Thread: Closing the closet door from outside in a broad daylight

Closing the closet door from outside in a broad daylight

I am not completely new here in the forum but to somewhat degree I did not introduce myself properly. To compensate this since I find it to be a long story (almost worth writing book) I would like to share an experience I have had this summer which is going to be quite longish therefore if it doesnot manage to get fit into one message I will see to split it up in several. I have thought of different forms but at the end I understand that it deserves to be published here.

Usually I do not start new threads because I believe that one idea of discussion should be in one thread. Saying this I would like to see this thread albeit not the first one to be inviting to put stories of coming out. Ones that are out of closet shall be invited to share their first experience, ones that are thinking of coming out shall be invited to ask or doubt it.

It all starts with coming out to my close friend. She is GG and I'll call her here Big Sister or just Sister with capital S.

Now, several months ago, I have been walking with her on the street and suddenly I have decided to come out to her verbally. Previously to that I have had a lot of talks about different things and I know that she is dealing with a lot of different people and among them with gays and lesbians and I know that she is easy on that but I could not forecast what kind of reaction she would have. I would spear you from history of my relations but it is important to say that I have had all sort of relationships in my life but this one is really extraordinary.

While walking on the street I told her that I would like her to help me finding some items and if she doesnot mind to help me shopping. She asked me what and I stated: garter belt. She looked at me and asked: is it for your wife. And I have negated, I have said: it is for me. Since you are approximately of my size I think you can help me on this. She almost screamed of joy - she have said: I looooooooove shopping. And she took me to several lingerie stores to shop for garter-belt. It ended up by buying two belts and lace slip but that is less important, what was more important is that we talked about this as something magically new that we can relate on that it creates joy for me and for her and she have had all sort of questions for me and I was very relaxed with talks about my understandings and pleased to answer her questions. She have also said that she would like to see me dressed.

Some time passed on, I was visiting her at one occasion, and she have taken me to her basement to see if she has something that I can wear. We have had fun trying some of her clothes, but that was just clothes. I was not up to dressing at that time really. Also on that occasion she admitted to me that she have had desire to do makeup for some of her boyfriends but they have refused that with dignity. And when she asked me if I'd mind. Heck, not at all, I'd even enjoy it. So she did some makeup on me. It turned out amazingly good. Just to say this that I have been experimenting with my makeup already for years. But she was wizard in doing small tricks with amazing effects. But at that time I have had beard. I do normally wear beard. I hate to shave - unless I am up to dressing. Makeup was excellent, she was pleased, I was pleased but I have had to go. There was no time.

She then asked me when we are going to go out as two girls. I have promised that when I am really in the mood and opportunity to do it I would do it. I have only asked her if she doesnot mind since that is at first something I am reluctant to do (being a closet) that we first go somewhere for a walk where is dark and not a lot of people. She agreed to that as we sometimes go for a walk in parks to discuss something and have walk on a fresh air.

Some time passed, I have been searching for breast forms and I wanted to buy some wigs because my hair would be hard to fashion to girls hairdressing. I was visiting her again and showed wigs and breast forms and we giggled about that, she wanted to try wigs also and she have me one of her bras that she doesnot wear. (I bet by now you say how lucky I am but this is nothing to what is going to be). Otherwise we spent time her instructing me what girls do and what do not when being out. That have had a lot of revelations to me and I have had hundreds of questions.

After that passed some couple of months.

This summer she was visiting me because she likes to go swimming and there are places to go swimming in Niagara Region. On her first visit I was feeling somewhat sick but have dressed at home in some home outfit and she was pleased but we did not go out. Otherwise we went for her swimming, I was in my male dressing when we went out.

Then she have opted to come again two weeks later. I was feeling much better so I have told her that I would go out as we talked before. But did not even dream what it may come out from that.

For days before she arrived I was dressing, and in the meantime I have bought this small depilator machine that instead of shaving pluck hair out (like you will do with wax). Process of depilation took several days as it was painful as I am quite hairy but results are awesome. Instead of shaving whenever I need to dress I was staying smooth for days and after several days it became just fine cleaning not painful at all. It took me some time to remove hair from chest area, legs and back have been much less problem and much less painful. Breasts and tummy was worst - it was painful. Later I figured out that is better to trim the hair first. I wanted to spare her of time lost on that so we can concentrate on what we want to achieve - me coming out. So I was intensively dressing (and forgive me I was too busy doing that and going to work that I did not have time to hang in forum). A night before she cam I took car and drove for a while fully dressed with wig and makeup by the night. This was just to get into the mood. It was not coming out a such but it was thrilling experience as all my outing before would be just to come out to yard or eventually take a walk around the block in late night.

