Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did any of you have supportive/encouraging mom's and sisters growing up?

super cutie

Did any of you have supportive/encouraging mom's and sisters growing up?

As in supportive? Buying clothes for you and letting you grow out your hair?

This would have been soooooo cool!

Nope... Not even close.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Ahhhh, I wish I had a supportive mum but I think that's out of the realm of possibility at the moment.

Last night I met her at the door but forgot to put on socks to covert my pink toenails. When she saw them, in an angryish voice said "Why are you wearing nail polish?", to which I mumbled and walked away.

I wish my mum was supportive do I could atleast walk around the house in a skirt and pink top when she is home, but that may take a while.

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

My Mom was my best friend growing up. She was always there to help or answer questions. She did buy me things at times, but my oldest sister was much more my person to call on and get opinions. It was nice having positive female role models near me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Little View Post
    My Mom was my best friend growing up. She was always there to help or answer questions. She did buy me things at times, but my oldest sister was much more my person to call on and get opinions. It was nice having positive female role models near me.
    Wow!!! That must have been wonderful having support like that.

Vicki

One of my big regrets in life is when I was about 12, my mom begged me to let her dress me up as a girl for Halloween, I was a pretty boy and she wanted to see what I'd look like...I blew her off, wonder how things might have turned out differently if I'd only let her!

nope...both were to much into there things....we kids had to fend for ourself.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Mom knew

My mom knew about my dressing. She didn't encourage it, but she didn't discourage it either.

My mom (rest her soul) was far from supportive when she found my stash of lingerie. Since my only sister is 16 yrs older than me, she was never around. I doubt she would have been supportive.

My mother bought me panties when I was very young, but she never directly encouraged me to dress en femme. I certainly wished that she would have known and given her support, but I think that it was just too far out of the box for her at that time. She passed away about 15 years, but I wish that I had told her.
    I had one female cousin whom I think that I might have been able to confide in and get support from, but by the time I thought of that she was living a long way away from where I lived and it was just not possible.
    warmly, Linnea

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Gosh no, I didn't (and still haven't) told any if my family so no ... they weren't supportive or encouraging because they didn't know about it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

my mom knew i wore her clothes never discouraged it or approved of it.... my grandma let me dress at her house and bought me girls clothes all the time

Mothers

No buying of clothes or hair growing out, actually got scolded when I was found wearing my mothers clothes / forced into the stereotypical male role after being chastised by my parents. Makes me really afraid to even attempt coming out or going out in public dressed, but one step at a time right?

It was suspected that I was dressing but it was my sister that found my stash.My Mom freaked and wanted me to see a Dr.,I refused.My sister just wanted to use the evidence/info to bribe me for her personal gain.

not in my house

thats what my mom said when after being cought lots of times with my sisters bra and panties in my room and after telling her that i wanted to wear them openly she asked me if i was qweer i told her no
    so i still was underdressing but not openly around the house
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Nope... Not even close.
    This.

My mom knew but didn't encourage or discourage my dressing.

Mum knew never said bad things - sisters knew as it was them whom first dressed me as their sister for a tea party - so yes i did

I've shared this in another post a while back, but yes...and no. She never actually said anything, but in the beginning (when she found my stash) tried to get me to open up but I was too deep in the hole of denial (not the river) to talk with her. It wasn't till I was 20 years older that I realized what all she DID do to 'help' without saying anything.

Jenn

With the hours she worked and by the time I hit puberty, I was paying for my own clothes she didn't really have much say. I was on the alternative side so nothing was a shock for her really. long hair, short hair, mohawks, faux hawks, blue hair, black hair, kilts, dresses, corsets, suits - the rules were pretty simple don't show my bits or at least don't let her know about it. Although she did make me take self defense courses, but would deny she knew who I was if she was with her friends.

I think it was mostly too exhausted, too old care. Besides my sister was more of the problem child in the family, it pissed off my dad (which was a bonus for her), and I maintained a decent grades. Didn't exactly get along well though.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    My mom and sisters were not actively supportive, as they never & still don't "officially" know about my CDing. With that being said, when I did dress in my sisters things during those early, teeenage years... it did seem odd that certain favorite items would be left out in plain view. Let's be honest here ladies... GGs are pretty much God's smartest and most intuitive creatures.... I'm sure all of our Moms and Sisters knew... LOL.

If by supportive and encouraging you mean oppressive and debilitating, then yes, I had a VERY supportive mother and sister growing up. Maybe that is why I don't miss either of them.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    If by supportive and encouraging you mean oppressive and debilitating, then yes, I had a VERY supportive mother and sister growing up. Maybe that is why I don't miss either of them.
    My mum was EXACTLY the same. Hmm -- if your mum was that way and my mum was that way -- I wonder that means that were both -- mums.

My mum hated every feminine aspect of me. She tried to destroy that part of me through humiliation and emotional abuse. It didn't work

My sister wasn't accepting at the time, but she does now.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

PS -- Officially, I am no longer a CDer cause I'm married and had sex -- with a woman. Ah -- whatever.
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_in_Mansfield View Post
    This.
    same here !!

My grandmother encouraged me and helped when I was very young. Mom and Dad didn't approve, but Grandmother was very cool with it.