Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partial dressers, I don't understand u!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Partial dressers, I don't understand u!

SORRY, TAM! Partial CROSSDRESSERS!

When I dress up, I wish to appear to be a woman. If ONLY to myself, in my mirror! I can't pass, so I have no intention of going out dressed! But, I understand TGs desire to go out, even if they only pass occasionally!

But, I don't understand partial dressers! U throw on a skirt, maybe a blouse, and out u go! No makeup, no wig, no bra or forms, no attempt to appear to be female. Why?

I understand that it's quick and easy. That U may not wish to take the 3+ hours preparing, that it takes me for most every CD session. But, r u really happy with your look? I respect your rite to dress as u like, but I just don't GET IT!?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-01-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Uhm, since when do clothes maketh the woman? I NEVER wear a dress or a skirt, so what does that make me? I hardly wear makeup either... you're stereotyping people.. not good imho.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Silver Member
    I like to dress in what makes me feel good, there is no plan or system behind it, I love to underdress for instance it makes me feel good inside and no one but me knows because I do it for me and to make me feel nice. Then other times I go for full dress, stockings, heels nice underwear and ilove that too because that makes me feel very good - each to his own is my view, what makes you happy

I can dress casual and feel very feminine.I don't have to spend a huge amount of time dressing all the way.A lot of times i don't even wear my forms or makeup.A nice skirt.pantyhose'top etc with earrings and just lounge around the house.Same as just a nightie and panties and go to bed.I feel very femme.I guess its more of what you're trying to imulate when you dress as to what works for each of us.

Ps I do dress all the way on occasion and love it

Quote Originally Posted by justabit View Post
    I can dress casual and feel very feminine.I don't have to spend a huge amount of time dressing all the way.A lot of times i don't even wear my forms or makeup.A nice skirt.pantyhose'top etc with earrings and just lounge around the house.Same as just a nightie and panties and go to bed.I feel very femme.I guess its more of what you're trying to imulate when you dress as to what works for each of us.

Ps I do dress all the way on occasion and love it
    I feel the same as above.

In between the couple of times a week that I fully primp I don't mind just throwing on a simple skirt, bra and casual shirt ...maybe a few hair clips. I even have a set of pink cotton PJ's and fuzzy slippers that I lounge around in watching TV sometimes.....it makes me feel just as girly 'cause that's what 98.5% of the woman in the world dress like! Heck, my wife and I do Yoga together while I'm dressed in a simple black/pink girly workout outfit (don't forget the sports bra).....not exactly three hours to get ready but I love it just the same.

Tamara,

I don't think you can compare a woman that is "underdressed" with a guy that dresses up in partial clothing. No matter how hard you try you are still going to be a woman.

I know that I wore women's clothing for years without wigs and makeup but that was just because I didn't have anywhere to keep all that stuff. I would buy a few little things, wear them for a day or two, then throw them out.

Once I started collecting things and had my full arsenal of wigs, makeup, jewelry, clothes, lingerie and shoes I would almost never partially dress.

I do wear panties and have my toe nails painted right now as I sit here in my office in a nice men's suit but it really isn't by choice.

I think most people that wear women's clothing out in public as a "guy" are either doing to because they have a clothing fetish or they are into shocking people. If most were honest they would agree.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with either one of those things. Different strokes for different folks. But I certainly would never do it myself because for me it isn't a fetish or about shock value. I want to be who I am on the inside. That is really everything feminine.

Kisses,

Allie
    Last edited by AllieSummers; 12-01-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Sherry, you know I luv ya, but some people don't want to be girls. Some are nothing more than guys who like the look feel and comfort of some fabrics ( I stole that from the cotton industry but what are they going to do make me wear silk?).

I have varying degrees. Most of time, just like a real live GG I don't want to have to put on all that makeup or put on the foundation garment or the hose or the wig....but slipping into a nice skirt/blouse combo or a house dress (Ok ok sometimes even a party dress....geez you caught me) is all I need...well that and a good stiff drink (minds out of the gutters kids). OMG I am becoming a girl! My mind just went into, "I don't want to wear all that just to make you happy for a few minutes and then you are off to watch the ball game or with the boys. I just want to be comfortable. That OK with you?" "I'm going home to mother."
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    SORRY, TAM! Partial CROSSDRESSERS!

When I dress up, I wish to appear to be a woman. If ONLY to myself, in my mirror! I can't pass, so I have no intention of going out dressed! But, I understand TGs desire to go out, even if they only pass occasionally!

But, I don't understand partial dressers! U throw on a skirt, maybe a blouse, and out u go! No makeup, no wig, no bra or forms, no attempt to appear to be female. Why?

I understand that it's quick and easy. That U may not wish to take the 3+ hours preparing, that it takes me for most every CD session. But, r u really happy with your look? I respect your rite to dress as u like, but I just don't GET IT!?

I dress as a full woman,shaved,made up,breast forms etc etc and have done so almost every day for 20 years but at a very early,early stage wearing panties was the full extent of my transvestism.