She came and since it was my birthday these days she have brought me presents: a book (very interesting one that I am reading now) and second gorgeous floral print skirt, black with yellow flowers as we talked before that I love yellow color. With that a matching bijou bracelet. Skirt was aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww! the last scream of fashion. She have said - it is a "must have skirt for a girl like me" I did not liked it at first as I thought that it is not fitting me well but later I figured out that she was right and that it actually looks good and felt in love with it. Now it is one of my favourites to wear.

She insisted that I wear that skirt while I was more to wear something else, but she have said, you're wrong, first you go bare legs - no tights or pantyhose, this is summer skirt and as every smart girl with panty-hose you will look ****ty, this is for bare legs thats how one decent girl will wear it. I have opted for black top and modest necklace. She agreed. I did not shave my arms so we opted that I take cardigan on top to cover arms. I argued to put something on my wrists to hide some hair but she had again excellent advice not to stress the parts that you have problem with but to stress the parts that look good. And these were my legs. Of course I have painted my nails on toes and fingers. She did my makeup and it was awesome evening one. She complained that is pity that with all effort we put in we do not go somewhere where others can see me, I was terrified with such idea. I have reminded her that I want first to get on with me with peace and that other people will distract me from getting into real feeling for the beginning. There was slight argument about shoes but I won at the end wearing beloved black sandals. We went into back yard as I was telling her that I have excercized my walking to look feminine. And that I do not know what to do with my arms and how move them so it looks OK. So we spent some time me walking over backyard and she observing and commenting, she was amused with many little things that I have pointed out that I would need to work on. We giggled that I should take ballet lessons, and I joked that in such case I would need tutu as I absolutely refuse to take ballet lessons as guy. With this I would like to answer to some threads - if you wish to look feminine you need to unglue your joints. We guys are usually so stiff that movements reveal what we are. Of all excercize I would honestly choose ballet as the most putting into feminine shape excercize. At the end of the day girls do choose ballet for the same reasons to become graceful. Note that girls.

We agreed to one more thing, while we are out for a walk, that she will instruct me as girl as this is the right moment that I learn what girls do and what don't.

After walking and movement checkup, some small makeup fixing, and chatting about girls ways of being out, she declared that is the time to go as we are ready, I hasted to handbag finding and took matching one of my wife's. She was inpatient that we go. I was a bit hesitant but that is what I was up to. So we sit in her car for she will drive. Feeling was awesome. It was thrilling in the same time I was enjoying finally being on seat as girl and someone driving me as girl. Mixture of feeling was amazing. She started joking and teasing me about that I should pay more attention with which strangers I sit in the car and that this can be dangerous move for a girl, with a grin on her face, saying I am going to be naughty to you. I felt vulnerable, but she was quick with assurance that this is not her idea to be nasty but I should understand what it means to girl if she sits in someone car to be driven away. My girls world have been explosively expanding, I was learning like sponge.

She asked me where we are going and I have suggested a spot by the river. We went there. Parked. Then we were about to get out of the car. Again same thrill as we went with the car, looking around, fear, pleasure everything in the same moment.

First couple of steps have been as some have said - knee knocking. I felt my legs as not being part of me. I knew I looked good, totally passable yet I did not know how to behave and walk albeit all practicing in walking. But after a while I relaxed, took it as it is and we went for a while down the street. We came to some lighter part and that was in front of the motel. She said that by her instincts this is not good place to be. And she explained me that motels are very unsafe place especially in Niagara where there are so many people coming and that there is chance that we hit unfriendly people. Especially by the night. As it is not common that girls walk by late night (Note that too when you wander out on dark places).

So we decided to choose another spot. We went for the drive. And we went for the drive through area that is full of people that come to see falls and they do it even late in night. But there was not too many people and we passed it and went further away. Choosed another place for parking by the river in more residential area, and there was table and benches. We both felt safe there. And we stayed there for a while talking. After a while she got frightened by some animal and I was knocked to help her and we decided to go home and call it a day. Afterwards we sat in the yard and chatted for a while and went to sleep.

All of this was great but this was just a prelude to things to come.

