Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing in public

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Changing in public

I have been a CD for a long time but only in recent years have I really started to dress and even go out. One of the most difficult things to do, for me, is to go out in public and change from Drab to femme. I have goine into a restroom and changed from my drab clothes into femme. it's tough becasue it takes a good while to do the makeover, etc. then appear outside the men's restroom as a femme. Talk about scary!

Another thing that is at least awkward is being in femme and remembering to use the Ladies restroom. Then, not letting down so anyone else in there gets a real clue that you aren't a GG.

Any other public momenst like those you've experienced?

Mickey
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Never tried that. I always got dressed at home, then went out.

Is there something that keeps you from doing this?? It should be less scary!
    You want to wear a WHAT??

Here in UK there are a lot of unisex public restrooms - you go in as a man, come out as a woman, it's OK.
    I quite often change in the car anyway. It's easy as long as you don't park on Main Street.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Smile

A couple of times I got dressed in the car. Try doing your nails in a car.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

I under dress at home, then find a little traveled area to finish dressing. I've done it broad day light and in the dark to. Just chose a safe place to do it.

Get a room! Seriously, if you can afford a hotel room, or travel a lot on business, "pack for two" and shapeshift in the privacy of your room. Just remember to ask for two keys, in case you misplace one, so you won't be embarrased at the front desk

sounds scary but maybe is part of the fun your trying to have

I was "under dressed" this past Friday (wearing panties, tights and a bra woooptydoo) and was out shopping with my sister in law and got tired of hiking my bra back up on the old shoulder and went to the car in the lot of a store and looking to see if anyone was watching I took that barzieriopainintheass off.. and just thought hope nobody saw that..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I've always changed in the car. In the winter I wore as much as I could under my coat. Now I just dress as home.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Changing in public

Hi I never tried changeing in a restroom, always change at home and it takes me about a hour with make up and every thing, Useing the women's restrooms the frist time is always scarey, it sure was for me now don't even think about it just go in do my thing and leave,

Well, TBH it can take me up to 3 hours to change properly if I'm going out as Stephanie, which is about half the time. I need that time to choose an outfit, do my hair, decide on shoes, do make-up, accessorize, etc..

I just dress at home, (and often borrow my flat-mates accessories lol)..

The only times I've changed while out have been whilst clothes shopping, in the fitting rooms of stores etc..

Um, is there a reason you don't dress at home?
    When Life Gives You Lemons, Throw them Back and Ask For Chocolate!!

Years ago I had a Chevy van without side windows, back windows had blinds and drape directly behind the driver seat. Inside I had a good size closet, counter with huge mirror and stool. This was done back when customizing vans was the in thing and was the original reason for creating/customizing the van. When I could not get dressed at home I always had everything I needed in the van. Come to think of it I didn't have the best lighting in it.

For the past 20 years I have been dressing at home 90% of the time and gone out while other times I go to work at night and get dressed because of some reason I can not at home.

Any ways I would not advice dressing in your car knowing that if a police officer saw you at the wrong moment it could be embrassing for you.
    SRS January 27

If you are going to dress in your car, get tented windows and always use a side street. If you need to change in the restroom always use the handicapped stoll or handicapped restroom. For best results dress at home if you can.
    Cary

I change in public all the time.... family or unisex restrooms at all the new rest areas... and a lot of new buildings.... even used a ports john a few times.... Have a small bag with everything I need and nothing I don't need... Walkin in male and come out female.... and visa versa... never had an issue... a few stares but no problems...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I normally do all the prep work and dress completely at home. I then over dress with loose fitting pants and shirt. I drive to a nearby quiet parking lot (I use several just to avoid potential risks of being seen regularly in the same one) and finish my makeup, jewelry, wig and lipstick and I am good to go. I have even changed from my day outfit to a night time one in my car, with a friend almost in front of the restaurant where we were meeting another good friend.

Mickey,
    So difficult to change smoothly when outside. I do this at times. I wear a shirt that buttons or zips in front. Park in an isolated area that has no visible cameras. Change shoes and socks to knee-highs and heels. Hang some padding on a string around my neck putting it inside my shirt. Look around--add wig. Add earrings, necklace, bracelets, make up and lipstick. Grab purse and go, still in pants. If I want to change to dress--if there is a very quiet women's restroom--you can take your gym bag and change in the women's. Rare for me--possible, sure.