I continued to evolve to a full blown CD - these folks are just remain at a lower TG threshold / energy - valence point that panties etc satisfies . Some would call this a fetish and not transvestism on a linear scale but Venne diagrams are in vogue to describe psychological traits, ie: we all lie in the circle but there are infinite places within it to find ourseves.

I think these models in 3D best express the range of human conditions in this area.

I also find it odd if a hairy - chubby man wants to wear pantyhose but only he feels what he does and I take him at his word if he says : " I don't know why - it's just the way I am".
    Last edited by kellyanne; 12-01-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: .

Tamara..

I think I understand where the Doc is coming from. I don't think you apply to the scenario.. you look great without all that stuff. It takes us quite a bit of effort to even get close to looking as female as you - and most of us fail miserably. So, the question is to CD's.. and I totally understand why - because the site of a person dressed halfway, to me.. is a bit off. Sorry, just personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Uhm, since when do clothes maketh the woman? I NEVER wear a dress or a skirt, so what does that make me? I hardly wear makeup either... you're stereotyping people.. not good imho.

Well I don't understand a lot of things (like wearing masks for one) but that doesn't mean they are wrong or bad or unpleasent... Just means that I'm ignorant....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

We are what we is!!!??? LOL

We are all different,,,,its what makes the world so interesting!!

Some of us just like wearing women's clothing without trying to pass as a woman. Today I went out for the first time in a skirt and heels (I've worn heels out before but no skirt). I was definitely a guy in a skirt and heels. En femme from the waist down, man from the waist up.

At this point in time I don't have a desire to go out as a woman, even if I had the ability to do so (I only own a few skirts, some heels, panties, and stockings. No blouses or dresses at this time.)

Part of me would like to do so one day but that day is not today. That day will have to wait until I can afford to get some forms, ladies tops, a wig, that sorta thing.

Right now I'm happy with wearing a skirt out. It's also partly a way to test the waters one could say. No comments (positive nor, thankfully, negative) about my skirt and heels today so I know I can do it again sometime. The world didn't stop spinning so it'll be okay.

EDIT: Partial dressing can also be a stepping stone. No way could I have dressed fully en femme and gone out today, the nervousness would have killed me. A skirt is a good start though IMO. A way to start working my way up the en femme ladder.
    Last edited by shorty82; 12-01-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added some things.

Quote Originally Posted by shorty82 View Post
    Some of us just like wearing women's clothing without trying to pass as a woman. Today I went out for the first time in a skirt and heels (I've worn heels out before but no skirt). I was definitely a guy in a skirt and heels. En femme from the waist down, man from the waist up.

At this point in time I don't have a desire to go out as a woman, even if I had the ability to do so (I only own a few skirts, some heels, panties, and stockings. No blouses or dresses at this time.)

Part of me would like to do so one day but that day is not today. That day will have to wait until I can afford to get some forms, ladies tops, a wig, that sorta thing.

Right now I'm happy with wearing a skirt out. It's also partly a way to test the waters one could say. No comments (positive nor, thankfully, negative) about my skirt and heels today so I know I can do it again sometime. The world didn't stop spinning so it'll be okay.

EDIT: Partial dressing can also be a stepping stone. No way could I have dressed fully en femme and gone out today, the nervousness would have killed me. A skirt is a good start though IMO. A way to start working my way up the en femme ladder.
    i agree entirely! very well put. i'll go out with some fem jeans, maybe a pair of uggs, and a guy shirt. definitely not passing, sure maybe it could attract attention, but i do it b/c that is how i feel comfortable (and feminine).

Oh dear!

This has the potential to become a "less filling- tastes great" discussion.

I don't think my position on the curve is any surprise; I really do want to be and appear as much of a "real girl" - for myself,and for anybody else who might see me.

Do I pass? My goodness, No!

Do I blend? Pretty much so. I try to dress stylishly, but appropriately, and hope that anybody who notices me will like my dress or other girlish attire. This means dressing completely, which I happen to enjoy.

There are many,many real girls who do not put as much effort or thought into their dress and I do not wish to insult them. If they want to dress like guys, fine - our culture seems to think tom boys are cute in their own way, although I think that most of would rather that others just didn't notice.

There really is no positive model for guys who want to dress like girls. Men who go part way along this path (soft fabrics, colors, but still guy-clothes) are dismissed as "fags" ( I HATE that word). A man who makes an effort to look female will get credit from some part of the culture for being transgendered and brave, but generally not except in large cosmopolitan environments. (I love NYC)

The guys in-between who wear obviously female clothes in public without doing the rest seem to be trying to make some statement, like teenagers with rude tattoos or Goth chicks. Everybody is free to make whatever statements they want (within the proper forum), and I wouldn't begin to judge them for this. But I don't think that this particular statement is a happy one; rather it seems (to me) to be one of "Even though I like/need to wear women's clothes, I'm really a guy - and I'm NOT gay" This inner conflict seems to pervade so many of our threads. BTW, this does not apply so much to those of you who stay inside and dress partially for sexual releae - that's a whole different kettle of fish.

I don't know how many times the cd/gay issue has shown up here, but it's been a lot. There is nothing wrong with being a straight crossdresser, and there is nothing wrong with being a gay crossdresser. It's who you happen to be. Relax, and don't worry.