Next morning she waked me up. I did not take off my makeup - was too tired, as previous night everything was happening after me coming from my evening shift of work. She slapped me that this is improper and that my desire to be beautiful in the morning (i.e. with makeup) is nice to wish but it is inappropriate for a good girl. All girls take makeup before bed no matter how tired they are because they do not want to ruin their face.

She have been sipping morning coffee and I was in my night gown still not fully awaken. It was late morning. She said: Now I want to go swimming. I said let me take my makeup and let me dress and we go. No, she said: you go as is, just wear something for the day. The idea was mind blowing. I have found myself instantly awake trying to find solution to the situation. I did not plan to go as girl in a broad daylight. That was out of plan. I was completely unprepared for this outcome. I hesitated. But she was pressing. I want to go now and you look good, actually very good, just go dressed appropriately and I will fix your makeup a bit for a day. I was still hesitant, I pointed that I feel my beard slightly grown and that I do not think I will pass. She was assuring me that this is not the case and that I look great and that I should not worry about any of the looks. I opted for a dress I have which is somewhat summer dress that is long and hiding my male shape easily. I took slippers. And a long sleeved top. That was a bit over-dressy but still acceptable, I was not after swimming anyway. I was still hesitant but after fixing my makeup a bit she was pressing that we should not loose time. I did not have much of a choice. I went with her.

Being a girl in a broad daylight really does the trick. Falls have been packed with people. I was by now girl, very confident in me being me in this appearance. Just a find mind tuning. While we drove through the crowd I asked how should I behave i.e. what will be appropriate for a girl to behave. She said to me, try not to be smart as you are. I laughed, we laughed, I asked how not to be smart? All my life everybody have been teaching me to be smart, suddenly I figured out that I do not know how not to be smart. So I honestly asked, how I do that? She said, lets say you get easily impressed with everything. So I started saying woow on the crowd and on the falls and felt relaxed. There was not need to be smart. Just enjoying. Coy, obedient, someone who follows not leads, open, simple, relaxed, happy, smiling. All came at once. And another thing was liberating too that came to my mind at that note. I stop being worried if someone will read me that I am not a girl. That was totally relaxing. I just slipped into somewhat teenage girl personality. Everything was known around me but suddenly everything had completely different meaning. It was unexplainable experience. I felt very OK. And I started sensing different world. We drove for a while and end-up in place for for her swim. Again it was a bit hard to leave car but by now I was much less hesitant. I was more paying attention that my wig stays in place and that dress stays properly (and breast forms). A small glance in the mirror before getting out of car. Even slight applying of lipstick. Nothing that every girl would not do. Then we took our things and I boldly went to the place where we will place ourselves on the beach. This place is consisted of several small islands, extremely lovely natural area, usually there are quite a lot of people there. It was morning and it was not packed. But people are not far away. Next to us, older couple. They did not pay too much attention to us. Across, some guy, her wife and two kids having fun in water. He looked at me. His wife was not close. I sat on the towel, my Sister changed in swimming suit and went for swim, leaving me alone on the shore. I was feeling little inappropriate but I was relaxed. There was no point into doing anything else but being relaxed. I have had no choice, I was patient. In the same time I was taking care that how I sit my dress doesnot go into improper positions revealing too much. Guy across passed some comments about weather and nice environment. I nodded. She wanted to talk to me. His wife arrived, she was also friendly. I did not talk but agreed. My Sister came out later, we talked and I was keeping my voice low not to reveal too much of who am I. Kids gave me at first a strange look but having fun in water have been more amusing. I watched them. Wife across have been proud of them, seeing that I watch them, she felt close to me, she tried to chat me up with some comments I was smiling, kids have been having fun. It was friendly experience. We stayed a while. I was feeling very OK, no fears, some attention how I look when I move, otherwise I think I was looking very appropriate.

When my Sister have had enough swim she suggested that we explore some other parts of the area. She changed. We picked up our things and went away, waving to the couple across, they waved back in the gesture of saying bye. Kids continued playing in the water. Shortly it it was relaxing.

We went to another more lonely part. Have sat on the stone, I made mistake by sitting into wet part. My dress became wet on my butt part. I joked that I would look like I pissed in my pants. We laughed. And stayed there for a while chatting. Then she suggested (as she is addict on coffee) that we go and have some coffee. I agreed as place started being crowdy. We again picked our things and went trough the arriving crowd to the car. By that time I was almost playful in my role. I have enjoyed it. I have commented that kids have given me strange look but my Sister said, that is because you are all done. You have full makeup and hair dressing as if you went out for a lunch or dinner it is somewhat inappropriate for the beach but you did not came for swim anyway I did, maybe you just brought me to this place to indulge my need and you need to go later to do something for what you need to be ready. It is not that inappropriate.

