Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: when did you try make up

I think it was around age 14 or 15. I remember trying to use my mother's make up, especially her lipstick and mascara.

Amy

I'm not sure - sometime pre-teen I do remember playing around with my mother's makeup. I didn't get serious about it until about 14 years ago and it's been lots more fun this way.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

I tried some of my sister's lipstick when I was in my teens. Didn't really care for it then. Tried some again a while ago and am addicted to it now.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    I only started using makeup about 2 years ago. Don't know why it took so long. I looove eyeshadow and fake eyelashes. I feel like the 1st time I really saw Samantha was the 1st time I did my eyeshadow and fake eyelashes perfectly. It's like a transformation when I'm done with my eyes, I love that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

soooo late :)

Just after we "found" Tina (4 years ago) my wife and I were on a trip and had just gone on our first shopping trip for Tina. We needed to stop in a pharmacy and while we were picking up what we needed my wife suddenlyt stopped in front of the eye makeup and handed me mascara and eye liner saying, "Tina will need these now!"

That's when I started!

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

A little behind the curve

Wow! So many of you girls started making up so young. My mom was always into makeup and I had an older sister who used it a lot, too, but that nevr occured to me, I think.

Although I started with nylons and panties by about age 8, it wasn't until about three years or so ago that I took the leap. I tried using the wifes but I don't like much of what she wears, so I started buying my own and trying different things. I think I have most of it down pretty good except being consistant and graceful with eyeliner. It takes me quiet a while to add eyeliner and feel really good about what the mirror shows me.

XXs,
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

I used to "borrow" my mother's lipstick when I was 4 years old. Of course, my lips looked like a children's coloring book -- didn't stay within the lines. I guess I kinda looked like Bozo the Clown. Of course, when I got caught, punishment ensured.

hi,
    I first tried lipstick this year (well last year really because this is a new year) - aged fiftysomething.
    Could it be eyeshadow next year?
    luv J

Sadly I haven't yet,not any time alone,hopefully soon though.

I was 'bout five @ the time. It was mum's lipstick!

when did you try make up

I had to learn make up about 20 years ago wen I did fashion photography. but never put any on my self for10 more years wen I really started dressing.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    For a long time I only experimented with lipstick. Last week was the first time I had a makeover and I loved the way I looked.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I think the first real time was when I dressed "the good witch from the North" in Wizard of Oz for halloween in college. I also loved wearing that gown!

I have dabbled with lipstick and I think eye shadow in the past, but can't remember any particular occasion. It is only in the last few years that I have really got into using make up. En femme is great, but en femme made up, is so much better.

Former Member
    I was 12 or 13. Makeup is what got me started crossdressing. I experimented with it before I tried on women's clothing. It was my first love and is still my favorite part of crossdressing.

i was about 11 or 12... love eye shadow!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Desiree

My first time with makeup wasn't until I was about 22 and had 2 kids both girls and both born while I was in Vietnam. One each trip. I had been dressing since I was 8 but never used makeup. I was the oldest of 9, you have no private time and I never thought of it. I just liked dresses and thought they made me look pretty.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

lipstick, maybe 6-7. Lipstick and mascara, not sure. I remember a male friend of mine(same age) noticed I had mascara on at around 13, and made fun of me. Resulting in me denying it and washing it off frantically, very ashamed. I had forgotten about it. But I did use a little makeup all through my school years. Not enough that anyone noticed.
    Last edited by Byanca; 01-18-2010 at 10:38 PM.

I would put on lipstick in the bathroom starting around age 8-10. I had a pretty good collection of lipsticks in my teens. I didn't use much else until I had more privacy when I was in my twenties. In my thirties and continuing still, I discovered that I loved all makeup, heavy makeup, bold makeup. Makeup was exciting in itself, even more so when fully dressed. I especially love very long and thick eyelashes, black liquid eyeliner, lots of eye shadow, deep red lipstick with long nails painted to match. I like a heavy foundation, but also find it necessary for good coverage. On many occasions when I couldn't fully make up and dress, I would just wear pantyhose and high heels while heavily applying deep red lipstick. Never fails to excite.

i think from what i remember about 8 trying my mums lippy and ruining it but i think spurned me on to dress. also i remember a teacher of mine wearing bright red lipstick and long red nails and being fascinated by her.

I have never really experimented or played around wiht makeup. I do recall being around 15 or 16 years old and putting on my mother's lipstick once when no one was at home. I remember not caring for the taste of it on my lips.

Later, when I was about 20 or 21, I was dating a 17 year old girl. one night at her house, she, her mom, and her little sister thought it would be funny or fun to put makeup on me. I was into crossdressing at that time, but she didn't know.

I remember them putting mascara and eye shadow on me. Either I was allegic to the mascara or they accidently got some in my eye, because my eyes became red and puffed up.

If her parents had not have made me quit seeing her, I probably would have married her. I beleive that she would have been able to accept my crossdressing and we could have enjoyed my other persona.

I just recently tried make up for the first time. I looked like Marilyn Manson after a 3 day drunk .

I have a profound respect for how good you girls look in your make up, eventually I hope I learn.

I have always loved makeup. I can remember sneaking out some of my mom's lipstick when I was four or five years old. I don't recall getting caught.

I wear a light shade of eyeshadow everyday. I also wear a small amount of mascara and concealer. I don't feel right going out without it on.

After wearing makeup for a while, I now understand why why gg's constantly go to the bathroom to "check" their makeup.

I find myself going more and more to the restroom, even excusing myself sometimes from the table sometimes, to make sure my mascara is just right and not flaking.

I always give myself a little giggle when I check to make sure everything is okay.

I wear lipstick as often as possible and love the way it looks and feels.

I started make up in my teens when my mother was out for the day;I would dress fully and also use hair spray and I loved experimenting with different shades of lipstick and eyeshadow.Once dressed I would put on a favourite record and dance and relax!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Mom would always yell at me for playing with her makeup just because I could really do some damage to a tube of lipstick.

I really started using and wearing makeup in Drama in Jr. High. It was the wonderful andro 80's so I just kept on wearing it! All my buddies thought I wanted to be a metal glam rocker.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer