Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever Take A Dance Class?

Yes, ballroom years ago with my wife. I went out on halloween this year and did some Salsa dance and that was fun. I had a wedding dress on and although I have two left feet, it was awsome to mimic the women's dancing and no one could see under my dress to catch the wild moves I was practicing.

I took some ball room classes with my wife a few years back. I was not dressed of course. Wife knows (and knew before we married), but does not want to be part of this side of me. Not that I would take the lessons in fem though...

Anyway, in the group practice sessions there was a T-girl. I don't know if she was part time, full time, or what. She was larger than me (probably in the 5'10" range), a bit on the heavy side. She was quite a bit larger than all the other ladies, but passed pretty good. Her voice was not great, so she whispered. I am pretty sure other people knew, but they were very polite.

So, in the process of this dancing, we frequently switched partners and I danced with her several times during the course of the program over a few months. It was a little different for me since she was noticeably bigger than me, especially her hands. Since this was ball room, we were face to face... But, she was very "light" in her touch and moved softly for a bigger gal. She was a good dancer and I thought it was really cool she had the courage to be herself. Especially since she had to partner with strangers at such a close proximity! Confidence, that is all I can say...

I did not share my "secret", just treated her like all the other ladies. In fact, all the guys treated her like any of the other ladies.

Very cool...

Tracy

I wish there was an Arthur Murray or Fred Astair studio in this town. I have contemplated taking Latin dancing through the junior college here, but the sessions are too late for me to get enough sleep for work the next day.

Started doing Zumba a few months ago, it's fun, though I have two left feet. I have to constantly watch the instructor to do the moves. She moves so easily. Then if I happen to look at my hulking self in the mirror, it throws me completely off. I thought I was half way coordinated until I started the class.

I have actually taken lessons at both, pretty interesting to say the least. Back then they would lure you in with a 3 lessons for $10 deal, then drop the bomb for $500 for lessons, etc.

I took classes in swing dancing, and my instructor was a flaming gay guy.
    I give credit to him for having the fortitude to be a demonstrating partner to me a number of times in front of everyone.

John does Jitterbug, Lindy-Hop, Cha-Cha, Waltzing, Meringue', Foxtrot, etc., etc.. Joanie might be able to "follow" someone leading a slow dance.

But, it's not so bad for Joanie when she goes to these LGBT Events, almost everyone in The TG Community does only linedances and "free-style." With Freestyle everyone just looks like "A Hamster in a Blender." And Most Line Dances are about like The Cha-Cha Slide; if you can't learn the darn thing in about two choruses, there's something very wrong with your brain-body coordination!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 12-11-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Many years ago I went to dance classes with my first wife and my pal and his wife. We took Rock &Roll classes. Everything went well and eventually the coach a lovely young, slightly chubby girl said we were ready for more exciting stuff. She picked me out as her partner and told me what we would do. She would run towards me and leap up then I would lift her over my head. She would then finish the move by sliding down my back and I would reach for and pull her through my legs. Simples eh?

She ran & leapt, I grabbed her and threw her over my head (I was a very fit firefighter), she landed in a crumpled heap on the floor behind me rubbing her head and bottom. We never finished the move nor did we take any more dance classes.

Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033