We went for drive-trough coffee. I felt easy. We took two cappucinos. Typical girlish thing together with straws (not to ruin lipstick . I forgot what we chatted about but she said that we should go shopping for some cosmetics and some accessories for her bath she will take when I go to my work. So we went to Shoppers.

Parking was full of cars, there were some people inside, not a lot not a little. We went in, straight to cosmetics. If you are guy you do not hang out there and you do not pick up things to try. This was awesome, if we needed to be there for two hours we would be there. Cosmetitian was amused. Another girl that was working there was at unease, both of them have noted something strange with us. I was sensing everything but for the difference I was the one that was confident. I took it easy and with amusement. I was browsing for cover-up. I told my Sister before that I need some better cover, liquid powder / foundation was not good enough to cover beard. We could not find it. So my Sister asked cosmetitian for help, them two started browsing shelves for the appropriate stuff. Then they commented on my skin colour and which one would be the best for my skin type and color. They picked up some. My Sister tried it on me. They both took a close look if that successfully covers my beard. They have been satisfied with outcome. I was amazed, that is what they say about women's solidarity. When it comes to solving girls problems (even that girl is not a girl but has a problem) they will put all effort to help you become better. That was extraordinary experience. My Sister asked cosmetitian for her name. Then she introduced us, and she asked cosmetitian to help me on the days when I come alone and she is there working. I got a cosmetitian girl friend - do you know what that means!!!! Cosmetitian was blond and cute, gorgeous woman and she enjoyed us obviously, we've been joking all the way around. I picked some lipstick for my Sister, my advise on colour was indispensable. I knew what is going to look good on her. It was going on and on, then we spent some time looking for masks for my Sister and for the body lotion for me (once you pluck your hair out skin needs moisturizing more than usual). All sorts of girls problems to be solved. Some people have been passing by, even if they noted, they went away, I was also browsing girls magazines while my Sister was shopping for some cream. In short it was awesome. I regret that I did not have more money to buy some creams for face. Never mind now I have cosmetitian friend. That is relaxing too.

It was getting the time for me to go to work, so we left Shoppers. On arrival home I almost bumped into my neighbour, my Sister commented that we are two girls from Toronto visiting me that was funny, I laughed and we went trough with the car to my driveway that goes behind house, entered on the rear door....

I needed to change for work, take of my nail polish and makeup, take a good shower... It was suddenly so depressing and inappropriate to come back to male clothes. I regretted that I needed to go to work. It would be more appropriate to go out for a lunch.... I felt soo good.

That evening we went out again, this time I was so confident in me that we went to see Falls. This is middle of the public place. There were people there, I was fighting with wind that was tending to lift my long skirt. Another amusement for being girl. I was handling it gracefully. Handbag helped me to be OK with my arms. Afterwards we went for swings. Being girl in skirt on a swing makes some good feelings. My Sister commented that I should enjoy wind on my legs. It was sensual. Security guy popped out from somewhere, he was worried about us two being alone and asked if we are going to stay long on swings. My Sister replied that we will go soon. I enjoyed being watched over and safe.

Once you make yourself OK with you outing things become easier. You simply learn how to deal with people in another way. No, I will not go alone, it is somewhat inappropriate for a girl to go alone by day and especially by night. When I think about my step daughter I admire her courage but now I deeply understand her option to take cab instead of walking around when going out at night. World become different place by seeing it from another angle that I never before experienced. When I think of it I believe that all of us should at least at some times in our life really take every role in full in order to understand each other better. I believe that my crossdressing is empowering me with the experience beyond limits I have had before and if I can share that understanding with every soul on this planet I believe this planet would be much happier place to live in.

I hope that this story will encourage you to explore yourself more and to share that exploration with ones that are close to you. Life is so short, and not being able to experience it in every possible way is pure loss. I know you'd say I am lucky person to have such friend or supporting wife, but it also comes from me. I asked my Sister afterwards how she feels about all that was there some value for her. She said that she is missing me being that girl and that I made her enjoy some things she thought she doesnot enjoy any more. I was extremely pleased to learn that but failing to see how I did it. Maybe it was just that I was spreading good mood and being happy about me and everything around me. I do not know but I know that for the first experience in my lifetime that I have closed the closet door from outside on a broad daylight it was pleasurable and educational experience and I wish that all of you that are in closet have chance to do it in some way that would make you happy and be as much relaxing and enjoyable as it was for me.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Wow great post Stelli! (Re)Welcome aboard! Your story is wonderful, I love to read about girls that no longer hide in that dark, damp dress wrinkling closet!! Thanks!
    Last edited by Jennifer_Ph; 08-03-2004 at 04:59 AM.

