Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GG's reaction to a man's shaved legs

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    A couple of years ago I was out at a local street festival and ran into some women who work at the hospital I do. Their reaction. "Nice legs". They meant it too.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

When I started cding again 2 years ago, I was hesistant to shave my body although I didn't have a lot of hair to begin with. With the encouragement of my Wife,I finally did a full body shave and love it.I never really liked body hair anyway and there's no going back.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I've been shaving my legs regularly for at least a year now. Can't say I notice much reaction from anyone but I am quite hairless to begin with so it may not be as noticeable.
    Either way, I wouldn't care.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Sounds like she has issues with her husband.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

My legs have been shaved for years. I wear shorts for most of the warm weather. I've never had a comment.

If one were to comment, my response would be that--He/She doesn't have enought to occupy his/her mind.

Jodi

I would think that the shaved arms would be more noticable. I shave my whole body and haven't had anyone say a word. In the summer I did have hair on my arms but shave them in the winter months. I have a small store in redneck territory and would lose all my business if everyone knew i was a cd, but I do wear womens jeans every day.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    I would think that the shaved arms would be more noticable. I shave my whole body and haven't had anyone say a word. In the summer I did have hair on my arms but shave them in the winter months. I have a small store in redneck territory and would lose all my business if everyone knew i was a cd, but I do wear womens jeans every day.
    Making the decision to start shaving my arms was the hardest shaving decision I had to make. I started doing so a few months back and love it. I was afraid someone would notice and comment but nobody has. I now keep everything below the nose cleanly shaven and it is great.

Good to hear, because after shaving them today for the first time in over a year, it is going to be really hard going back. Why can't we just get a consensus from the public at large that body hair, in general, sucks? I mean really, what GG has ever looked at a guy and said "would you look at that hairy beast of a man. He looks awesome!" Maybe I'm overstating the case here, but the issue of leg shaving seems to be all about what we've become accustomed to as opposed to what is actually attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    This is for those of you who wonder what might happen if you shave your legs and someone notices.

A dozen or so of my co-workers were having lunch together this afternoon. One of the men was wearing shorts, and had shaved legs. A cashier noticed and started laughing. I told her I thought shaved legs are sexy. She said she had never seen any man do that except models. I replied, he's doing what models do - that's a good thing. She was quiet for a moment, then said her husband has almost no hair on his legs. No one else, male or female in the group said anything about the man's legs. They treated it like a complete non-issue and the conversation changed casually to the next subject.
    Shaved legs are soooo girly and sexy !

I have shaved my legs and torso for 15 years now.

There are many men with almost no body hair on their chest,torso and legs so if you don't say anything they have no reference point and all will be fine or tell them you swim every day..

When I started shaving fully, I went on a trip and was rooming with a guy - I felt I had to explain my lack of chest and leg hair - I said I shaved it for a girl - he thought something was up, had I kept quiet - he would have had no reason to wonder at all.

Don't make my mistakes.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 12-06-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: .

I'd love to shave my legs, and really my whole body someday. It would be nice to feel more effeminite. I'm kind of nervous too though.

You would think most people wouldn't care since its not like people are interested in legs. And some GGs don't even really like hairy men anyway. Plus plenty of "normal" guys shave their legs or don't have a lot of hair.

Of course another problem for me...Is how time consuming it would be. Since I have a lot of hair. But I guess once I did it and kept up with it, it would be easier.

i used to get my legs waxed and did so for close to 3 years. the hair on the lower part of my legs grows out about 50% less. However, the upper part of my legs still ggrows. however it is much finer.
    if u want ultra smooth legs, the answer is laser or electrolysis.

...A cashier noticed and started laughing. I told her I thought shaved legs are sexy. She said she had never seen any man do that except models.
    I have been shaving my legs since I was 13 and I have forgotten that some people still have this kind of reaction. I am surprised that she hasn't seen every second man walk down the street with shaved or waxed legs.

I replied, he's doing what models do - that's a good thing...
    Excellent response.

Astrid
    "Chuck, you know that I adore all of God's creatures and the metaphors that they inspire, but those butterflies have got to be murdered!" - Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl "Seventeen Candles")

Talking

I have shaved my legs during the winter months for the last 4 years. I even bought some VEET last winter and tried it after shaving. It did not seem to work on already shaved legs. But 2 weeks ago, I thought Id try it to use it up as my yearly routine was due, and it worked great, I even did my arms. Now I have stubble starting, and will use it again this week and see if it works better on longer stubble and old hair.

