Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you give up crossdressing?

Can you give up crossdressing?

I have tried many times when I purged and have come to the conclusion I can not give up crossdressing.

Do I want to give up crossdressing?

I thought many times I did and really tried hard to do so but what I realized is that I have been miserable when I gave away all my feminine clothes and wasted so much money in the process. Now I realize how important it is for me to dress and I have come to accept it after many years and many purges.

Do I feel my crossdressing has affected me?

Ofcourse it has affected me. I live with it every day. There is no time when it is not on my mind. I am able to conduct my life but crossdressing is a very big part of my life.

Why is crossdressing so difficult to stop?

If I knew I would be able to answer it but I don't know why. I just feel I was born with feminine needs and crossdressing help me with my gender identity.

Is it still a big secret?

For most it is but for close family it is hard to keep it a secret as my need to crossdress has intensified.

Will you always be a crossdresser?

Yes I am a crossdresser starting at age 4-5 and am in my late 40s and still doing it with the same excitement I felt as a child.

Would you ever reach out to help others who are crossdressers or transgendered?

I would like to but am very shy about it.

emmi

[SIZE=4]No never as i get older it seems the more i do crossdress as of now when ever i am home i am always dressed.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Mistybtm; 12-07-2009 at 04:15 AM.
    Mistybtm

No never
    The Tip of The Toes To The Top Of Hose

Its posssible for some I have no doubt but I don't think I could

No

Yes it has affected me. I live with it all the time its part of who I am.

Again I think it is part of who were are

Yes for the most part it is

Yes, I have had many years to think about this question

I do as much as I can and I know we all need support at one time or other
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Girl, You hit the nail on head with your statements. I have given trying to stop. Oh I wish it would go away but it refuses, so I am learming to embrace it. The more I accept it, the happier I seem to be. I think it is more about the journey.

As far as reaching out to others. That is why I am a member of this site. It is comforting to know that other people have experienced smimilar challenges and thoughts.

I have abstained from crossdressing for various periods of time, and I don't crossdress at work (though I wear panties underneath every day). There have been a few times in my life when I didn't crossdress for a couple of years, but to give it up forever seems unlikely to me.
    warmly, Linnea

If I knew I could chuck it all.... I would have by now.. Hell my wife told me I couldn't quit after she found out I crossdressed 4 years ago... Life would be so much simpler to be stuck in one gender or the other... Either one... I'm not pickie! Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-06-2009 at 09:57 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

never, in fact the older I ger the stronger the need to dress becomes,

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Can you give up crossdressing? NO!

Do I want to give up crossdressing? NO! Why?!

Do I feel my crossdressing has affected me? Of course, it's opened me up to the many possibilities of life, it's liberating!

Why is crossdressing so difficult to stop? because we love it, because it's a huge part of who we are, it's part of our identity, because it makes us feel great/sexy, because...

Is it still a big secret? Just to my family, all my good friends know, all my girl's friends too

Will you always be a crossdresser? Feels like I will be

Would you ever reach out to help others who are crossdressers or transgendered? YES! I think I have on here when I've felt like I could help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

My response

Can you give up crossdressing? I could but I don't want to

Do I want to give up crossdressing? No

Do I feel my crossdressing has affected me? Yes, I think about the way the clothes feel. I know it has made me more sensitive to women and their issues.

Why is crossdressing so difficult to stop? Everybody dresses for different reasons, so I'm sure there's a different answer for everybody. For me, it's just because I like it, but I'll go months and months without.

Is it still a big secret? Not to the wife, but Rachel doesn't really leave the house much (and even then only if she knows she won't be seen)

Will you always be a crossdresser? Yes

Would you ever reach out to help others who are crossdressers or transgendered? I'm happy to give advice when asked or share experiences, but there are limits. I'm lucky to have a supportive wife, but one CD is more than enough for her. She doesn't have any interest in dressing anybody else.

I could not get rid of Karla even if I wanted to. She is too much a part of my life.

After trying to surpress her for three long, painful years with a girlfriend who was repulsed by the thought of men dressing in womens clothing, I found that she had grown stronger to the point that there is no way I could seperate her and me

Lots of Love,
    Miss Karla

Sometimes I do. Its drilled in my head so hard that its not normal. But I do like it. I just dont like the secrecy

Absolutely. I feel better about myself a bit and it makes me feel like I am where I should be.

