Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freddy’s Holiday Cookies

Complex Lolita...

Freddy’s Holiday Cookies

[SIZE="2"]Hello, friends! Today, December 13, is Saint Lucy’s Day. Since it is one of the few saint days observed in Scandinavia, it is celebrated in Lindsborg, KS (a.k.a. Little Sweden) the traditional way -- Saint Lucy appears as a young woman (usually the oldest daughter in a family) with lights and sweets. With this in mind, I’m offering my “holiday cookies” today in the form of random observations -- these are meant to be semi-humorous, and they are based mainly on things seen or experienced in the MtF area, where I usually reside:

1. Inserting the word “Art” into a post will kill a thread immediately.
    2. Have you noticed that your fingers do a little dance when you type the word “crossdresser?”
    3. Threads that take a long time to write drop like stones, while short, hastily-written threads get plenty of attention. Maybe I’m jealous…
    4. I didn’t have a feminine name until I came here (I was just me), so I had to choose one quickly. The accents were an afterthought…
    5. SO, SO, SO – doesn’t anyone ever talk about insignificant others?
    6. Are you like me? Do you have a big pile of ridiculous, unused posts sitting around?
    7. It’s very easy to be a crossdresser when you’re not married, have no children, and don’t work for someone else (and rarely go outside)…
    8. How do I get that hidden skin? Oops, wrong forum…
    9. Trains and crossdressers go together for some reason, regardless of what country you’re from…
    10. Many younger crossdressers seem troubled, while older members seem comfortable with themselves, so the moral must be “wait a while”…
    11. I rarely post without quoting, but I like to acknowledge the OP, if at all possible…
    12. If you and I were to meet, and you knew who I was, would you shake my hand, hug me, or kiss me? Hopefully you wouldn’t ignore me…
    13. New girls are welcomed, and then promptly ignored. Patience is a virtue, my friends…
    14. It takes time (sometimes days) to write a decent PM, and it hurts my shoulder…
    15. Reading between the lines here is one of many necessary skills…
    16. Self-pleasure is a wonderful thing (I mean in regards to spelling and grammar)…
    17. Members do leave, but they usually return. The space in between grows exponentially each time it happens. Come back, TXKimberly…
    18. A sense of loneliness comes through loud and clear in some of the posts (especially mine)…
    19. Sports and crossdressing don’t mix properly, unless you’re playing hockey with Karren Hutton, of course…
    20. Regarding MtF’ers, nobody talks enough about the simple pleasures of wearing a dress…
    21. Freddy has never read the “Art of tucking” thread. This is what I have to work with …
    22. I have several friends who write well, and I’ve alienated some of them, too…
    23. Since I never had a true girlhood, I live vicariously through other’s experiences…
    24. How about a smilie that bows or curtsies?
    25. Ze has the best signature…:Ze:
    26. I’m anticipating a “What color nail polish did you spill on your (fill in the color) panties” thread…
    27. Posts can resemble shy notes, toilet-paper length discourses, or space-filling lists
    28. We wear masks in real life, but when we put on a little make-up we see our true selves…
    29. This forum reminds me of a secret tree house in the deep woods, made accessible by a rope ladder…
    30. You can fall asleep easily by counting how many thousands of words you’ve wasted…
    31. Someday I’m going to write a post starting with a single quoted word from someone (like "the")…
    32. There’s this strange feeling at all times that men in women’s clothing are reading what I write…
    33. I really need you to like me, because I’ve never fit in anywhere – it’s true…
    34. Darling is a beautiful word…
    35. I arrange my perversions like flowers – aren’t they pretty?
    36. If a crossdresser wears a kilt, it immediately ceases to be a battle garment. Skip the sporran…
    37. When I first came here I was worried I had nothing meaningful to say, but now I’m quite sure of it…
    38. Looking at the photos here makes me realize just how introverted I am…
    39. In the past five months I’ve told the same stories three times or more, but nobody seems to notice…
    40. My biggest fear is not having enough knowledge to back up a response, or respond to a topic in the first place…
    41. Few (if any) realize that this list can be seen as an example of conceptual art. Oh, never mind…
    42. If I had five cents for every time I read the word “guilt” here, I’d have $105.95…
    43. I thought I was hopelessly shy and quiet, but now I seem outgoing by comparison…
    44. Do you ever notice how you bump into the same members now and then within a thread, as if we’re all thinking alike, or just happen to be awake at the same time?
    45. This crazy dollhouse keeps rolling along like a katamari…
    46. I always enjoy getting a PM and reading it, but I love to write and send one even more…
    47. What exactly happened on 1/18/08, at 1:37 AM, when there were 1,257 members online?
    48. The “Writer’s Society” reminds me of the film Cube 2: Hypercube: four people sitting in the corners of a room, getting ready to crawl through a hole to another dimension. Maybe I’m just jealous…
    49. Do you speak in your femme voice when you talk to yourself?
    50. My message is this – enjoy being different. If I could meet you I would give you a warm, reassuring embrace. We’ve come a long way, you and I…

Thanks for reading...
    Happy Saint Lucy’s Day![/SIZE]

Frederique,

That is one of the cleverest, funniest and yet insightful posts I've ever seen. I loved it and literally am still grinning from ear to ear. You certainly are the queen of one liners.

You realize that you've moved the bar one notch higher to top this one girl, right? I'm going to go back and read every one of your posts and enjoy.

Thanks again for your gift of St. Lucy Days cookies.

