Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Department Store After Hours

Smile Department Store After Hours

Since I joined and been reading many of the posts, I have been remembering many old and lost things. Here is one that I thought may be interesting.

Years ago, one fantasy I had (and I am sure you all had it) was to be locked in a department store after hours. Let me tell you, this is one time I wouldn't have a problem pulling an all-nighter.

The first place I would go to is the lingerie and sleepwear department, then to shoes.

I am curious to know what you other girls would do locked in a department store after hours.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Quote Originally Posted by abigailf View Post
    I am curious to know what you other girls would do locked in a department store after hours.
    Yeah, only one problem. Getting locked in is a piece of cake. Getting out will surely get you in trouble once the alarm goes off.

That being said, you figure that there's about 12 hours to yourself until the doors open in the morning. Hmmm....spend an hour in the bridal section, then another hour in intimates, and then shoes.....

Pack a couple of sandwiches and a bottle of wine in a backpack. Sneak into a dressing room, and put a sign on the door that says "lock broken", and wait till an hour after closing.

Of course i've had that little fantasy! I first got that fantasy after seeing a terrible movie called Comet, or something along that where everyone in the world died and the lead actress went to a department store and tried on all the clothes. That would be a lot of fun to be in there.
    removed

Def...

...head to tops and skirts. A stop in bridal wear for me too...

This is one of my many wonderful fantasies! I think that many probably share it. For me it would be clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes!
    warmly, Linnea

Of course you would want this fantasy to occur about 40 years ago, before the widespread use of security cameras. And if you think they don't have 24 hour a day monitoring these days, you have to think about the idea of, "what did they use to replace The Night Watchman?"

Actually just though about it, 40 years ago would be great....I know the selections in The Lingerie and Hosiery Departments would have been a lot better!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I started with wearing panties in junior high school back in the 1970s. I would often think about being locked in Sears or Penneys and trying on the clothing as I laid in bed and drifted off to sleep.

I used to have that dream all the time before I started going out enfemme.. Locked in all night and just getting totally femmed up then walking out the front door when it opens in the morning a woman!! Haven't had that dream in decades..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I had something very close to this happen... not locked in, but full private access to a women's clothing store.

This was back in the very late 70's when I was about 16-17 years old. I had an after school job doing 'mail room' type work for a small local business. One of my tasks was to manage some inventory that was stored in the basement of a nearby building. The main floor of the building was a women's clothing store, and the only access to our storage area was through a loading dock of the store to a elevator in the rear. This gave me full access to the unlocked store even when it was closed, as it often was if I was working into the evening.

I never got the nerve up to wander through the store itself trying things on (even though I was there alone after hours on occasion) but to get to the elevator I had to make my way past rows and rows of garment racks in the back of the store. Things that were just off the trucks waiting to be tagged and brought out front.

I was in heaven when I realized that I could sneak something off one of these racks, take it downstairs to our storage area to try it on, then return it to the rack on my way back out, none the worse for wear, but no matter how much I loved anything I could never get up the nerve to buy it or even try to sneak it out somehow. All my fun was limited to 15 minutes at a time.

They had an amazing range of clothes on the racks, from formal gowns to pleated wool skirts... Summer dresses, bathing suits and even some uniforms for various local businesses.

The store itself had a bridal shop, but I never dared try anything on from that area and none of that inventory was ever stored out back. Now I wish I'd taken the chance. Who knows what could have happened if I'd been caught in a wedding dress.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

That depends...can I get locked in with a make-up artist, a hair stylist and someone to take my measurements and give me a complete make-over?

...or am I asking too much?
    - Aeval

[SIZE="1"]~ My weakness makes me strong ~[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by abigailf View Post
    Years ago, one fantasy I had (and I am sure you all had it) was to be locked in a department store after hours.
    Wow! I thought it was just me that had that type of fantasy. I used to have this fantasy all the time when I was about 12 or 13. The only variation was that I was locked in a mall and all the stores where open. Can you guess which stores I went in? lol

Vicki

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Holy,
    Now this shocked me to see....
    I've had similiar dreams from when I first slipped on my mother's pantyhose. Just like Karen, that sort of dream vanished since I started going out enfemme 7 years ago. The dream would have me browsing and trying on every pantyhose in the hosiery section the whole time. I'd slip the hose that I liked underneath an overhead loading door in the backroom for me to gather up after they opened in the morning.

