Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GG would like your help

GG would like your help

Hi Everyone,

Please help me with my small dilemma.

When my husband and I go out and she is dressed and totally in girl mode, I still need to introduce her to people we run into. So normally i just say " this is my husband ,Tea"
    It doesn't bother Tea,but there must be a better word to call her. I know I could just say "this is Tea" and leave it at that,but she is my husband, has been for over 30 years and I'm proud she's my husband.
    Other than husband I use all the proper pronouns.

So please put yourself in my place, Then put yourself in Tea's place.
    Can you help me with a better introduction?

Thank You,
    Presh GG

What would Tea like you to call her when she is dressed? That really is a tough thing to decided, but I'm sure she would like the discussion.
    removed

"This is my companion." "This is my (girl)friend." Notice that all of those statements are not untrue. I am sure others will have better ideas....we will come up with something.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I like "this is my companion" or "this is my friend"; if it were me, I would like to introduced as "this is my friend, Linnea (or Linn)." I really appreciate how hard you are trying to find an appropriate and comfortable way to handle this--for both of you.
    warmly, Linnea

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    This is my mate? Or life-mate?

Mostly Harmless...
    There are several words that you could use, like the ones that have already been mentioned. Myself, I would prefer to use spouse.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

I'm having trouble with my own introduction to this group..

but that aside, it's still about what you two are comfortable with. Words are such simple, arbitrary things, sometimes these are just labels easily switched out or exchanged and holding the same definition.

But sometimes even as something so superficial as a title, they hold meaning and power. Maybe more for yourself, maybe more for others, maybe more for Tea - which has two or more sides to face with the question, what does he want, what does she want. Although maybe the same goes for you as well.

But I suppose that makes it seem more complicated than it actually is.

'course the sickening cutesy side of me is suggesting, "This is my honey/sugar, Tea" - a little cheshire grin to have fun with various interpretations of spouse or intimate bonds. Some play on words and innuendo can keep it fun, bring it down to earth and not take the word game so seriously, just keep it loving and real.

Spouse is a good one... Unisexish... Or I'd say "this is my better half, Tea" or this is my significant other, Tea".
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

"my dearest Tea"
    "my beloved Tea"
    "my right hand, Tea"
    helpmate
    darling
    pet she-wolf?
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

"This is Tea and we have been married over 30 years and are looking forward to the next 30!" Let them read between the lines. That way you do not need to get husband, him, her, etc. into play.

I have been called "spousal unit"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    One of Two or Two of Two? Resistance if futile....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A very non gender specific word is 'Partner'. It lets people know you are in a relationship (or in business together, I guess ) without using the male pronoun.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

"This is...." wait in silence for your spouse to introduce herself!

I would go for spouse or partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Now that's a new one I never heard before.

Vicki

try this

hi this is my other half tea
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

I like "Tea-Wolf" LOL!

In certain rural areas you could just say, "This here is my bitch."
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Hi..
    This will depend on the people you are meeting . close friends . they will know . or more likely know the names you use .
    oh is your s o dressed all the time or just some times .
    For people you know & they dont know she dress s then . this in my partner . or even very close friend .
    for new people you meet . this is my friend .

The reason .
    Jos & i were married for 35 years . & we had our marriage anuuld . about two & a half years ago . so for new people . Jos just say s this is noeleena . no other details are needed . we live in our own home . as ...just two women ... friends . not as a marrige there is no sexual detail . that stoped for me 11 years ago . Jos is 58 i m 62.
    Even for me it s ...this is Jos .......
    Because i was in the media . my profile tells you all about us . so for us our lives have been out there for people to see & i just say google my name .... so yes a bit different .
    & really as i think about your ?? i m thinking ...this is my partner ...
    all the best ....

...noeleena...

'this is my spouse' indicates you are married
    'partner' indicates you are merely living together

Well, she is your husband. And she doesn't mind being introduced as your husband?

How the two of you decide to define her is more for the benefit of others than it is for yourselves. You both know you are married, you both are comfortable and happy with what's going on. We have different names for different relationships so as to communicate our relationship status to others. You are married.

Maybe the deciding factor should be whether the people you introduce Tea to know or sense that she is transgendered. If they do, I think "husband" would be fine. Then you will open the door for questions about the CDing, which can only be better for everyone involved.
    Reine

I guess it depends who you are talking to

If she is out and doesn't mind I guess it is alright to call her husband. It will get confusing if you call her husband, SO, etc. Either you are confirming she is a he which you may not want to do in that setting, or you are making yourself look gay which may make the setting uncomfortable too. Nothing wrong with being gay, but it has it's own issues in a group setting. If they are not people you frequent, I would just call her your bff, or friend. If it is a social environment introducing your spouse also tells everyone you are taken. Your husband is suppose to be your best friend just as a wife is suppose to be a best friend to a guy. Kudo's for supporting your husband on these issues. You may want to ask him what he prefers.

Gold Member
    I like "my significant other", but spouse works just as well.

It is really good to hear that you are both happy and comfortable to introduce Tea as your husband or my husband Tea, i know introducing some one it is the right thing to do but in awkward situations i would leave it up to the other people to ask so putting the enthusiast on them if they wish to know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    " This is Tea, my soulmate "

BTW Presh, your Cat is so beautiful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!