Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when did you try make up

when did you try make up

I started putting on make up during my pre teen years,maybe 11 or 12.Just before I would get in the bath I would put on eye shadow,eye liner and lipstick my mother had in the drawer.I would admire it in a hand held mirror then wash it away,dry off put a pair of my sister's panties on and go to bed....I get a tingly feeling inside just thinking about it.

I began trying make-up when I was about 12. I started buying my own when I was 16, shortly after I got my driver's license.
    warmly, Linnea

I dressed for a LONG time before trying makeup. I only began using makeup when I wanted to start going out dressed, before that I didn't see any need for it since I was just staying home and makeup, in itself, didn't have any attraction for me.

I still struggle with it, I don't have enough interest in doing it to really learn how to do it well, but I am starting to think of it as one of the things I need before I can think of myself as fully dressed.

Sometimes while watching television at night, I'll play with a few things for practice, but at this pace it is going to be 100 years before I know what most girls know by the time they are 20!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I used to get in soo much trouble for playing with my Mom's makeup!. First time I really got to play with makeup and not get in trouble was drama in Junior High. I learned a lot of the techniques I still use today doing stage makeup.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by bridget jones View Post
    I started putting on make up during my pre teen years,maybe 11 or 12.Just before I would get in the bath I would put on eye shadow,eye liner and lipstick my mother had in the drawer.I would admire it in a hand held mirror then wash it away,dry off put a pair of my sister's panties on and go to bed....I get a tingly feeling inside just thinking about it.
    Age 22 - not enough privacy before that.

Not having a sister, and with Mom using only a touch of lipstick on occasion and Grandma using no makeup at all, I was spared the temptation until I was through school - - Except,

My focus from preschool days had always been legs and feet, and the wonderful silky feeling sheer hose and the the pretty high heels that adorn them. So at age 17 when I acquired a pair of really cute white sandals, my toenails cried out for some color. That was my start with makeup, when I bought a bottle of bright pink polish. I remember telling myself out loud, "gee, you have really pretty feet".

Not until in my mid-twenties when I had my own apartment and owned a few dresses did I get into real makeup, as I could see my eyes lacked the sparkle they needed, and my face was dull and drab.

I never developed that much makeup ritual. I mostly just add the color and highlight needed to let my pretty clothes present their best.

Daisy

At about 12, the first time I stepped into my mother's panties. One thing led to another and by the time I was done I was wearing her lipstick too.

To the best of my memories, I was around 11 years old.

In High School I messed around a lot with makeup.. Wasn't very good.. And a little in college.. But I gioit adicted to makeup 5 years ago.. I have been a moderator on a women's makeup forum going on 2 years now and I can't quit!! Its so a part of my life I
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

At age 13 about a year after I started dressing.

My mother is quite pretty and always used a lot of makeup. I think I was 10 or 11 when I started using it. I still love makeup and I think I'm better at it than my wife!!

[SIZE="3"]My crossdressing started with makeup, at the ripe old age of 5 years old.
    I started with lipstick.
    Clothes came shortly after.
    Mascara at 7 years old.
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

when did you try make up

make up was one of the last things I tried, and I was in my late 40"s

At 13 I dabbled in mascara and lipstick, and at 15 I got my first total makeover at the hands of a woman who was a friend of the man I worked for. Looking back, I am reminded of those little kids that you see on TV.The ones who's mothers dress and make them up to enter them in beauty contests. A little adult face and a child's body.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

My mom didn't wear much makeup so I believe my first attempts were when I was about 17 and could drive to the store alone.
    Thinking back on it I must have looked a sight. Probably more the "French *****" look than the girl next door for sure.

Glad I was able to learn over time and be much better when I first decided to venture out in the world...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I never used makeup when I dressed at home because I didn't think it was worth the effort since no one would see me. Another reason was because my mother never used much makeup when I was younger so I never had the opportunity to try it, except for lipstick.
    A few years ago I bought my first makeup, eyeshadow and lipstick and started experimenting with that. I started buying the rest of my makeup last year, after deciding I had to transition after living a lie for so long. I had a makeover on December 30th, last year and on New Years Eve I went out dressed for the first time. It took me about three hours to put on the make up for the sirst time. I have since got it down to about an hour. It still needs some work but I am happy with the way it is progressing.
    living the dream

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I wanted to in my teen years but was always afraid to for two reasons. Mainly because the only make-up in the house belonged to my sister, and I didn't want her to notice I was using her stuff (it was bad enough I was wearing her clothes) and because I was afraid I'd get caught with it on. People in my house had a habit of coming home unexpectedly. Clothes I could whip off real quick, but make-up took a while to wash off. I did experiment a little with Halloween make-up kits and, in my later years, water color paint (seriously), but I actually never fully started wearing make-up until I started going out in public, about two and a half years ago.

Of course now, I don't really care who sees me with make-up on.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Some where around first grade, was I six then ? I loved the taste of lip stick. That was 1955/56, I wonder what was in that stuff, that made me want to do it more ? The problem came in when trying to wash it off. I know mom had to know. LoL

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by bridget jones
    [SIZE="2"]I first put on makeup when I was a little boy – I often think about that. I wasn’t punished (that I can remember), but many years went by before I tried it again, so maybe I had a “blackout” about some unpleasant childhood episode. I just wanted to be pretty. I did a lot of experimentation with makeup on my own before I sought out any advice, but I eventually made myself presentable. Putting on makeup always makes me feel like I’ve crossed the boundary between crossdressing and transvestism, but that’s my own personal line of demarcation. Even just putting on lipstick, or thinking about it, gives me the “tingly” feeling you mention in the OP, Bridget…[/SIZE]

i was 14 and dressed as a gypsy gilr for Halloween and I got to wear lipstick! I think it came from a neighbor girl as my mom didn't wear it.

I was probably around 13 or 14. If i remember right i didnt look very good either. I guess thats when i realized i was going to need help.

My foray into CDing was with makeup. I'd wake up at wierd hours of the night and slip off to the bathroom and play with Mom's collection. That was years before I started in with the clothes. I think I was somewhere between 5 and 8.

Now, whew! I'll put my colour collection against almost anyones!
    Last edited by Blaire; 12-12-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

age 12. My mom used to get so mad because I'd break her lipsticks.

Like when I was around the age of 9 or 10.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I believe it was around 12 or 13.