Now if I can just get the hair on my head to thicken up, I'd be set.

I shaved my legs when my wife left town for a couple of weeks. It only took her six months to notice - and then she was annoyed. I still keep them shaved.

shaving

I dont have a lot of dark hair but just keeping my legs smooth it is a super girly feeling. I have received several nice compliments on my legs after a few days tanning from both male and female friends MY feeling try it you will like it thanks . To be honest most people dont really care 1 way or another if men shave there legs its a personal thing thanks Missy

Quote Originally Posted by brenda lynn mwe View Post
    theres a lot of guys that shave just because they dont like hair its kinda the new thing i think people look better with out hair hugs brenda lynn
    Someone told me men that men who shave it all off are called smoothies. From what I hear, it's a growing trend. Yea! I think everyone looks better hair free.

Years and years

I've shaved for years and years (at least a decade) and never once had a comment. This included a long stint in the deep (US) south with all the nonsense that entails. Don't think it's an issue; sounds like this cashier disliked the other employee or was just trying to stir up trouble.

I keep mine shaved year rond and have only two people ask if I shave your legs. My reply was yes and no more was said. The only other comments ever made about my legs is how white thay are I don't go out of my way to tan.I don't know why people just can't let some thing be.
    Angie

I had a similar experience over Thanksgiving. Went to the usual family festivities wearing shorts since it was pretty warm. I was sitting at the table talking to one of my uncles and his wife (can't call her my aunt since we're almost the same age) as well as my other aunt. Uncle's wife looked down for some reason and when she looked up the first thing she said was "do you shave your legs?" I told her yes and my other aunt almost immediately commented that she thought it was cool and that she hates hairy legs on guys. There was actually a pretty lengthy conversation about it with the end result being that they both agreed that they preferred guys with shaved legs. Guess that one worked out in my favor, lol! I didn't, of course, tell them that the rest of me was shaved and my toenails painted .

Bicyclists Shave

Besides being a CD I also raced bicycles for many years. As part of cycling you would shave your legs. So I did this for 2 reasons. 1. because it felt good when I was wearing pantyhose and 2.for ease of clean up if I got road rash from cycling.

hugs - maggie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maggie
    Let Yourself Be Free
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I have had my legs shaved for like 10 years.
    Some women say "You have nicer legs than I do!"
    A few times the guys I know or worked with might joke about it, not in a rude way or anything.
    The few times people have asked, if they didn't already know I was TG, I would just say "I just think it looks better". Typically nothing else is asked about it.

For negative reactions, heh, I can't really recall hearing anything about it. I am sometimes sensitive to rude comments but for any about my legs, I just have not heard them. Yes I wear shorts weather permitting, and I just go wherever.

The CD's whio are all worried about what people will think -
    Why worry? Almost no one will care. Even if you do get a negative reactiion, for each one bad one, you will hear probably 100 good ones.

See, if a guy were to say something good or bad, it would prove he is noticing your legs and no straight guy wants to be found guilty of THAT.

10 years later, I am still waiting for someone to be blatantly rude about my legs.

Nw for other things I do femme, yes I have had my share of comments but that is another story.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

When I was in Germany I dated a woman with hairy legs. A woman usually likes smoothe. That is why, I believe, most woman would prefer a man with shaved legs. I shave my legs, armpits, hands and arms. Noone says anything about that or even my eyebrows.

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

The U.S. on the east coast. Yay the beach :)
    My wife hates body hair. She actually asked me to shave my body hair before knowing about me.
    'Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” - Leo F. Buscaglia

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    I have shaved my legs for some years now and my whole body is smooth for several years, too. I revel in my lovely shaved legs. I intentionally wear shorts, oil my legs and show them off. There will be a snicker here or there but most women seem to either be ok or really like it. Men rarely comment but some are definitely looking. Truth is I no longer care what anyone says about it in a negative way. I have been surprised to find that my mother, sister,brother or kids don't comment one way or the other about it. I so love getting the pedicure as the girl get to handle my smooth legs and will sometimes comment on that and it makes me feel good.

Girls, let's be proud of our legs.

XXs,
    Mickey
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

I shave mine, and a couple of my straight friends have noticed and asked me about them from time to time. But i don't mind.