Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What exactly is the "pink fog"?

What exactly is the "pink fog"?

I've seen the term "pink fog" thrown about and have a sense of what it is/means (and am sure I probably experienced it!), but what is it exactly for everyone? Is it simply the embracing or immersing oneself into your feminine side or a specific feeling or what?

While a long time CDer, I'm relatively new to the CD community...

Melanie

To me, it is the partial or complete loss of control caused by thinking and wanting to be en femme. People tend to purchase too much, think only of themselves and their femme life, ignore others and can really cause them to be a real pain in the ass to some other perople, especially SO's, family and friends. Everyone has their own definition, and you could even check Wikipedia. But the above definition is my shortened version. And, Yes, I have been there in different levels of loss of control and am surviving quite well.

Perhaps different for each person?

I have imagined the ping-fog to be a state where you present to others in the same way you imagine yourself. This is how I had imagined it to be for others.

Then, as I took a bath it seemed as if I were a woman and it felt no different than myself as a man; just my appearance was different, Then I noticed my legs needed shaving. Shaving- as in having as much significance to me as a woman as removing my beard in the morning meant to me as a man. It was just something which needed to be done. As a woman I acted as a acted because those emotions and motions felt natural and needed; the same as a man.

As it is society that demands many of us discuss this semi-anonymously, then perhaps it is our social conditioning which has us convinced it might be desirable to do change gender. This could persist even if we have transformed or transitioned. This isn't to deny our desire, merely to think about it's origins.

It would be nicer to have the power to switch back and forth and experience it just for a taste but would it really feel different?
    Last edited by lavistaa62; 12-06-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: brevity

"Pink Fog" is much like "Red Mist," in that it is a haze of emotion that clouds judgment. However, in this case, it is benign. You are consumed by your feminine or "Pink" aspect.

I have never experienced this phenomenon first hand, which leads me to believe it is, much like gravity and the Pope, entirely made up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

For me it was uncontrolable uber obsession towards anything feminine.. Ie. Crossdressing in the rest room at work... Crossdressing at 3am in the bathroom while my wife sleeps nest door... Changing gender in public places... You get the picture..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When I have been able to dress en femme 24/7 for several days, I feel as though I've cross a line that marks the boundary between my masculine self and my feminine one. I usually can't cross that line and stay on the feminine side long enough to really let go. But occasionally I do, and then I'm in the pink fog.
    warmly, Linnea

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    For me, the pink fog is where I cannot think about anything other than being dressed and/or buying more stuff for myself. At these times the very idea of having to go out and about as Le Rosbif makes me depressed.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I have it. I barely can handle it when I walk by the cosmetic counter and the girly clothes at department stores.
    It just feels so right to have shaven legs and to be fem.

Pink Fog: The point in time where CD'g obsession levels reach maximum saturation and a feminine fog forms in the brain, clouding judgement and reason in most areas. Pink Fog can often be reduced or vaporized with sufficient decompression time in a frilly white dress.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I would describe it as, Male Menopause!

And, if u DON'T know what it's like, u HAVEN'T experienced it yet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wig, Gaff, Makeup, Jeans, Heels, Flats, Prescription glasses, and a blouse in the last 2 weeks. (I can think of nothing but wanting to go out and be passable.) That is my fog.

I have had pink fog for a few weeks now.I can't wait to get home and put on my panties.I've ordered some things online and the anxiety of them arriving has put butterflies in my tummy.It feels sooo good.I will admit though I have neglected others.I just can't find that balance.

"Pink Fog" describes the times that a preoccupation with crossdressing/gender identity issues clouds one's judgment of how others will react. In hindsight, the sufferer can clearly see where s/he screwed up - but at the time it seemed like the logical thing to do.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

A momentary obsession.

Pink fog, to me, is that trance like state when dressing (or shopping) becomes the overwhelming top priority. Usually, pink fog (for me) isn't unexpected. It kicks in when I know I have 24 or 48 hours of alone time when I can just be myself.

And I look forward, and look forward, and then I get to go away....

Meghan
    Last edited by Meghan; 12-17-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Corrected grammer :)
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    For me it was uncontrolable uber obsession towards anything feminine.. Ie. Crossdressing in the rest room at work... Crossdressing at 3am in the bathroom while my wife sleeps nest door... Changing gender in public places... You get the picture..
    I think you pretty much nailed it for me, never knew it had a name.
    Mine as of late is mostly spending more time doing things that Amanda likes, I.E. spending time in this forum, shopping, spending more time enjoying being dressed, etc.

My wife seemed to know about 'pink fog' before I did. We were in a shoe shop one day, she was looking for some shoes for everyday use and I had spotted some lovely heels (my size, not hers) and just wanted them so much that everything went quiet and I suffered a kind of tunnel vision, looking only at the size 8's on the shelf. My wife asked for my opinion on a certain pair of shoes and I failed to respond. "Hey! what do you think of these" she said, I slowly turned my head and said "sorry darlin' what was that". "These shoes, what do you think?" she said, "oh yeh sorry, very nice luv" I replied while trying to focus my attention on what she was wearing. "Hmmm" she said laughingly, "pink fog moment was it".

I just smiled.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

Karren's got it right

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Just can't stop thinking about it... It can be somewhat detrimental to everyday life due to the inability to focus on just about anything else.

The only cure? Maxumum girl time!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    It is a state that one gets into where feminine things are such a dominant obsession that your ability to critically assess is compromised. It can happen for example when a significant other gives some level of acceptance of cross dressing and the cross dresser loses all self control, acts like a kid in a candy store. It can also happen when a newly separated cross dresser moves in to their own place and can dress pretty much whenever they want.

The problem with this state is that quite often every thing is done to an extreme so it is a bad time to make important life affecting decisions and the obsessive period can be quite damaging to relationships, much in the same way as excessive drinking or gambling.

Usually that period comes to an end and you come to your senses and mature as a cross dresser, but during that period it can be a very turbulent time for loved ones.

I have been living on my own now for a couple of years and I went through some of that when I had my freedom. Now I have settled in to a life where I spend most of my personal time dressed femme but in a way that is very suitable for public consumption.

I know that I prefer to live dressed as a female as much as I can but that is now a lifestyle choice and not an obsessive state.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

the shoes

New shoes starin at them at a stoplight ...HONK!!!

A Stephen King story
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    For me, the pink fog is where I cannot think about anything other than being dressed and/or buying more stuff for myself. At these times the very idea of having to go out and about as Le Rosbif makes me depressed.
    I'm kinda with Rianna on this one...the Fog clouds the mind to anything non-feminine. If I'm lucky, it hits me at a time and place where I can do something about it (wear lipstick in the car going to work, underdress at work itself, want to go shopping for that new pair of shoes I need (not want...need.)

And like Rianna, I get depressed--when the fog leaves...or more accurately, when I have to stop my feminine activities before the fog disperses. I hate taking off my tights when I come home.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

if i remember right, the pink fog was a members so's comment that was made about having to stand around in a clothing store. he wanted to go as the pink fog was choking him meaning the girlyness of the place was making him feel diminished as a male or something like

stacy-marie

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieP View Post
    I've seen the term "pink fog" thrown about and have a sense of what it is/means (and am sure I probably experienced it!), but what is it exactly for everyone? Is it simply the embracing or immersing oneself into your feminine side or a specific feeling or what?

While a long time CDer, I'm relatively new to the CD community...

Melanie
    I would say the " Pink Fog is the individual intensified psychological condition a crossdresser experiences when he dresses.

I feel the same feeling as when my first female garment was put on and it
    " called " to my soul.

i always love it when the pink fog roles in(too bad my bank account doesn't)!