Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Kathi Shopping Post of 2009!

Are we really to believe that you aren't goin shopping before next year. We know if you go you'll tell us about it and we'll look forward to hearing about it.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    And here we come to a place that may be a river in Egypt. Another reason I use my guy's name - even though it perplexes many women while dealing with me - I'm afraid of what may happen once I give in to this femininity inside me. After about six months of dressing, it was like a switch turned on. The excitement was almost gone, and instead I received a feeling of "rightness" when I dressed, as if this is the way I was supposed to be. Lisa Golightly and I traded a lot of posts back and forth about this. Her opinion was, "Doesn't mean you're heading down my path, Angel..." Maybe not, but admitting that it was even possible, to me, was akin to starting down a slippery slope. I'm not sure I wanna go there. I don't ever see myself transitioning. As I have mentioned before, I don't see the need for it in my situation. I have the best of both worlds - I get to dress occasionally, but don't have to every day. Women seem to respond to me as a woman most of the time - sometimes even after they catch themselves and remember that I'm a guy. It's a pretty great life!
    It is a great life you describe (throwing that rope to pull you off of that slippery slope...wait, who's gonna throw me one??? ). I totally get where you are coming from and I hope you don't think I was being pushy at all in expressing my opinion which in hindsight was pretty much inviting you to join me on the slip 'n' slide!

Glad you liked the adventures. It sure would be more fun shopping with you, though. You know where all the bargains are!
    Someday Kathi, someday!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Persephone, you have no worries whatsoever. Number one - you look great, and a size 6 is really on the lower-end of the scale. Number two - remember who's the genetic freak, here (I'll give you a hint; it's me ).
    Kathi
    Thank you for the lovely complements, Kathi! I'm working to "hold the line" but holidays and winter are making it hard to do. Seems that most fresh fruit is only in season in the summer, where chocolate is in season all year 'round!

As to genetics, ever since we found out that 15% of my cells are XO, I figured I'd cornered the market on genetic freak markers.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    . . . I hope you don't think I was being pushy at all in expressing my opinion which in hindsight was pretty much inviting you to join me on the slip 'n' slide!
    Pushy? Not at all. I really used to love slip n' slides! What I don't like is worms. Especially a whole, open can of them. I'm sure you know what I mean. To me, for now it is much more comforting to stick my fingers in my ears and go "La la la la!"

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    As to genetics, ever since we found out that 15% of my cells are XO, I figured I'd cornered the market on genetic freak markers.
    Having never gone through any sort of genetic testing (and by funny happenstance, my wife is a geneticist. Go figger! ), I'm not sure how authentically freaky I am, but consider the following:

How many women (or men, for that matter) do you know that are 5'11" and a size stinkin' 0?

How many people do you know who have a metabolism so fast that not only can they sit in a movie theater - doing nothing - and sweat, but they can also out-eat their teenage sons (who both weigh more than their dad. Heck, the only one in the house that doesn't outweigh me is my 9 year-old daughter, . . . and the cat. ) and not gain any weight? Actually, that's not true. I have gained about 6-8 ounces a year since High School. Cool! At this rate, but the time I'm 90, I'll be near my "normal" body weight!

There's more - much more - but that should probably get the idea across.

Kathi

And here we come to a place that may be a river in Egypt. Another reason I use my guy's name - even though it perplexes many women while dealing with me - I'm afraid of what may happen once I give in to this femininity inside me. After about six months of dressing, it was like a switch turned on. The excitement was almost gone, and instead I received a feeling of "rightness" when I dressed, as if this is the way I was supposed to be. Lisa Golightly and I traded a lot of posts back and forth about this. Her opinion was, "Doesn't mean you're heading down my path, Angel..." Maybe not, but admitting that it was even possible, to me, was akin to starting down a slippery slope. I'm not sure I wanna go there. I don't ever see myself transitioning.
    Gooble Gobble, one of us! But thank you, for your honesty. Personally, I think you should use the Kathi name in public, to see how it feels for you, maybe test it out at Ulta.. And give in to the femininity as well, to see how that feels too, you don't even have to dress to do that.

I also think you should talk more with your wife about how much "This Thing of Ours of Varying Kinds" really means to you.

Glad you liked the adventures. It sure would be more fun shopping with you, though. You know where all the bargains are!

Kathi
    Of course we like your adventures. :-)

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.