Thread: Afternoon Lunch

Afternoon Lunch

A girl friend of mine and I are looking for a place that we and hopeful a few more gitls can have a fun lunch date. We are in NW Montana so their are not a lot of us around. Any advice on how to approach a restaurant about having lunch thier with three or four girls.

I think that the best way to do this, particularly in Montana (where I live too), is to call and speak with the manager or owner and simply ask. I haven't lived here very long, but this is how I have approached restauranteers in other places, and usually I have met with very good, supportive results.
    I recently went out for coffee with another CD and her wife in Billings. They knew of a place to go where we would not be hassled; that helped a lot.
    warmly, Linnea

Are the cowboys going to lassoo you:?

Aren't there any places that you don't need to call ahead? I doubt that others would surround you and heckle the group!!! Come on...have more confidence than that!!

Why not just go?

You are not doing anything wrong...and Nigella and myself have never called ahead to see if it was ok.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Linnea,

I live in Billings. What is the name of the restaurant you went to? I am always looking for friendly places to go.

Hello June!
    There is nothing legally that any restaurant could say. They have to serve you. Just pick a restaurant that you feel is a bit more upscale then your average Denny's and hit the door. I have found that more upscale restaurants have a higher caliber of clients and as such are more discriminating (you won't get as many comments, stares or problems even if they don't approve).
    Charlie

have not gone yet, we are looking for a place to go

Well, now that we know there are at least five people in Montanna, maybe Olive Garden will have a restaurant there. Have always been accepted at thier restaurants, whether it's been a party of two or eight.
    Red Lobster (eight of us went there last Sunday) and Applebees' are also very receptive. Besides, you're going to spend money with them, that's what they are in business for.

Afternoon Lunch

why do you have to ask just go, we do it all time and never a problem, and we go to many places.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Hello June!
    There is nothing legally that any restaurant could say. They have to serve you. Just pick a restaurant that you feel is a bit more upscale then your average Denny's and hit the door. I have found that more upscale restaurants have a higher caliber of clients and as such are more discriminating (you won't get as many comments, stares or problems even if they don't approve).
    I agree, pick an upscale restaurant and you will be treated well, dress conservative, and most peaple will see you as a woman.