I expect that this will boil some kettles - please re-read it a couple of times before you get too upset. I mean to offend no-one.

-jj

In England the definition of a crossdresser (not TV or TS) is someone who starts dressing after puberty and who do not wish to portray themself as a woman. They are often in high powered jobs and use dressing as a way to relieve stress. They feel comfortable wearing women's clothes.

But dies it matter? As long as they are happy surely.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

In a world where we are not defined by what we are wearing or what we look like, but rather by who we are, this argument would be superfluous and none of us need be confused.

We could all dress according to our personalities and no-one would waste time wondering anxiously, why?

To illustrate the point:
    A young student teacher was once very concerned because one of his students always drew her pictures in black. He feared it might be a manifestation of a deeper, darker problem.

On the advice of his mentor, he asked the student why she only drew her pictures on black.

"Because I only have black crayon," she informed him.

Plainly said , everyone is different , everyone has different needs , wants and desires and we all don't have to get why others do what they do. .....Do we ?
    I am sure there are as many reasons why we all do what we do as there are people who question why.
    And why should anyone care what someone else is doing if what they are doing doesn't affect them.
    I like to accept people for who they are as a person , not for the way they look or dress.
    Tomara

One of those great mysteries of life "understanding", we do what we like to do and can`t understand why everyone else does not understand why we do it or even like it .
    I do not understand why anyone would want to go bungee jumping but i accept that they do , all as you need to do is to understand yourself and accept others if they are different.
    But you can try to get some understanding of something by trying it in which case you will be enlightened with the understanding of why they do it or why you do not do it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry
    [SIZE="2"]What’s there to understand? A little goes a long way in crossdressing. Anything that goes against drabness has merit, in my eyes, so you can adjust your level of “impersonation” to the situation at hand. Actually, it’s nothing like impersonation at all – think less in terms of surface, and more in terms of gender integration. Even when I’m dressed up 100%, it’s not a costume, you know…[/SIZE]

I normally dress completely but sometimes I don't put on makeup except lipstick. I may not get home until 12:00 some nights and want to dress. I also don't want to spen three hours doing it when I'm not going out. I get the same feeling of being dressed without the time involved. We are each different in our wants and needs in our crossdressing, yours is to spend three hours in the process, mine is to dress in 30 min if possible. I still love you Sherry, your my sister.

yes, it goes the other way too. As posted above, I'm not against getting all dolled up for special evenings but a more realistic attire is what I strive for. Someone that is completely overdone all the time IMO is a costume and you don't actually appear as a woman but as a caricature of one. Again, this is only my opinion (don't shoot) and as others have pointed out everyone has different reasons and desires to dress.

Gold Member
    Oh...rules, rules, rules....who needs them. We all have different reasons for dressing. Tho I'm not one to go out looking like a guy with a skirt, it's cool that someone feels comfortable enough with themselves to do just that. After all, it's only clothing!

I guess that's just what some folks like to do RS.

Usually, around the house, I wear either jeans or a jeans skirt, casual woman's top with forms, and pull my thinning hair back in a pony tale or clip it on one side. If I'm going out in guy mode, I may wear an androginous t-shirt, but I can't remember the last time I wore guy pants. Women's just seem to fit better.

I think, if I had a little more guts, this is how I would prefer to go out, wearing women's clothes, but no makeup or wig. Part dressed. But, I don't have that much courage, so when I go out en femme, I dress all the way. I don't want to draw attention to myself, I want to blend in. Even when I dress full en femme, I rarely pass, if ever, and it is more my intention to blend in. I'm basically a chicken, and do not want to draw attention to myself.

I consider myself dual gendered. On the gender scale, I'm somewher in the middle, about 40% feminine and 60% masculine most of the time, but that is fluid. I think, if it were not for the reactions of others in public, I would prefer to dress this way, part feminine and part masculine. This is how I feel inside, and when I'm at home, this is how I feel the most comfortable and in balance.

Perhaps one day, I will have the courage to not care what others think, and dress how I'm most comfortable.

well, here I sit, in a pair of mens jeans, heels, lace trimmed cami, women's sweater, and bran and panties under... I have mustache on face, mens rings, and mens bracelets.. I kid you not. I am home sick today, and trying to get plastic on the windows before winter hits full effect.. I even went out to the store today, to get the plastic, I put my man shoes on, cause it's cold out. but wore the lace trimmed cami and sweater.. didnt really care... I'm sick and tired, and noone even looked at me weird... ran to walmart, got the stuff, checked out.. went home.. not sure how many people even noticed lace peekin outta my jacket.. but it was obvious.. and the lady at the checkout was sweet, courteous, and never batted an eye at it. I am about wearing what I like.. I feel as feminine as I feel, and I need not justify or over emphasize my own feelings to make me one title or another. You see, You have the suit, and the faces, and believe me, many, myself included truly dont understand that. Why do you feel the need for the suit and face? I'm not being defensive and trying to turn this around on you, I am truly being honest here in saying this. I dont get that any more than you dont get me having my moustache and wearing heels.. It all boils down to one thing, the ME factor... If it makes ME happy, and isn't upsetting my family, then I guess it's all good eh?