Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never Been In Heels !!!

Just say to her,"Do you think my feet would look good in heels?"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I've worn heels before but I've never lasted very long in them. I guess I need more practice walking in them, and I need to find ones that are a better fit. I wear a men's size 10 (US) and while womens 12 seems to work in flats, for heels it feels like I really need a size bigger.

Many shoe stores only carry up to 10 or 11 in ladies, but Payless usually carries up to size 12.

If anybody knows where size 12 and over shoes can be found at a decent price, I'm sure we would all like to know. Some GGs I know who are tall have the same problem finding the right sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Many shoe stores only carry up to 10 or 11 in ladies, but Payless usually carries up to size 12.
    Maybe in your area. In So. Calif. most I have seen don't carry above 10 ( maybe due to large Latina population )
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Picking your size goes like this, basically, if you wear a size 10 in mens, you'd wear an 11 in sandals, 11.5 in closed toe shoes. Width B is considered normal in womens. Hope that helps...

Marcie

Zappos has a great selection of all sizes, small to large.
    Discreet shipping.
    Nice to see you here, Amanda.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

I only have 5 pair of heels at the moment, all strappy sandals and one pair of calf high suede boots with 4" heels. I went shoe shopping today but didn't find anything I liked in a size 10. Go get a set of heels, perhaps starting with a 3" heel and working your way up. I don't feel dressed without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Maybe in your area. In So. Calif. most I have seen don't carry above 10 ( maybe due to large Latina population )
    I wear a woman's size 11. I've found that the Payless stores in the San Diego area have 11 and 12 sizes, but the selection is often disappointing compared to what they offer in the smaller sizes. More flats and matronly looking stuff than sexy sandals and pumps. Still, I have gotten some nice things while on vacation there, including a sexy pair of knee high boots with 4 inch heels.

I also picked up a very nice pair of black suede Maryjanes at the Sears in Oceanside when I was there in September. When I asked for a size 11, the clerk thought that they only had them up to size 10, but he came back with a pair in the proper size. I'm thinking from looking at stores online, that the more fashionable (and expensive) the store is, the less likely they are to offer the larger sizes.

If you have not seen the movie "Kinky Boots" be sure to.
    Based on a true story.
    One of my favs.

High Heels

Honey--High heels are the ultimate symbol of feminine elegance. You don't know what you're missing if you have never worn five-inch stilettos. Yes, they may hurt, but nothing makes you feel more girly (except maybe red lip gloss or satin dresses..)

What in the world are you waiting for? Buy some heels! More than one pair. Heels are so positively and exclusively feminine!

Jenny
    (written while wearing a pair of high heeled sandals)

I am sooo lucky. The one person in the world who knows about my CDing (other than you ladies) is a good GG friend of mine and we wear the same size. I wear men's 8 and ladies 9 or 9 1/2. It does depend on the shoe and manufacturer. I just love anything with heels.

Somehow, you are going to have to get you some high heels. They make your legs and butt look more sexy. Do it!!!!
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

I cannot imagine living without 4"or even 6" high heels. When I crossdress at home, they are at least for 6 hours per day on my feets.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Go for it!

Lol....Welll..what are you waiting for? Get out there and shop..!

Get thee to the shoe store! I love my heels. I just love them all.

Hugs,

Cate
    There is nothin' like a dame!