Absolutely. When Im trying not to dress it makes the urge bigger.

Only two people know and one is a crossdresser. So i'd say yes

Yes I will

Ive helped a friend who is one.

Evedently not, according to the general opinion here.

Patricia

Absoluterly not. This is by far the general view I have seen in various groups and I agree !00%

Sometimes I do. It would make life simpler but then very dull. I have a kind of negative approach. I hate wearing boys clothes, I think thery're ugly, and uncomfortable.
    when I am en femme I feel much more natural and comfortable, and don't look like a nerd. In one sense I would liker to give it up but the alternative is too horrible to consider.

Certainly. It's on my mind a lot. I am happier and more relaxed en femme. This is me. Once I came to accept it as natural and normal my whole life changed and I became I far happier person. I discovered the real "me".

We are born with this desire. This is hard to express, but most women are born with the desire to look a certain, "feminine" way. We are born with the same desire. Most women would shudder at the thought of having to spend their lives in men's clothing, expecially the really masculine type. So would we.

Unfortunately, yes.

Yes. I haved had this desire ever since I can remember, and as I noted above, the alternative would destroy me.

I have some difficulty, but a lot of symparhy for the transgendered. I would
    love to reach out and help other crossdressers.

I guess I could sum up all of my comments by saying, "I'm in it for the duration."
    Patricia, the hard core CD

Probably not...but I haven't reached that point where I have to consider that option....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    There's no way I can give up .... and why would I? Why would I want to give something up that makes me happy and ( I think) enhances my life and makes me a better person
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Silver Member
    I used to find it difficult to live with when younger, all that confusion and uncertainty about who I was and where it was all going, now I love cross dressing and don't want to give it up, it makes me happy to cross dress and so no thoughts of doing anything other than getting more confident, I really want to go out dressed now, just haven't got there yet, but I will

Emmi, I can relate to almost everything in your thread, in fact, I couldn't have said it any better. I don't want to give it up, I enjoy it too much to give it up. I have asked others if they would ever give up the pleasures they enjoyed; i.e. golf, bowling, gardening, outdoor sports, hunting/fishing, and they all replyed with a resounding, NO! So I see no reason to ever give up the thing that gives me a great deal of pleasure. I know for certain that the day I give it up will be when dirt is being shoveled over me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Untitled

Yep, the moment I realised that I was a Transexual
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

It depends upon the circumstances.

In normal circumstances, and dressing once a week, sometimes have gone a few months abstaining. In dire times, where just survival, is the issue of the day, homelessness, etc, I can quit, yes! When it comes to whether i eat, and have a dry place to sleep, or crossdressing, the cding is in last place! Of course, i still think about doing it. The human is quite adaptable, when circumstances didtate. But, in not so desperate circumstances, I am dressing only once a week or so, can;t seem to abstain for more than a few months.

Can I give up crossdressing?

Only if I stop breathing!!

As I am

Why give up a part of me that i enjoy, just as well do a lobotomy on me.

"All of me why not take all of me, can't you see I'm no good without you."
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

When I have tried to quit, it becomes almost an obsession and that's just about all I can think of. When I wear something (hose or a slip) each day for a little while, I'm comfortable about it and can clearly think about other things.

I've just accepted it. It's not harming anyone, is it? Should I feel guilty?

Vanessa

Nope, it is in me and always will be no matter what. I have been through many girlfriends and 2 wives and I still crossdress. The thing is, I have known ever since I was a little kid that I was in the wrong body. I would look in the mirror and say to myself, that is not me, I did not recognize me in the mirror, I am a girl not a boy, but my body is male, EWWWWWW!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Never had to consider this question since I have no desire to stop.

Nope, its part of whom I am

Yes I probably am obsessed with dressing since the desire to act and feel female is always on my mind. It's a fault I'm aware of and usually maintain balance in my life.

Maybe because we were born with "special" genes that make crossdressing and similar behavior a natural act for us. I'm no expert, but I wonder if this might be the case.

It's a secret with most people, but my wife knows and is very supportive. Im very fortunate in that regard.

No question yes. It's part of how I define myself.

Sure I would give advice and viewpoints if I felt I had some experience in the area. However I think there are very many types of situations and problems that TG folk face and there are no one size fits all answers. Various perspectives from others can help here as well.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.