HillaryArtemis

Stelli,

Great story, Stelli. I love it. The part about knowing how and when to dress is important. I will share a story with you too. Last night my wife and I were dressing and she suggested I go out. It was late and I agreed. I was beautiful and we looked in the mirror together and we looked very similar. Of course, she is much more beautiful than I, but I could pass especially from a distance of a few feet. She asked if I wanted to go to this alternative bar. I said only with her, cause I felt unsafe there. I knew what type of men might be there. I practised saying somethings, such as "I am sorry, I am not interested" or "no, thank you." But I told her girls needed to be together to be safe. She agreed, I think that she was still in someways thinking of me in my normal role. She couldn't leave the kids alone sleeping so there was no way tonight we could go together. You know since she has been helping me with my eye make up, my ability to pass has greatly increased. As for my walking - I have walked on my toes for my whole life - a torment that earned me endless teasing all through school - but oddly a helpful attribute here. Actually I can really act well like a girl, but my voice is my biggest problem. I try and speak softly and not say much. My wife and I have some planned trips together coming up, but yesterday was not one of them.

So I hit the car. On the road Jodi felt better and better. It was late as always probably about 2:00am. I drove past that bar downtown, but I did not feel safe going in. If my wife was with me, I would have had no problem. She likes Jodi a lot and best friends have good times together at bars regardless. Anyway so Iwas bored with going to convience stores. I didn't really want anything there anyway. So I decided to hit Shoppers again. There I browsed the store wearing my bare legs, long pink dress, red carrigan, black Mary Janes, glasses, long black hair, French nails (God, I love them - that was the first time my wife did them last night), and full make up. I walked past the pharmacist and some clerks who were busy stocking shelves - no one cared to look at me. I bought a bottle of water and the forties male clerk didn't seem to notice anything. I walked out to the car, quite happy - I looked carefully behind in the big glass windows of Shoppers to see if anyone was looking. Nothing and nobody. I felt great!

Where to next? I checked out some all night Restaurants, but there were to many young men -who could be drunk- there. I know I was dressed somewhat sexy. Hell, I would look if I was a man in the restarurant. So even if I passed, I could anticipate trouble with drunk young men. I had only fifteen bucks now and a full tank of gas. So where would I go? Grocery shopping at a 24 hour A and P. God, I wish I had more money! I could do a full shopping in dress and linger around the store for an hour or so. I walked into the store right past two men loading a steam vacuum onto a truck. Nothing. I got my cart again and wandered from aisle to aisle looking at products. I have been grocery shopping for my family on a weekly basis since I was fourteen. MY mother hated to do it. Actually my mother gave up house chores after she started to work and I did all the cleaning, shopping and made many meals for my dad and two younger sisters for years and years. My older sister was never good at housekeeping. I guess I just liked it and someone had to do it. So I was careful only to choose about eight bucks worth of products so as not to spend all my money. I would not use my bank card this way in any case. I wandered about for about twenty minutes getting some bread, juice, margarine, and eggs - things a working girl might get if she was off work at the end of some crazy shift (3:00am or so on a holiday weekend). Clerks -men and women- took no notice of me. I was relaxed. As I walked to the counter there was a male clerk blocking my way. I stood and waited until he moved. He moved and said, "Sorry Miss." I will say that during all my outings I often find myself in a state of unreality. I am girly in a reserved way. I saw the cashier. She was about fifty - she knew something was up. I just smiled and acted friendly. She smiled at me and I felt in some weird way that she supported what I was doing. I left the store and was returning home. Suddenly, I said aloud in the car, "Jodi, why are you doing this?" Then I said, "Cause it is so much fun. It really is."
    Returning home, I carefully went into the house to meet my wife. We went to the bedroom and talked as I undressed. But before I did we looked at each other in the mirror again. God we were so beautiful. I really can pass I thought. I started to see myself a different way, and I looked at her - she was so beautiful - growing more each day. She did her nails and tried on my wig and brushed it out. I was beautiful and now going back. But I am quite handsome too.

