraid to admit it or tell people but feel if I knew I was dying I think all my fears and insecurities would go away and I wouldn't care what people thought of me in a dress any more. It's a shame that it would come to this because it would be so much nicer to know I have a long life ahead of me and that I could crossdress in public and be accepted.

Something to think about.

emmi

Think of it this way.... you are dying. we are all dying. What difference does it make if you die next week ,next year or in 20 years? You do have a terminal disease,it's called living. Everyone and everything who has this infliction is going to die, and there is no cure. I have just given you your terminal disease, so what are you waiting for.. Put on your best dress and get out there.

kelly
    Last edited by az_azeel; 11-26-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: 1st post does not need to be quoted... ;)
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I think that is one of those situations that you will only know what you will do when and if you are in it , the best way is to try and get some sort of balance between what you want to do and what you need to do not just for yourself but also for others just in case you never get that warning that something is going to happen .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Think of it this way.... you are dying. we are all dying. What difference does it make if you die next week ,next year or in 20 years? You do have a terminal disease,it's called living. Everyone and everything who has this infliction is going to die, and there is no cure. I have just given you your terminal disease, so what are you waiting for.. Put on your best dress and get out there.

kelly
    I have to agree
    Jeanna

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    I would continue to write in my blog about the importance of family and leave my diary of writings of all my inner feelings to my wife and son.
    [SIZE="2"]I have a diary that is completely unintelligible and indecipherable, but I also have records of what I write here, so someone, someday, will discover their funny uncle’s interesting passion…[/SIZE]

The one thing I would really want to arrange is to have the opportunity to crossdress in public and gradually ease into it so eventually I would be able to do it more often so people would get to know the real me. By crossdressing and being accepted I would have done what I wanted to do since I was 5 years old.
    [SIZE="2"]Hard to do when you’re terminally ill, but I know how you feel. I want to be dressed all the time, yet life is pressing down on me with relentless certainty – I’m always wondering how much time I have left, and how I wish to spend my remaining years…[/SIZE]

In the event of my unfortunate passing I would want to be waked in a dress so people could see who I really was.
    [SIZE="2"]I’d like to be cremated in a dress – I wonder how I’m going to “pull off” that feat?[/SIZE]

I am a crossdresser and TG and have been so afraid to admit it or tell people but feel if I knew I was dying I think all my fears and insecurities would go away and I wouldn't care what people thought of me in a dress any more. It's a shame that it would come to this because it would be so much nicer to know I have a long life ahead of me and that I could crossdress in public and be accepted.
    [SIZE="2"]We live in a closet made of equal parts common sense and respect for others. Like you, I do not wish to burden anyone with my personal, and highly cherished, lifestyle. I wish you a long life, Emmi – live long and prosper (in a dress, of course). [/SIZE]

I'd quit my job in a second... And go play more hockey.. And get season tickets to the Penguins... (Maybe the half season package? Lol) And go get a ride in a Mig 31....... Space shuttle would be fun! Wonder how wearing a dress in zero G would feel? .
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-26-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Kelly said it. Your theory makes one assumption, that you will live long enough to cross the items from your list. What if you die too quickly or in a way that doesn't allow you to do those things? Would you die wishing you had done them? I thought about it a lot and the best alternative I found was to 'just do it'. Do the things that always scared you and if you need a reason, just say it is always something you wanted to try before you die.

As Kelly said, none of us know when are final day will arrive. So go ahead and start checking off your list. You may not pass this way again.

Frederique has the right idea, Mr. Spock may not have finished the thought,

"Live long and prosper, in a DRESS!!" My spirit will live on, my body is to be creamated, and take up a minimum of space here on our planet.

I am certain that a funeral director could arange a last dressing presentation, for a quick creamation, or viewing. They have had many requests for professional services.

Mean while......Live..love..enjoy.

Emmi, I agree with all that has been said but let me say this. By hiding "EMMI" haven't you in a way all ready died?? Each day you still hide who you are, you still don't allow yourself "to be yourself".
    U could die today, tomorrow or 29 years from now, if you don't become yourself you may never be true to yourself & live that full life it soynds you want. Think about hun, we all have a very short time here. I have learned to be honest with myself & others. Do what I can to enjoy my life cause by days end I could be gone.
    Yes dear, I understand some choices we make aree very hard to do. Mine cost me my wife, & my daughter has not made up her mind & thus I do not see my granddaughter, & yet they all have seen if they need something I am still there for them. That does help them understand. It sounds to me that you are at that part in your life where you want the best of everything. Remember this is the real world, we have to dio "OUR" part in making "OUR WORLD" as we wish it to be.

Good luck sweetie, life is hard, life is full of choices. We all make them & than live with them. I will close by saying, search your feeling, your heart & soul & when you have the answer DO IT!!!!!!!!!! Plan & simple, good luck.

Hugs, Janelle

As Karren said, there are other things out there besides CDing I'd like to do. I've always wanted to be an archeologist for one thing. If I was dying I'd see if I could make contribution to historic knowledge by going on some digs. Who knows, may even discover a stargate buried somewhere. It's a personal choice of course but we sometimes tend to limit our options with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    As Karren said, there are other things out there besides CDing I'd like to do. I've always wanted to be an archeologist for one thing. If I was dying I'd see if I could make contribution to historic knowledge by going on some digs. Who knows, may even discover a stargate buried somewhere. It's a personal choice of course but we sometimes tend to limit our options with this stuff.
    You would like to be an archeologist, while they would like to be and out and about and accepted crossdresser if I understand what they are saying. If they wanted to exercise their option to do something else why would they have posted this thread?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I never said I wouldn't be an archeologist en femme, now did I? Why can't a person do both?

