Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Your Favorite Movie Reflect Your Feminine Side or Masculine Side?

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Recipe for my favorites:
    Take either Sandra Bullock, Meg Ryan or Julia Roberts, and pair them with a goofy but genuine guy, add a bit of heat and viola!

Hugs
    -Sera

Going to have to watch Band of Brothers again. I missed the horses.

Anything that Gene Kelly did. American in Paris and Singing in the Rain. Don't know what that says but I think I want to dance
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Blimey , for me , its a toss up from Shawshank Redemption , Bladerunner , The English Paitient , and Hope and Glory . praps its a mixture of psy fiction , surrender and pure heart .

[SIZE="2"]I guess I'm the only Western movie girl around here......my favorite "High Noon"
    I know I'm stuck back here in the 1800's....but I still want to be a saloon girl...
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

"The Shawshank Redemption" is my favorite, but I'm not sure that reflects a male side or female side. There's not many females in it, that's for sure. I think it reflects my "I like to see the little guy win and the bad guy get his comeuppance" side.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    "The Shawshank Redemption" is my favorite, but I'm not sure that reflects a male side or female side. There's not many females in it, that's for sure. I think it reflects my "I like to see the little guy win and the bad guy get his comeuppance" side.
    Its about being imprisoned unjustly... ie: a woman stuck in a mans body!

If I HAD to pick one all time favorite it would be White Christmas. Though WALL-E is a close second.

fierce glamazon
    I dont think I've ever let anything like movies or music reflect my personality. There are way too many good movies...

Obviously there are some classically gorgeous women in film history, and I like those films for obvious reasons, but my favorite movie is Tarkovsky's "Stalker".

Former Member
    Apocalypse Now is my favorite. It has been for 30 years since it blew me away in a theater when I was 16 years old.

It's pretty much dripping with testosterone, so I guess it reflects my maleness.

All of my favorite movies are "guy" flicks.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My all time favorite being "The Wrestler" followed by "Robo Cop" I will have to say my male side won in that area.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I was reminded about the movie "Kinky Boots" in another thread tonight.
    Exellent movie. Based on a true story they say.
    The opening scene reminds me of me about that age.
    Dancing around in heels, carefree and innocent.

My favorite is Casablanca and like Eve, followed closely behind by Bridges of Madison County. I'd throw in anything with Sean Connery.

Hugs,

Cate
    There is nothin' like a dame!

Favorite Movie

My favorite is a more recent title of 'The Fountain' I think it appeals to both sides of me, the lovey squishy girly side, and the chivalrous masculine side.

Really love the line, 'don't worry we're almost there'

I really loved all the Star Wars movies, the James Bond movies, Top Gun, all of Harrison Ford's movies, the Bourne series of movies, etc. But there is one movie I will watch anytime I catch it on TV. It is "Pretty Woman". It is my #1 favorite. #2 would be a Harrison Ford movie, "Sabrina". Not surprisingly, I don't relate to being the male lead in that one. So my favorites definitely favor my feminine side. I loved "Sex and the City". I cried. And I loved "The Devil Wears Prada" too. What can I say. I like chick flics.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Yaaaay Chiana! Someone else who loves Star Wars!

BTW Kimmy, I looooove Wall-E! My fave pixar movie! So beautiful and romantic and sweet!

I am a bit of a movie geek, I loooove all kinds of movies, I'd mention more that I love but than my post would be even LONGER than usual!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

[SIZE="3"]My all time favorite is "Monty Pythons Holy Grail". I saw it the first time in the theater when it came out. I remember actually rolling on the floor several times in laughter.
    Number two would have to be "Blazing Saddles"
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

LOL...masculine fore sure...

The Good The Bad And The Ugly

my several favorites are all over the gender map, I think. "Mama Mia" is one, but so is "Dances with Wolves." "The Natural" is another, but so are "Terms of Endearment" and "Amelie." And I love "When Harry Met Sally."
    "Thelma and Louise" is on my favorite list too. So is "Unforgiven."
    Last edited by linnea; 12-12-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: omission
    warmly, Linnea

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Breakfast at Tiffany's and Sabrina (not the remake) are my two faves. Let me run that through the gender computer. Clearly I am all girl, but you should have been able to tell that by the kelly green bug I drive.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I am a big movie fan got to many dvds to count, I'd have to say Just like heaven is one of my favourite movies.
    I perfer to watch films that have a love story in them though i will watch a guy film now and then. Depends on my mood

Conan the Barbarian. And that Valeria is hot, and she can fight too! Ok, I'm confused again.

How could I have left Pretty Woman and Bridges of Madison County off my list...probably senility.

I am a big movie buff and collect many different movies.

James Bond Complete Collection
    Star Trek / Star Wars / Matrix Complete Collection

But if you look a little deeper then you will find that I have more romantic comedies than any other type of movie.

My favorites are "Under the Tuscon Sun" and "Serendipity". Many of you named some of my other favorites like Breakfast at Tiffany's / Sabrina / Mama Mia / Dancing with Wolves.
    Michelle

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Still conflicted

I love great movies and many "chick flicks" just don't make it for me. But ther are always some that stand out and are on my "would see again" list. The funny thing here is that my all-time great movie is "MASH". and the series, too. Maybe I relate to Jamie Farr more than I ever realized. So, dies that appeal more to my male or female side? See? Still conflicted, I guess.

XXs,
    Barb
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Lost in Translation

that is my favorite,Charlotte reflects my side

Luciana