Thread: I scored freebies at fashion bug

I scored freebies at fashion bug

I ordered online a couple sweat suits and a make up kit for my wife via fashionbug online and got two packages,,, when i opened the larger box all my order was in it,,,,so whats in the second box??? there was about 5 shirts sweaters and a pair of pants,,about 120 dollars worth so the tags say,,I checked my invitory list and online data and none of it was charged to me,,,,whooo hooo,,free I guess,,,well today is a big deal sale there for priemum members and was planning to go pay my bill anyways,,,will take all the stuff and get it refunded so now my bill is paid in full and I can shop some more,,,,,,
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

OK, 62 views of this thread, and nobody has bothered to ask so I will...

Is that the right thing to do? Their mistake is your gain?

Doing the right thing!

Always doing the right thing in life pays off in the end.
    Especially when you look in the mirror.
    Summer

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    My wife and I gad a similar (yet different) situation occur. We had ordered something from walmart.com. It turned out to be the wrong size. So we returned it to a store and got a refund put against my walmart credit card. The refund they gave was for the in-store price, not the on-line price. The in-store price was higher, so I ended up with a $15 credit balance on my card. I called walmart and the net result was -- 'Hey, we screwed up because we have no way to tie prices between the two entities, on-line or in-store, so our loss is your gain.'

So, we used the credit to buy a toy for some needy kids.

My vote -- take the clothes and donate them to a local women's shelter

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I'd send them back. Obviously someone in the shipping department put the wrong label on it and the person it was supposed to go to will be getting a bill about now..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I once ordered a computer program, got te wrong one, called and complained. I believe I sent the wrong one back but, when I got multiple of the correct one, I gave up and used one. The return of the wrong one was a real hassle.

I think upon returning the items, they can prove they sent them to you and charge you. If they connect 2 and 2.

Wow, must be nice going through life without a conscience...

I know someone of similar ethics who upon finding $10000 deposited in his account, went "Woo Hoo!" and spent it. A few months later, he ended up having two choices: pay it back, or be prosecuted.

Without a second thought, I'd call them up and tell them. If they want the stuff back they'll send a UPS pickup to your door at minimal inconvenience to you. If they don't, then it's "Woo Hoo!" time.

Yea, once I went to the night deposit box to deposit our business's deposit, & voila a deposit got stuck in the chute. I opened it & there was a wad of $100 bills. Said to myself, girlfriend what if that happened to you?? I put it back & closed the chute.....end of story

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Always doing the right thing in life pays off in the end.
    Especially when you look in the mirror.
    Summer
    Beautifully said!
    "I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke"

I scored freebies at fashion bug

I agree is that the right thing to do?????

Quote Originally Posted by jenna_woods View Post
    I agree is that the right thing to do?????
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

I have to agree with the above

You should do the right thing. If you were in their situation and sent out too much stuff, would you like it if they just kept it?

Lots of Love,
    Miss Karla

Like Toni_Lynn I too, was told, "Keep it"
    I'd ordered some clothes for wife and I through Woman Within and when the package arrived there was an extra tank top in there. I checked the order sheet twice and it didn't show up on it. I guess it fell into the bag befgore it was sealed for shipping.
    The person I spoke to said that it'd be more problem to them than it was worth for me to return it.
    Turns out neither wife or I liked it and it wouldn't have fit either of us anyhow. Too small for her and too big for me. I gave it to my daughter.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

The right thing to do would be to call on line and explain the mistake. They may or may not want it back. They have to find the mistake on paper before than can except it back. Paper trails rule the inventory.