Find the gate... And I'll going ya .... TG-1? Kicking ass and takin names accross the univers in killer clothes... Just think of the accessories!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thumbs up

When I read the OP, I was going to post a response almost exactly like this, and yet Kelly said it so well.

I'll take it one step further. Figure out a way to take that extra day off work a week if you can, take that trip to Disney world.

This thread really made my day. Happy thanksgiving everyone!
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Space shuttle would be fun! Wonder how wearing a dress in zero G would feel? .
    Now you started me thinking Karren. If you wore a full skirted dress, there would be no gravity to keep your hem down; it would float about as you moved through the air and show your knickers (and your suspenders if you wore stockings). Heels would be useless, you wouldn't be standing on them in zero gravity! And I wonder what shape your boobs would be without gravity pulling them down!

I think I'll stick to terra firma while I'm dressed.

Tony

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    kellycan27 has it right.

Not sure what I would want to do in my last days except be with family. I would like to be burried in a wedding dress of which I have a few beautiful ones to chose from.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Something to really think about emmicd

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    If I was confronted with the painful reality of dealing with a terminal illness a number of things had crossed my mind as to what I would want to do if given the ........
    I would continue to write in my blog about the importance of family and leave my diary of writings of all my inner feelings to my wife and son.....

Something to think about.

emmi
    You're probably not gong to like hearing this but when you have thread with an open ended question and want opinions posted, some of those you are not going to like. This is one.
    So there you are laying proudly ( to your dead self) in a coffin in a funeral home in a dress and wig, makeup and jewelry. Did you ever consider how this would affect your wife and son and some embarrassing explaining they would have to do to cousin John, or aunt Mary who drove in ,or mother in law Ruth or neighbor Ralph who knew absolutely nothing of your hidden life. Do you think this honestly would be fair to them? The shock and awkwardness of the visitors of not knowing what to say to your family.
    Might as well have a sledge hammer there and hit them over the head it would have the same effect.
    I don't, I would think it very self centered leaving that kind of burden on their shoulder to do your explaining of your life after you are gone when you should have done it yourself.
    Sorry if this is blunt , but I tend to take the other side of a coin and not always run with the pink fog majority and go yeah rah rah right on girl.
    give it some more thought ... again.

Megan

You gotta have an open mind... you can still wear a dress to your funeral, just ask for a closed casket so the relatives are not surprised.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    Now you started me thinking Karren. If you wore a full skirted dress, there would be no gravity to keep your hem down; it would float about as you moved through the air and show your knickers (and your suspenders if you wore stockings). Heels would be useless, you wouldn't be standing on them in zero gravity! And I wonder what shape your boobs would be without gravity pulling them down!

I think I'll stick to terra firma while I'm dressed.

Tony
    I have yet to see space clothes that I say I must have in my closet. It would be hard to fly a spaceship or fight aliens with your hemline floating in front of your face. Silver is not my color so I guess I would have to stick to planet earth.

I agree with many of the posts live life and treat your loved ones like you will never see them again and you will go with no regrets. When I go I want to be cremated and have the carbon compressed into a man made diamond. From a drab pile of ashes to a thing of beauty. Kinda like dressing.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

kelly
    WOW. I absolutely love your comment. so true...
    go out there and be who you really are and stop conforming with what society describes as normal

I've left those decisions up to my younger brother. After all, I'll be dead. Who will care about how I will be dressed. I'll have moved on to better ground anyway.
    But as far as doing something before I die... I am already doing that very thing.
    I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    First off, I'd recommend that everyone watch the movie The Bucket List with Jack Nicholsoon and Morgan Freeman. In very short, two very different men dying of cancer meet while in hospital and created a list of things to do before they die.

I have contemplated mine. The biggie on it is a photoshoot all made up en femme nails, makeup, hair, gorgeous femme undies and then to pose a la Marlene Dietrich in a tuxedo, then have photos shot of me in the lingerie, and then still en femme in men's undies.

I would also like travel coast to coast Canada -- Halifax to Vancouver by train with ferries from St John Newfoundland to Nova Scotia and from Vancouver to the island so I go to Tofino en femme. Just simple en femme -- denim skirt, sweater etc -- just like any other girl

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Assuming I had a few months, maybe a year (as long as we're pretending) and money was no object (still pretending), I would like to go off somewhere for one long, uninterrupted stretch as the feminine me -- salon nails, waxed, cute clothes, the works -- just living quietly, seeing some of the world, interacting with people, gathering my thoughts and writing them down, praying, savoring what it means to be alive, that sort of stuff. I don't know how long I would need, or like to have, for that, I'd just play it by ear. And when the time came, I would want to wrap it up spending time with my kids, as the dad they've always known, and try to leave them with the strongest sense of what I have learned in life and how much I love them. And I agree 100% with Megan, I shielded my loved ones from the turmoil of TG while I was alive, why would I foist it all on them at the end just because I wouldn't have to be around to clean up the mess? No, at that stage of the game it is only important what I know about myself. That is enough.