I realize how special my wife is now and how much I love her and I show it more and more these days. It has made me respect even more than before. Actually before I went out I listened to her for an hour without doing much talking as I asked her about her life and old boyfriends and anything. I learn so much about her. Jodi as a great listener As best friends Jodi and her can talk about anything from makeup, to children, to bjs, to childbirth. I worry a little about her having to deal with such a husband, but as Jodi I try to really read her feelings well and she seems to be enjoying this - sometimes almost as much as me. She gave me a new purse to go out with last night. Anyway it has brought us closer together. Best friends and spouses.

Sometimes, I worry about posting here. I have much to lose - like most CDs - by being generally outed. But you know what? What I do is right for me and I (ah, we are) am merely discovering and growing closer. This was always in me, and I tried to kill it - literally - before and was misreable for years on end.

Before returning home last night, as I drove pass my parents' house, I found myself with a somewhat bitter tone saying aloud, "Look at me, Mom and Dad, I can pass now. I am beautiful. You didn't believe or support me when I was twenty- five, and almost lost everything." But how can I blame them? How could they understand this?" I felt a little bad for saying that to them.

Late, we settled down into bed naked and holding each other. These days we do that a lot, my wife and I. It had been five years since we had done that prior to a few months ago. We awoke to kisses in the morning. Here I write waiting for return from her workout - she is in great shape as I am - as our kids play about in the living room. Our beautiful kids, I don't what the future will hold for them? How will my son be? I will cross my fingers -what I learn about myself could save his life in the future. I was lucky that God spared me and gave me another chance.

JodiArtemis

Marda

Red face *Out*rageous !!!

Hi Stelli,

*Fun*tastik story ... I think I'll read it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and ...

*Congratulations* !!!

... and *Thanx So Much* for the *Inspiration* !!!

Love / Marda

I am noting that shopping is generally safe. Among other A&P and Shoppers seem to be places that if not welcoming then quite safe and appropriate even at evenings.

What makes me giggle is that for a girl shopping is safe activity, now we understand why so much women enjoy shopping

On outer dressing

There is quite some time that I am figuring out how to overcome my need to look in certain way because what I choose makes me somewhat ****ty, instead I am trying to find clothes that look good on me by matching solutions of fashion according to my body shape. The fact is that regardless how much you see yourself in the mirror it is still more important to have advise from someone you trust. My wife likes classy things, and she will point out often that something doesnot look good on me. She also points out that she cannot wear some things herself because they do not look good on her. She takes photos of me so that I can understand why is so. Lately I learned to shop according to my figure. There is no point to choose dress that look good on someone that has perfect girls body. I have my body, not perfect girls one. Some things look better on me and some things look better on some good figured girl. This was important lesson to me.

In story I mention that she instructed me not to wear pantyhose on that first evening. It was feeling coldish that night and I regret not having pantyhose. I am somewhat sensitive to cold. Apart from that panyhose help flatten the "parts" that would otherwise form a bulge. I figured out that "control-top" or "control-tymmy" ones help making appropriate curves on me. But the fact that A-Line skirt she has brought me is summer skirt and by all means with pantyhose will look ****ty. It is for bare legs and slippers. I have choosen sandals for the reason that slippers do not have heel and heel helps me to walk differently. On the second night I opted for longer thicker skirt because I wanted to wear pantyhose for the same reason of feeling cold. I have had flat shoes very like mary-janes. It was appropriate combination. The trick is to choose appropriate outfit. That skirt she brought me was for sunny day not for the somewhat chilly evening. But I wanted to please her also because she wanted me in that skirt. Some of my girlfriends would often complain that in order to look good you need to suffer. Maybe the real explanation to that is that sometimes you need to suffer to look good for someone. But that were sweet pains of being girl.

On a day outing I choosed slippers, ones that I do wear at home often. They have matched style of the dress. It was wide cotton dress and another shoes would not match the style.

I must admit that these little details in dressing make huge difference in overall look and make us passable or not. And as a guy this attention to details often slips away. If you have supportive partner, do chat about what it looks good on you and if something is in style or not. Be open and honest. You will discover whole world of possibilities and combinations and expressions that come out from come combination to wear.

We all tend to choose combinations to stress being sexy, but as much as I enjoy that when comming out I do not want to express it too much. This have lead me to conclusion that is no wander why women dress the way they dress here. Not many (except teens) will stress their sexuality for obvious reason not to be bothered (if not to say harrased) from guys they would not otherwise interact.