I even wrote an article several years ago in the Masquerade's newsletter on the dreams that I was having and their diminishing
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 12-11-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    I've had that one too...definitely start out in lingerie, then shoes then bridal. I might make it out of bridal before morning.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Silver Member
    Yes indeed. I had that fantasy too, when I was TWELVE!

Reality would be much different with security cameras, guards, and being unable to get out. It would most likely end with you in handcuffs and jail.

I think this fantasy is enjoyed mostly by people who have not yet figured out that you can just go in to a store during regular shopping hours and try on (and buy), anything you want. If you want to spend 2 hours in the lingerie department, then for goodness sake just go spend 2 hours in the lingerie department. Your fear and shame is definately NOT in the mind of the SA who would LOVE to help you spend your money.

Stephie

I have told this story before. When I was 6 until I was around 16/17 my Dad worked as the display manager for a department store. And that was in the days before security cameras. So numerous times, I would go to work with him when the stores were closed because that is when the display people do their thing. So while he was trimming windows and building internal displays, I was over trying on clothes in the girls department. I tried on my first wig in that store. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was so thrilled. Then, one time when I was about 8 y.o., my Mom showed up unexpectadly and caught me dressed up. Aw sh*t. She was obviously not happy but she just told me to put the clothes back and went off to talk to my Dad. I expected a spanking or a lecture or something but nothing ever happened. But I didn't get to go with him for a while for some reason. That department store was so awesome. They had EVERYTHING a young CD would want.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

I have had the same fantasy. I worked as a stock boy in a dept store when I was in college. I loved walking through the makeup dept to see the heavily made up SA's working on customers, wishing I could look like them. My fantasy included being discovered by one of them who was working after hours, and my fantasy being fulfilled.
    Another fantasy was owning or being locked in a costume shop.
    Denise DeMann

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    OK all you killjoys that are talking about security cameras and such cut it out! Abigail is asking about fantasy, make believe, "what if" kind of stuff. Not reality.

I do go into stores shopping en femme and en drab and the bummer always is my desire overcomes my budget.

Here is what I would do. I would take every mannequin in the store and arrange them like they are watching a fashion show. I would also pick out every outfit I have any interest in wearing and I would be the one wearing it down the runway! After that I would probably call my buddies the lock smith and the computer hacker dude from the Oceans movies (Fantasy remember) and have them bring a U Haul and help me move all of the outfits I like out of the store. I would make sure computer hacker dude erases all of the video footage of the heist.

Wait! This fantasy is too self centered. I need to be philanthropic. I would take the Uhaul and deliver all of the fashions to the shelter for underdressed wayword transgendered women.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

This may not quite be your fantasy, abigail...

...but you can come close to it by making arrangements with the owners or managers of small ladies' wear stores to open up early or remain open after normal normal closing hours just for you, and whereby they can offer you personalized shopping services.

I only became aware of this possibility when it was offered to me as an option by a number of local stores that I had contacted some years ago to find out what policies (if any) they had regarding men shopping for themselves while in drab, and trying on the women's clothes they were considering buying while doing so.

I actually took the CD-friendly owner of one consignment store up on such an offer, and with the full, unhurried, and personalized service that I got from her, it was one of my best shopping trips ever. And the pink fog was such that despite my initial nervousness and apprehension about such a close one-on-one encounter, it soon seemed like the most normal and natural event in the world to me, and the time just flew by .

Girl I would hit the lingerie department,shoes,make up counter and find some sexy and comfortable dresses.

I was a security guard in Northern California years ago one night U did get locked in a Sears store to monitor for fire and break ins one night. What a turn on but could not get anything out, or try anything on. Was nice to walk around looking at all the wonderful things they had though.

Smile

at the ripe old age of fifety, thinking about buy/starting a second hand store.
    sure the selection might not be the newest or greatest,

And here I thought "I'm the only one who thinks like this"
    To be "locked in at night" .... wow, hadn't thought of that in a very looooong time.

Not so much the security cameras but, with my luck, the store would have a pair of guard dogs, much like Zeus and Apollo ( The Dobermans from the the Magnum P.I. television series) and I'd be "treed" in a dressing room until morning.
    Not that I'd want that, but I just know how bad my luck is.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

small world

I had that fantasy years ago too...... I'd be in my gurly glory.... makeup, clothes, shoes. I'd dress up and try to look good enough to leave tthe store as a gurl.....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Similar fantasy?

That I was turned into a living female department store mannikin. Dressed in sexy, revealing ladies outfits, then displayed for all passersby to see, in the front window!

There's lots MORE to this fantasy, but I get in enuff trouble here!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have had that fantasy only I hit the cash registers first.