P.S. When do we get the pancakes?
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

51. Frederique's posts are always interesting, well thought out and unlike most of the posts on this forum grammitically correct with perfect spelling.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Loved it Funny and witty
    "Any life is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is." - Jorge Luis Borges

Frédérique wrote

If you and I were to meet, and you knew who I was, would you shake my hand, hug me, or kiss me? Hopefully you wouldn’t ignore me…
    A big hug

A hairy dude in a dress Nigella23's Avatar

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Frédérique, my darling friend,

I love your post. Many of the observations you posted are ones that I have had as well. Great minds, and all that.

Don't feel lonely. You do have friends here. Call out. Reach out.

Kathe
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 12-13-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Frederique Thank you for the St lucy cookies. I would like to give you some Hersey Kisses in return.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Platinum Member

Nailed It

Hi Frederique
    that was a real darling of a post.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

#9 it's a toss up with me on that one
    I would say that taking a camera and a
    radio scanner to the railroad tracks
    for the day ranks right up there with
    dressing up for the day.
    .................................................. .........thanks..........Orchid

#33 I love you because you are smart and articulate without being arrogant, unfeeling, and pretentious.

#35 is sooo twisted! I love it!

#44 is definitely sleep patterns.

#46 you can send me a PM any time. And I thought I was the only one who spent hours writing a PM...

Great post, I read your stuff whenever I see it.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

A hug with L.A. Style air kisses thrown in, of course!

A very smart therapist told me this sometime ago, and it helped me: Shyness often comes from being too focused on oneself (self-conscious). If you focus on others, listen, and ask about their life, it dissipates like fog on a sunny day.

Re unused posts, several times I've just shaken my head and said "Wow!" to myself at the accumulated wisdom here...and then erased what I was going to post .

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE=2]4. I didn’t have a feminine name until I came here (I was just me), so I had to choose one quickly. The accents were an afterthought…[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I had the same thing (minus the accents). Came up with my name when I was staring at the empty login name box.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]12. If you and I were to meet, and you knew who I was, would you shake my hand, hug me, or kiss me? Hopefully you wouldn’t ignore me…[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I am a hugger.....as long as the other person is comfortable with it. So you have one waiting for you! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]17. Members do leave, but they usually return. The space in between grows exponentially each time it happens. Come back, TXKimberly…[/SIZE]
    Amen. It is hard for me not to wonder if all is going well when someone noticeable is no longer around. My thoughts go great distances for them.

Very nice list!

I just dropped by for a quick visit as the world rushes around me at present. I am glad that your post was the one on which my game piece landed
    And soon, "Tip's old comrades stared in wonder...and then every head bent in honest admiration of the lovely Princess Ozma."
    "The girl turned to her old friends. "Speaking the words with a sweet diffidence, she said, 'I hope none of you will care less for me than you did before. I'm just the same Tip, you know, only--only--' "
    " 'Only you're different,' said the Pumpkinhead."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    Happy St Lucy's Day Frederique. Loved this thread..

Santa Lucia--what a beautiful festival! You've reminded me of some very good memories. Thank you.
    warmly, Linnea

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Darling this is the best post I have seen on here in a long time! I can tell you put a lot of work into it and you are so darn creative. We need to meet soon and I want to give you a big sisterly hug!

PS my fingers do dance when I type the words crossdresser or transgendered.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

So, is St. Lucy like The Patron Saint of Ditzy Redheads who have Cuban Bandleader Husbands?

Actually I think you did a whole bunch of Quality Free Verse there....very interesting!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 12-14-2009 at 12:42 AM.

And suddenly I am transported to a far distant time, to my grandfathers house on Puget Sound, it is dark out, and I can see the lights from the Naval base reflecting on the water, and the lights from the big colorful bulbs on the christmas tree reflecting in the window, while all around me a bunch of drunken Swedes are singing "Nu Det Jul Igen."

Why did life have to get so complicated?
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Mostly Harmless...
    Like I anticipated, this was a thread worth to read. I wonder if I would have found it if you wouldn't have mentioned it to me at all. *thinks* Probably, as I tend to read your threads even if I don't answer. *blushes and hides under the table*

Quote Originally Posted by Faith_G View Post
    #33 I love you because you are smart and articulate without being arrogant, unfeeling, and pretentious.

#35 is sooo twisted! I love it!

#44 is definitely sleep patterns.

#46 you can send me a PM any time. And I thought I was the only one who spent hours writing a PM...

Great post, I read your stuff whenever I see it.
    Freddy is very lovable, nyaa.

There are a lot more us(at least the three of us) who enjoy writing long PM's or other things.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

[SIZE="2"] 47. What exactly happened on 1/18/08, at 1:37 AM, when there were 1,257 members online? [/SIZE]
    This one made me laugh out loud! Great post Frédérique!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Wonderful insights

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Somehow the inclusion of the word "Art" hasn't killed this thread. When it finally goes away it will be remembered fondly and maybe even revived every St. Lucy's Day.

Thank you Freddy for asking the question that has bothered me for so long, How did they get 1,257 crossdressers, significant others, insignificant others, oither others, TS's, and various flavors of TG's, all in this tiny room all at the same time?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

52. Be sure to take some "pitchers" to share with your family.

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar
    QUOTE=Frédérique;…
    10. Many younger crossdressers seem troubled, while older members seem comfortable with themselves, so the moral must be “wait a while”…
    Excellent!! I'm getting there, with time.
    Loved this thread.
    April.

Thank you, Frédérique, for these "cookies". I always know when i see your name on a posting, that it'll be well worth the time to read. I'm so glad I stopped by the forums today and caught this one.

Although reading #35 almost got me funny looks at work. <must control laughing out loud better . . . )