From a crossdresser point of view we want to stress being in sexy look, with that, when out, we risk being treated as sexy. I'd like to take honest approach to this - when I am comming out I would like to look as much as any other girl and that means different clothing. For home and really safe places I find no problem to increase sexy expression. Then it is appropriate. But I believe that we often make mistake with assumptions that come from our male side and how we would like to see our girl to dress. Instead I am constantly trying to understand dressing from a girl side. It gives me much more insight what is important and what not. Instructions from someone that can teach you where are tricks is indispensable.

Day after events in the story we went shopping for some clothes for her and for me. I was in my ordinary male mode. It would be better that I have had time to dress and then go to shopping but nevertheless I have bought some pieces I figured I am missing for getting out. Instead falling for lingerie or more sexy things I have bought cardigans that help me being warm. Practical solutions are important especially if you wish to explore outing.

I have read some of your comments. I am pleased to learn that there is some fruit for you in what I have put down. I feel it important to me. Such experience is once in a lfe time - when you first want to show the rest of the world who you are also. Not that world heeds for that but as personal experience I believe it is indispensable.

Thank you very much for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by HillaryArtemis
    Sometimes, I worry about posting here. I have much to lose - like most CDs - by being generally outed. But you know what? What I do is right for me and I (ah, we are) am merely discovering and growing closer. This was always in me, and I tried to kill it - literally - before and was misreable for years on end.
    Take peace with you. It worked for me. Having familly is huge job. We often pay little attention to ourselves. Dressing if not for other things helps us to pay attention on selves and stress the fact that we also need reassurance in what we do in our lives. And do not try to run away from yourself - it is not worthed, another side looks much more promissing if not more nice.

Marda

Red face Good Taste Speaks For Itself

Hi Stelli

Something you reminded me of re "what looks good on you" ... when I managed Ladies Wear Stores I learned that the *Best* Sales Clerks were the ones who not only knew how to pick coordinating pieces and put outfits together, but how to tell a client what *did NOT* look good on her ... they usually also had the best sales $$$ ...

*many* GGs don't know how to dress properly for their figure type (red spandex pants 3 sizes too few ? 42C bra instead of a 44DD ?) ...

anyways, your posts are most enlightening and reassuring ...
    and certainly on a higher plane than the more readily available variety

You have much to share ... and doing so is very generous !!

Love / Marda

Quote Originally Posted by Marda
    Hi Stelli

Something you reminded me of re "what looks good on you" ... when I managed Ladies Wear Stores I learned that the *Best* Sales Clerks were the ones who not only knew how to pick coordinating pieces and put outfits together, but how to tell a client what *did NOT* look good on her ... they usually also had the best sales $$$ ...

*many* GGs don't know how to dress properly for their figure type (red spandex pants 3 sizes too few ? 42C bra instead of a 44DD ?) ...

anyways, your posts are most enlightening and reassuring ...
    and certainly on a higher plane than the more readily available variety

You have much to share ... and doing so is very generous !!

Love / Marda

What I have to share is much more than this, but that is another story, very comlex one with a lot of uncovered paths and ends that are not. I was just overwhelmed the beautifulness and magic of a moment. I am grateful to god that it have allowed me a moment of enlightening. I am grateful to all people that are close or far from me for being able to share. That is human specie - we as much as we like to collect - we like to share what we collected.

Aside, I am interesting in fashion on various levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Marda

It is true, sometimes I am shocked with lack of style, but what make me pleasure is that I have triggered something with my Sister. She told me that I have inspired her again that she makes herself look good. Two week later she comes from a trip completely different - the closest word would be - translucent.

I believe that lack of style also comes from the fact that many GG's do not want to spend their time for whatever reasons to look good. When I think of what I do - it is a lot of job to look good. What ever you do as GG I believe there is much less time for them to work on the task of looking good.

Lucy.T

Thumbs up

What fantastic posts, I was so upset when I got to the end. It's like reading a great book and then realising you've just read the last page. You want more, you want to find out where it goes from there.
    Please keep us posted on your continuing adventures

Hopefully you've read my previous explanatory thread, so I can skip the boring background.

Since living on my own I now have a proper understanding again of what it's like to be in the closet. Something I lost when I was with my ex. It's totally frustrating to be on your own, all dressed up but with no one to show it to.
    This is what has driven me out so many times at night. To drive by a crowd of people or a single person alone with the window down and wonder if they made you or not. Only a couple of times have people had a good long look and then carried on with the normal business. The rest of the time when people see you they pay no attention whatsoever.

