Thread: is satisfaction ever achievable?

is satisfaction ever achievable?

I am not sure I chose the best wording, but I mean a sense of contentedness that would be crossdressing acceptance. if our spouse accepts that we underdress, that we have this need, that is fine. but most still can't go out in public showing anything-no wearing open toed sandals that show, if you wanted to, nylon hose-or ladies regular shoes and slacks with nylon encased ankles. That gets to be too blatant. But there always seems another 'milestone' that can't be achieved. wonder why this is?

Most of us want some kind of exceptance. I don't pass but to have an SO that excepts my dressing would be my heaven. Others want to pass as a woman on the street. Some want to be a woman or man for the ftm's. We all have a different agenda on our minds and some of us change that as time goes on. For those that only underdress, not being caught or having the SO except it is all they want.

Well there comes a time in your life where you got to realize that ya got what ya got and you learn to accept the cards that are dealt you and be content and satisfied that it isn't worse... I'm am!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Satisfaction is achievable. Now having said that, for me, on this road, I'm usually wondering what's just around the next corner.

For where I am at the present moment, I couldn't be happier. In my wildest dreams, I'd never have imagined I would be where I am today. But,... there is that next bend in the road and I'd really like to find out what's there.

I guess if I'm happy where I am then I'm satisfied. But, ... there is that next bend in the road,....
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

My girlfriend accepts my dressing, and i don't care about passing when going out. I do it for me to relieve stress and just get away enjoying my feminine side, and that is satisfaction enough for me. I really couldn't ask for anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    I am not sure I chose the best wording, but I mean a sense of contentedness that would be crossdressing acceptance. if our spouse accepts that we underdress, that we have this need, that is fine. but most still can't go out in public showing anything-no wearing open toed sandals that show, if you wanted to, nylon hose-or ladies regular shoes and slacks with nylon encased ankles. That gets to be too blatant. But there always seems another 'milestone' that can't be achieved. wonder why this is?
    I think the reason is genetics. XX is not the same as XY or XXY or XYY etc. Each genetic configuration stakes out its own turf, so there are always going to be borders to cross. Personally, I think life would dull without them.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Achieving Satisfaction!

To achieve satisfaction, you first have to have a goal to reach. You indicated that your goal was to have Crossdressing acceptance! O.K., but acceptance of what? Anything you want to do, whether or not your SO agrees? Life and particularly marriage don't work that way!

I achieved satisfaction in CD'ing when I was married, because my late wife was totally supporting and accepting of almost everything. The only thing she wouldn't accept was Stephanie being with a man. Since I have never had a desire to actually be a woman in any manner, that was no problem!

Although she is gone, I am still satisfied because I know I am a Crossdresser and I dress to please myself, not the rest of the world! My family now knows, and is O.K. with as long as I don't dress around them. I can live with that!

Life is way too short to worry about things like this. Just DRESS AND BE HAPPY!!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

CDing aside, life is ALL about compromises!

MOST of us figure that out before we're 10!

Regarding CDing, I'm pretty happy with what I have achieved to date!

However, I don't think it's human nature to be satisfied ALL THE TIME!

Hopefully, I'll be completely CD satisfied when it's time for my BIG SLEEP!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well there comes a time in your life where you got to realize that ya got what ya got and you learn to accept the cards that are dealt you and be content and satisfied that it isn't worse... I'm am!!
    Words of wisdom there.

We can actually "do" anything we want Helen if we have the courage. The thing is along with that comes the possibility of getting mocked by others or worse yet ostracism. We always have a choice but we also have to take responsibility for our own actions and accept any "consequences" as a result.

Aspiring Member

Generally Happy

I'm mostley happy with my lot in life. I have acceptance form my wife, which I'm most of you'll agree is highly desireable. I have a closet full of clothes and costume jewellry. And I can dress whenever I like.

Sure I'd love to be 5'6" 120#, but at this late stage it ain't gonna happen. I'd love to be as naturally beautiful as a lot of you girls, but short of major plastic surgery that ain't gonna happen either.

So I accept my life as it passes, grateful for to plusses and trying not to dwell on the minuses

Love and kisses : Danielle

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

reasonability

Satisfaction can never be acheived when the goals are unreasonable.

e.g. I play the violin, and rather well, actually. However, I am never going to put the time into my playing that would allow me to be a big-time concert violinist. If I had my heart set on that goal, I would constantly fail.

Likewise I try to set attainable goals for Tina, and when she acheives them it's terrific. Will there always be more goals? Well sure! It's called LIFE!

Tina

thanks for the thoughtful comments. I can see that acceptance isn't always as 'loud and clear' as a declaration of support. I suppose 'tolerance' sometimes is the most you can expect.
    I think that since so much of my life has been plagued by fantasy-when you have no one to talk with about being different-you have your own small world and imagination plays a big role. Maybe the biggest acceptance is what we allow to ourselves, forgive ourselves,etc.maybe we can be the most intolerant at times? hugs, helenr