Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working at Macy's for the holiday season

Working at Macy's for the holiday season

[SIZE=4]Yes, I am working at the Macy's in Burlington Washington in the Cascade Mall at the Women's fragrance counter. I am support staff to the commissioned sales staff, ringing their sales and assisting customers with selections. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I applied online, got an interview, was made an offer, given 8 hours of various training including their cash register system and scheduled. I work from 5 to 9 hours daily with a myriad of other girls and love it. My feet hurt but I can't help smiling all day long.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]All you really have to do to be in the public is do it. With a name tag, you gain instant credibility and all the customers have the impression that since you were hired you must be legitimate. I am![/SIZE]

301 rony 12-11-09 19 (2).jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

That is wonderful news, Tamarav!!! And you look absolutely terrific! I am so happy for you! What a great Christmas story! Thanks for sharing.
    warmly, Linnea

Good for you! I luv Macy's, its my fav department store here in Atlanta. Probably a third of my cloths are from there. Hope you enjoy working there sweetie.

Macy's is wonderful

..and tamara so are you!! very happy for you and have fun...

Congratulations

I am sure you will have the biggest smile as long as your feet are ok
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Way to go, tamarav! Somehow I knew you'd be great at that job.....

It is said that jealousy is not a desirable emotion but I'll admit, I'm beyond jealous right now. Much congratulations Tamara!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Working at Macy's for the holiday season

that's wonderful, what a great job,

Tamara
    I am so happy all is working out well at Macy's
    Merry Christmas to you.
    Love RJ
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

I wish I were closer, I need another fragrance.

Tamara what happened to the hairdressing gig you had? Not enough money or what? Or is this a second job?

Whatever you do I'm sure it all is for the good.

Blessings

Celeste
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

[SIZE=4]Well, I am having a ball working at Macy's. I am right in the thick of things and running around helping customers find their favorite fragrance and assist others that don't know yet what they want. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]None of my co-workers have stood off and pointed to me or anything, in fact, all of them have stopped by and welcomed me. It is really nice to be accepted as one of the girls. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Two of our members on this forum have stopped by in drab and said hi. They will chime in if they feel like it. I did see a CD dressed very tastefully moving through the makeup department but I couldn't catch her to say hi. She moved pretty fast, almost a dead giveaway. She really looked good though and my co-worker commented on her beautiful heels.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am pushing to get a full time permanent job here in this or another department after the holiday season. We will see how that goes.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Thank you all for the supportive comments![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Tamara, that is so cool! Try not to spend your paycheck, before you leave each night!
    NOT your girl next door!

I've been laid off for none months now. There are absolutely no openings in my professional field. I am at the point of filing applications any place for any type of work. I've got to get something going soon or my wife and I sink into financial ruin. I'm really considering dressing up really pretty and applying at Victoria Secret or Dillards or Macy's ..anywhere. I'm not sure, but I think Dallas has a non discrimenation law which coveres gender idenity as well as many other types of "isms".

I just think my wife would freak if I got such a job.

Paula

Gold Member
    Yea for you Tamarav. I can imagine nothing more exciting for you. Have fun and don't spend all your earned money there......just some of it!!

Tamara congratulations sis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You go girl !!!!!!!!!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Good for you, Tamara. Shows what a positive attitude can accomplish! Wish I didn't live 90 miles away down in Federal Way, I'd love to stop by for a spritz. Have a wonderful Holiday Season, hon.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

TAMMIE

that is great i will have to come buy and visit when i get to wa next month

happy holiday's susie

working at Macy's

Tamara

You go girl, it sounds like you are having a good time.
    I love being a girl

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I am so happy for you. Women like you making it in the world today helps to prove to Mr. and Mrs. Average American that we are just like them. Well almost, we have better fashion sense Let us know if you get a perm commission job. I will be in Seattle later this spring and would love to come by and say hello while working in some shopping.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Tami,

Something tells me Macy's will find a full time position for you after the holiday season. I see a new MAC counter coming to the Burlington store that will need someone to manage it.

I may just make another trip up there this week.

Evie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Tami,

Fantastic! ... and having met you in perosn I can imagine just how helpful you are to everyone you meet. Sounds like this job is right up your alley and it looks like being trans is totally a non-issue as far as Macys is concerned (assuming they know that is). If you are looking to get permanent placement there does this mean that your beautician work will stop?

Anyway, good for you!

Hugs
    Rachel
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Way to go!!!

Hi Tamara,

Glad you enjoy your job. I enjoy mine to at Big Boy and KMART... It's really nice being accepted from your co-workers as well as the customers and being addressed as "MISS".

Another TG in the workforce. Everyone we meet educates the Public that we are just ordinary people to.

Good Luck with your Future at Macy's and your Journey....
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    I've been laid off for none months now. There are absolutely no openings in my professional field. I am at the point of filing applications any place for any type of work. I've got to get something going soon or my wife and I sink into financial ruin. I'm really considering dressing up really pretty and applying at Victoria Secret or Dillards or Macy's ..anywhere. I'm not sure, but I think Dallas has a non discrimenation law which coveres gender idenity as well as many other types of "isms".

I just think my wife would freak if I got such a job.

Paula
    Dear Paula
    Hon you should give it a shot. Be honest about yourself and let them know your situation. Im sure that if you looked the part and did the job well they would not think twice about hiring you. Keep us posted and Good Luck.
    Jerry in NYC