To be able to share this with someone, especially a gg friend, is in my mind, the ultimate frustration reliever we could wish for. To talk about clothes and make-up, how a girl walks, talks and acts in public. To learn from someone who actually knows about girl things. I come from a martial arts background, and this wonderful women could be called a 'CD Sensei'!

Take care
    Luv
    Lucy xXx

HillaryArtemis

Rings true for me

Stelli, much of what you say rings true for me. Being practical and avoiding being too sexy in public is a great lesson. Last night I dressed at home in a full school girl's outfit. Plaid kilt, long black stockings, white T and full make up. Although I am in great shape and have a good body for a male of female (long legs - curvy ass), I might have looked great in public if I was eighteen again or if I was one of those few drop dead models that can look eighteen when they are forty. But I did look sexy and my wife appreciated it - however - to go out shopping in this? You got to be out of your mind - even if I passed I would be open season for unwanted attention. I learned that over the years. Last night I was dressing only for us. By the same token this outfit would be good for a CD friendly club. In fact it would be fun for that. Knowing what to wear and when is important. As you pointed out passing can be made or broken by attention to detail. Like the black eye line - god for me this is so important. It makes my eyes look cat-like - but I still can't do it. My wife does it for me. Little things are very important and these days I am studying women's eye lines more carefully to get good at it. It takes practice being a CD - some people fix muscle cars, some people drink hard, some people are movie nuts, well I am crazy about being a girl. For me this is thrilling.

One thing I appreciate about this site is the absence of too much sexual talk. For me, being a CD is mostly not about sex and getting turned on. This is what I call fetishism. Now I used to be in that state, but now I am focusing on passing. I am not saying that in a bad way - it is just that someof us are fetishistic and some of us are trying to pass. Please do not be upset - people are just different, and I am not sure where the line is and to tell you the truth I don't care anymore. I really appreciate well though out comments like those of Stelli, Jenny, Maddy, Erica, Julie, Sherlyn, Eleventhdr, Charlotte, and others here at this site. I look to your for guidance, support and I hope I can aid others like you too.

JodiArtemis

Quote Originally Posted by HillaryArtemis
    As you pointed out passing can be made or broken by attention to detail. Like the black eye line - god for me this is so important. It makes my eyes look cat-like - but I still can't do it. My wife does it for me. Little things are very important and these days I am studying women's eye lines more carefully to get good at it. It takes practice being a CD - some people fix muscle cars, some people drink hard, some people are movie nuts, well I am crazy about being a girl. For me this is thrilling.
    My Big Sister calls it - foxy eyes. I think I know what you are talking about. The way how to make your eyes elongated on sides. Her technique I still did not learn to do myself, however I am getting good. I tend (and like) to work with pencils as I find it less messy, but it seems that some effects on makeup are not meant to be done by pencil. Liners (again in form of pencil) are tricky to make looking good. The problem is that pencils are sharp and leave lines that are very contrasted. Sister works with brushes. The effect is more smooth as shades change from one to another. I am not yet so sophisticated makeup artist but this is also opportunity to learn.

I acquired quite of collection of shades of different color sets. Even that is tricky. You see shade in shop but you are unsure how it looks on you (as guy how long you'd spend on makeup stand?? from another side as girl how long you will stay only on makeup stand??? I think I should go for makeup shopping more as girl...). Result is that you tend to buy various sets until you come to your colors that match your eyes. I was always amazed that my wife have comparatively small amount of items in her makeup purse. She is managing with amazingly minimal set of things to achieve extraordinary look. That is another type of wizardry to my belief. But she hardly does makeup on me. From another side Big Sister is like moving repair shop - her box with makeup is flight box (she was stewardess) large enough that you can pack everything for a day trip and she carries it as makeup box only. When open it is the most unbelievable set of everything that you can and can not imagine you need for makeup. Figure that. However, she uses mostly my makeup set with bits and pieces of her own which means that I have already good set of things. I am still discovering what else I need in my set. Maybe I'd cut down once that I find things I need for my style.

Aside, I find that observing adverts for make-up in girl magazines give fantastic ideas what you can do with makeup. I understand why my step daugter studies them deeply too as she also browse for fashion. I find them as inspiration workbook. I am also realizing that with makeup is the same as dressing. It takes time and lot of experimenting to come to personal style.

It is great passtime for me too. I can spend hours just doing makeup.