Home is the best bet but if for some reason I can't change there, the unisex bathroom is my next choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonDragon View Post
    Never tried that. I always got dressed at home, then went out.

Is there something that keeps you from doing this?? It should be less scary!
    This is what I usually do now, but I used to change anywhere and everywhere except a men's restroom. I would find quiet backroads and change in the open air; sometimes it was cold and it was always awkward. After changing clothes, I would have to do my make-up--usually in my car--and make other adjustments.
    I still do the conversion back to male mode this way, but I avoid it if I can.
    warmly, Linnea

I have never changed in a restroom just in my car which isn't easy at all. After school i would change i never thought of using restroom to change.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

sunny with a high of 75!
    I've changed in the car, on a quiet parking lot, after dark. Trouble is makeup- lighting with those little vanity lights or map-reading lights is bad. Plus you might get a visit from a security officer or police checking to make sure you're not burgluring.

Best is at home- worried about neighbors? I was (and still am). So I change into everything, except blush, lipstick, jewelry and wig. On go sunglasses to hide eye makeup. On goes a jacket/sweater to hide femme top. Open the garage door and drive. get c. 5 miles away, pull into parking lot between 2 empty cars, put on wig, jewelry, blush and lipstick. Continue on to destination and have fun!

If you can't get the house, seriously, spring for a cheap motel. Scout which room you'd like 1st (don't go next to the loud men drinking beer with the door open). You don't need the bed, just a clean, well-lit bathroom. Do your transformation. Also provides a shower when finished to get back to your usual man-smelling deodorant and get rid of wig-hair before going home. My wife (not condemning, but not supporting either) has agreed to this to mitigate risks of driving around dressed. I try to get one close to my destination. $42 well-spent. Nice tip above regarding 2 keys- I'll do that next time, too.

Golly, you sure go to a lot of trouble. The last time I changed clothes in a public restroom was a year ago, going directly from work to a Christmas party. Why in the world would you need to do this on a regular basis?

When I go out in daylight, I am usually dressed and made up except for my wig and I wear a loose fitting mens shirt over my blouse, top or dress while in the car. A few miles down the road off comes the shirt, on goes the wig and I am ready to go.

A long time a go i went with a female friend to visit her sister which lived in another county so i thought it would be fun to drive there dressed en fem and change just before we got there, i only had a 2 seat er car and when we found a spot that i thought it was safe to change at i realised that it was a bit difficult so i said "stuff this" and just got out of the car to change as no one was about and it was dark, change and got back in the car and my female friend was laughing , i ask why are you laughing and she said do you realise that some one was watching you change , we then went into her sisters laughing but could not say why when asked
    Last edited by Joanne f; 12-08-2009 at 01:33 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeycd
    One of the most difficult things to do, for me, is to go out in public and change from Drab to femme. Talk about scary!
    [SIZE="2"]I’m fortunate to be able to dress here at home and walk out the door ready to go, but sometimes I have to change “on the fly” out in the world. I learned to do most of my changeover from my car (a Jeep), so I bring a change of clothes and all my essential accessories with me when I go out. You need to find a quiet place for the transformation, someplace where you can keep an eye on things all around you – my Jeep is tall enough to hide behind, ideal for changing clothes. Not easy to do during this time of year, but any stort in a porm, as the saying goes...

On those rare occasions when I get the urge to go from drab to femme while I’m out (meaning I hadn’t planned to), I change my hidden garments in a rest room, then do the rest in the abovementioned setting. Over time, I've gotten really good at putting on my wig, makeup and lipstick on the go – the increasingly good feelings you get during the transformation overcome any anxiety or feeling of vulnerability you may encounter. It always feels extraordinary to be dressed correctly, so it’s well worth the extra effort… [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeycd View Post
    I have been a CD for a long time but only in recent years have I really started to dress and even go out. One of the most difficult things to do, for me, is to go out in public and change from Drab to femme. I have goine into a restroom and changed from my drab clothes into femme. it's tough becasue it takes a good while to do the makeover, etc. then appear outside the men's restroom as a femme. Talk about scary!

Another thing that is at least awkward is being in femme and remembering to use the Ladies restroom. Then, not letting down so anyone else in there gets a real clue that you aren't a GG.

Any other public momenst like those you've experienced?

Mickey
    Gosh, I've never had a problem "remembering" to use the ladies room! lol! That's always a thrilling part!